Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

21 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

We could get a Golden Retriever to play quarterback.

Just as a stop gap.

It could be fun.

the rules don’t specify that you can’t 

34 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Just as a stop gap.

It could be fun.

We could name him "Keanu"....I'm in.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Conn said:

Not so sure about that. Defense can’t get worse. QB production can’t get worse, efficiency-wise. Running game will by default be better. Roster will improve, schemes will be better, gameday coaching will improve. Morale will be higher.

Would be surprised if they produce a similar amount of wins as this dead dog Rivera team that gave up less than halfway through the season. 7+ wins could be achievable even if they tear he roster apart more than people expect—either way there will be lots of turnover. But even tearing it down to the studs they could win more than 4-6 games. 

I think the defense could get worse if Allen or Payne get hurt. I think McLaurin is just getting older, not better, Dotson could go either way, I would assume better, but yeah, the ugly truth of it is to me, cratering was probably this year, but considering how better positioned most other squads are around us, I don't expect much better than this year. I'd put the ceiling at 7, the expectation at probably 5.5, and the floor at 3.5. I suspect Vegas will put our win total at somewhere between 5.5-6.5 depending upon free agency, draft and hire. 

Every single positional cohort on this team is below average or worse other than DT. It's a pretty terrible situation to start from, but at least the F.O. is facing it, rather than trying bs half measures. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

35 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

There is a non-zero chance that Typer Spiers is a troll account I set up in the middle of the night but have no memory of.

It's Tyler Spiers, and no I am not a troll. I've been a fan since watching the Skins win the 82 Super Bowl sitting on my grandfather Jimmy Roach's lap in the deep South of Richmond, Virginia. He was not only a WW2 vet, but he went back to fight in the Korean War losing both his eye and three of his fingers. His greatest pleasure was watching the Skinny Mammas. His second greatest pleasure was taking out his glass eye and putting it inside his mouth and growling at me like Marlon Brando in the Godfather. So yeah, pretty much a super fan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I think the defense could get worse if Allen or Payne get hurt. I think McLaurin is just getting older, not better, Dotson could go either way, I would assume better, but yeah, the ugly truth of it is to me, cratering was probably this year, but considering how better positioned most other squads are around us, I don't expect much better than this year. I'd put the ceiling at 7, the expectation at probably 5.5, and the floor at 3.5. I suspect Vegas will put our win total at somewhere between 5.5-6.5 depending upon free agency, draft and hire. 

Every single positional cohort on this team is below average or worse other than DT. It's a pretty terrible situation to start from, but at least the F.O. is facing it, rather than trying bs half measures. 

This is why I think this season felt like the floor. The players were unmotivated, the coaching, gameplanning, and playcalling was terrible—not just bad but actively working against themselves. The roster bad, yeah, but also mostly underperforming. And they still were in many of the games that they lost until the very end. With almost no contributions from their rookie class, and negative contributions from their meager FA class.  I stand by the idea that it’s going to be hard to be worse unless they surprise everybody and truly tear everything down to the studs. They’ll be playing an easier schedule as well, hypothetically. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

It's Tyler Spiers, and no I am not a troll. I've been a fan since watching the Skins win the 82 Super Bowl sitting on my grandfather Jimmy Roach's lap in the deep South of Richmond, Virginia. He was not only a WW2 vet, but he went back to fight in the Korean War losing both his eye and three of his fingers. His greatest pleasure was watching the Skinny Mammas. His second greatest pleasure was taking out his glass eye and putting it inside his mouth and growling at me like Marlon Brando in the Godfather. So yeah, pretty much a super fan.

Not doing much to dispel the LKB burner possibilities here

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Just as a stop gap.

It could be fun.

That's absurd.  Goldens are so effing friendly.  You want a bulldog back there.  Or maybe a St. Bernard.  How do you sack a St. Bernard?  You don't.  You open his cask and take a drink.  Yeah, get the D drunk and then send the bulldog in after halftime.  I think we're onto something.

As far as Fields, he sucks.  Let it go.

53 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

If you weren't taking sides in the "I like Sonny/I like Billy" wars, you ain't a real fan.  (Disclaimer:  I liked Joey)

Edited by Dark Acre

2 hours ago, Tyler Spiers said:

Not gonna lie.

One of my favorite posts ever on this site

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Sorry, I'm just against acquiring bad QBs. Especially ones that not one but two excellent highly regarded coaches have said "nah, no thanks" to.

Probably fair to mention that one of those coaches tied his wagon to Geno Smith and found himself unemployed shortly thereafter.

30 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Probably fair to mention that one of those coaches tied his wagon to Geno Smith and found himself unemployed shortly thereafter.

Yeah, imagine the possibilities? Heine was out there after all!!!

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Just as a stop gap.

It could be fun.

We should sign Snyder to play QB and give him Stephon Heyer, Tyler Polumbus, Casey Rabach, Trai Turner and Wes Martin as his OL

Edited by method man

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Trading for Russell would be galatically stupid, but I laugh when people tell me that I have to bow to the decision making ability of someone like Sean Payton who:

1. Got that facelift, and 

2. Attached his family's financial future to the decision making abilities of Jameis Winston.

Also, there is a very good chance Pete Carrol is going to be doing a weekly spot on the McAfree show next year where he blames Global Warming on the Jews or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jumbo said:

We could name him "Keanu"....I'm in.

Why don't we go the whole hog (not deliberate honestly) and get Keanu Reeves to QB and rename ourselves the Sentinels. Great name and I bet we win more games than last year's shower.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Really? Because it seems like I could train a German Shepherd to be a pretty nasty defensive end on passing downs.

Amazing if you could. Otherwise he would be too effective

Can't exactly tell Killer to go maul the QB w/o drawing some kind of roughing penalty.

mqdefault.jpg.8f1b6537fbd7ee9aef33e259c6ce10bf.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Looks like Jerry going to extend Dak for 2 years.

Basically has to, the way his contract hits the cap this year was designed to lead to an extension 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Really? Because it seems like I could train a German Shepherd to be a pretty nasty defensive end on passing downs.

21 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Just as a stop gap.

It could be fun.

Which one of you is Clinton Portis and which one is Mike Vick?