Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

30 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Yeah, gotta leave space for added information.

Stock for guys like Daniels and Maye likely explode at combine time.

Somebody is probably gonna spell their name wrong on the wonderlick and have people freaking out.

Somebody might have small hands...

gcov05ww84t41.webp.f7843161041fafdfb06bb50c3a308f02.webp

Short arms become less of an issue when you have the bite force about 3.5 times that off a salt water crocodile.

Of relevance to QB evaluations - we sometimes get too tied up on what players can’t do rather than focus on what they can do. Some offensive (and defensive) coordinators fall into the same trap!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

Can't tell me that's only a 3 inch height difference, during the jets game they showed them together and sams top of his helmet looked like it stopped a Jacobys neck

Screenshot_20231228_175054_Gallery.jpg

Be honest. You're just a young kid and Sam shot your dog. ☹️

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Be honest. You're just a young kid and Sam shot your dog. ☹️

Nope just can't get on board with bad qb play and got tired of reading on here that it's not sams fault he sucks. Decided it was time to break up the echo chamber

7 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I should have added the word ‘perceived’.

Because let’s be honest, it’s all conjecture and smoke/mirrors until you get them through the door, isn’t it.

No he said himself he can't make any throws that Mahomes does. He thinks he is good as Mahomes.

Edited by zCommander

48 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dude doesn't run. He extends. Big time. And he's great at it. The one thing you'll never catch me knocking is his off platform ability. It's off the charts. But he has 97 carries for 142 yards this year. 

In college sacks count as rushing yards, so his rushing stays are probably dramatically impacted by the negative yards. 

12 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Nope just can't get on board with bad qb play and got tired of reading on here that it's not sams fault he sucks. Decided it was time to break up the echo chamber

This is rich, a true revolutionary you are.

You showed up right when it was clear the season was over and Sam fell off the proverbial cliff many of us saw coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is rich, a true revolutionary you are.

You showed up right when it was clear the season was over and Sam fell off the proverbial cliff many of us saw coming.

Like I've stated several times, I've been reading this board faithfully since before 2012, and when I say faithfully I mean nearly every day in season and during draft and free agency. 

Not only that, I was getting absolutely trashed for questioning Sam before and during the Dolphins game. 

It was the echo chamber that finally after all these years made me go from just a reader to a poster.

Just now, mac8887 said:

Like I've stated several times, I've been reading this board faithfully since before 2012, and when I say faithfully I mean nearly every day in season and during draft and free agency. 

Not only that, I was getting absolutely trashed for questioning Sam before and during the Dolphins game. 

It was the echo chamber that finally after all these years made me go from just a reader to a poster.

As if Ron’s disastrous reign here wasn’t bad enough, he converted you from lurker to full time poster.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

Ah, you're mission here is  to apply your superior analytical abilities to correct all? most?some? of the board.

Apparently, in my take, by mainly offering posts of the nature of a repetitive white-noise generator.

Your comment above is ridiculously broad, simplistic, and way too pretentious. 

I suggest you up your game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The Notre Dame game was a different blueprint than other teams. They brought edge pressures that other teams didn't. They made Williams stay in the pocket. They did an excellent job contain rushing and not going for the big play/sacks. By keeping Williams in the pocket and closing it around him, the forced him to read the field and throw. He didn't do that well at all. And that's concerning going to the next level. That was the only game he played a real defense. And they kept him in the pocket and forced him to throw in under 3.2.

They also collapsed the pocket at times from what I saw and whenever the camera panned to the receivers they were covered.  Rice is a decent receiver but nothing special.  I don't love his weapons but I did like his RBs.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

One thing I found just now when actually looking at his stats, and based on your Murray comment I went and looked at his rushing stats.

Dude doesn't run. He extends. Big time. And he's great at it. The one thing you'll never catch me knocking is his off platform ability. It's off the charts. But he has 97 carries for 142 yards this year. 

I know I cited that when I referenced Maye versus Caleb in another post.  But Caleb has wheels when he wants to use them.  I used the Murray example not so much because of running but because of size and his own brand of off platform throwing.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It's going to be a really long few months.

Yep.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

If we were drafting a guy strictly on traits it's Maye. Size and speed.

Agree.  He's the most traditional -- stick to structure NFL ready of the three IMO.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

If it's on off platform ability its Williams.

Agree.  I also think he might have the most arm talent, too.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

If it's on raw potential it's Daniels. 

Maybe.  He's definitely the most special runner of the three. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

If it's none of the above it's signing Cousins and praying :ols:

The entertainment value on this thread on others for that would be priceless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

@KDawg I did some digging on the rushing for CW:

Per DraftBuzz Profile:

Williams was the #6 prospect (Rivals) and #8 (247). Quinn Ewers was #1 on both. Latham and Mims were top OTs. Egbuka top WR. 

Hes 6’1 215 and runs a 4.59

2021 (Oklahoma): 64 rushes for 559 in 7 games 

2022 (USC): 90 rushes for 615 yards

Can’t find his true rushing stats for this year. He took 33 sacks so he had 64 rushes. If you averaged 6 yards lost on those sacks he’d be at 64 rushes for 340 yards. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't think Daniels is the safer route, personally.

I think Maye is safest. Has the size, speed, athleticism. Traits wise he is by far the most NFL-like of the primary three QBs. But his ceiling just isn't as high as Williams or Daniels.

Daniels is actually probably the biggest boom/bust of the three. He could be an absolute disaster. Or Lamar redux.

Williams is probably not going to ever suck. But I'm not sold on him being the stud that many thought he'd be (hence the overrated tag by me). 

I agree with this.  

They are all intriguing for different reasons.  They are all very different.  I think it clearly will depend on the taste of the respective teams picking as to how the top 3 goes.  The more I think about it and the more I digest, the less convinced that the top 3 for certain is going to go in the order of Caleb, Drake, Daniels.   i used to think this.  I don't anymore.  I think it could go any which way. 

Clearly it depends on what these respective teams are looking for.  It's like asking if you want steak, lasagne, or lobster for dinner.   Depends on the taste of whomever is ordering.  That's why I think its going to be wild and fascinating especially if we are picking 3rd where we are at the mercy of how other teams see those players assuming we take a QB.

And agree Daniels is the boom-bust guy of the three.  Maye is the safest.    Williams' personality I gather will be dissected like a fine tooth comb -- I am guess we will hear story after story in that regard and some likely to be true and some false because it feels like easy click bait

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@KDawg I did some digging on the rushing for CW:

Per DraftBuzz Profile:

Williams was the #6 prospect (Rivals) and #8 (247). Quinn Ewers was #1 on both. Latham and Mims were top OTs. Egbuka top WR. 

Hes 6’1 215 and runs a 4.59

2021 (Oklahoma): 64 rushes for 559 in 7 games 

2022 (USC): 90 rushes for 615 yards

Can’t find his true rushing stats for this year. He took 33 sacks so he had 64 rushes. If you averaged 6 yards lost on those sacks he’d be at 64 rushes for 340 yards. 

Sports reference has the rushing stats of these players

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/caleb-williams-3.html

Just now, mac8887 said:

By the way, anyone read the si article Sam for Zack Wilson and a 5th. I'd take it, that 5th is worth more than the 5 mil cap hit for one year, especially in a year with all that cap space. Take that 5th and just let his contract expire

The entertainment value of having him back with Dax Milne with the love triangle of him dating Zach's ex and the rest of that story would add some zest to the off season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The entertainment value of having him back with Dax Milne with the love triangle of him dating Zach's ex and the rest of that story would add some zest to the off season. 

There is a higher chance that @mac8887 buys a Howell jersey than Dax Milne staying on the team's roster come 2024.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, zCommander said:

No he said himself he can't make any throws that Mahomes does. He thinks he is good as Mahomes.

I’m confused. You want a QB to say he can’t make those throws? Pretty stupid thing to get mad at a guy about, of course he’s gonna believe in his arm. Just so happens to be one of the few guys who can claim that, too. Being able to make any of those throws doesn’t mean you’re “as good” btw. There’s a lot more to being a QB and I imagine any FO interviewing him before the draft will dig into all that and see what his mindset really is. But buying into these dumb sound bites that players are baited into is a waste of time. Forming your whole view of a player’s personality around them is equally so. 

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

These stats are calculated to include sacks though. I was trying to find NFL comp rush stats that don’t include the sack numbers. Draft buzz had them for 2021 and 2022 but not 2023 

• Like 1