Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, mojo said:

Why do so many want to get rid of Heinicke bc he’s nothing more than a back up?  Exactly the reason to keep him. He’s a perfect back up and extremely valuable.

Its like when you meet a new woman, you can't keep hanging around your ex that you had a few passionate nights with but ultimately know there is no future with. Its just too easy to fall back to her.

Heinicke is that ex. We need a clean and complete break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mojo said:

If anything, I think that’s a better reason to keep him.  Turner is awful…I’d like to see what Heinicke could do w/ a better play caller.

Nothing.  Because he lacks the ability to throw the ball at an NFL level.  

He is what he is. His lack of arm talent throws guys covered on just about every pass.

Am NFL QB gets the ball in the SF game ti Samuel’s where he’s 10 yards open out in front of him and it’s a walk in TD.  TH throws him into a situation where he catches the ball and has to go out of bounds.

In that case, Turner actually schemed a guy WIDE open.  And OL’ noodle arm blew it.  

He can’t play.  Trust me.  He can’t play and your eyes are deceiving you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It is odd that he’s absolutely not suited to run the Turner style offense, isn’t it?

Yep. Turner’s offense is predicated on a solid O Line and a QB w a big arm.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That sounds good to me. Not sure if I’d feel the same way if I was Ron and knew my job was on the line next year.

The only way Ron stays is if Howell is developing and gets us into the playoffs. Otherwise it’s time to go after year 4. I doubt Dan agrees to a big QB signing. I expect them to announce the sale in beginning of February prior to Super Bowl week and an approval in late March. In that scenario Ron is not going to be allowed to make massive moves. 

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Ron caught some flak on here for not restructuring Wentz' deal to create more cap space in 22, which would've resulted in us eating dead cap in 23.  We are lucky he didn't, now we can cut him with no dead cap.  Onwards and upwards.

But use the money differently this offseason and keep the picks. Ron made a big mistake, But he did draft Howell.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nothing.  Because he lacks the ability to throw the ball at an NFL level.  

He is what he is. His lack of arm talent throws guys covered on just about every pass.

Am NFL QB gets the ball in the SF game ti Samuel’s where he’s 10 yards open out in front of him and it’s a walk in TD.  TH throws him into a situation where he catches the ball and has to go out of bounds.

In that case, Turner actually schemed a guy WIDE open.  And OL’ noodle arm blew it.  

He can’t play.  Trust me.  He can’t play and your eyes are deceiving you. 

Put Brock Purdy on this team with this O line and Turner’s play calling and you would be saying the exact same thing about him.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, D’Pablo said:

Keep Howell and keep Heineke. The team clearly responds to Heini in a way they didn't for Wentz. His endorsement of Howell probably resulted in a lot more buy in from this team as a result. 

Can’t keep Heinicke if Turner is removed. And Turner should be removed.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

And heinie 😉

Howell is undefeated overall.

Undefeated against the NFC.

Undefeated against the division.

Average record of opponent entering game  against Howell is 12-4.

Average margin of victory is 3 scores. 
He’s basically a combination of Dan Marino, Montana, Elway and Sammy Baugh at this point. 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m sold.  

Sign an Andy Dalton, Bridgewater, Whoever to be the “competitive veteran”, draft another guy, and roll with Howell, vet + rookie.

Draft and sign 17 OL.  

Let Howell snd “competitive veteran” compete for the starting job in the off season.

Win SB.

Easy.

I typically don’t go to town based on one game but considering context that was an impressive debut. I’d like one QB to compete with him. But IMO no need to spend big and not for the reasons some use which is don’t let Ron cook when he’s not long for the kitchen. For me its about I like this roster, upgrade it, keep Payne and try to go cheap at QB like how the Eagles rolled the dice on. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Can’t keep Heinicke if Turner is removed. And Turner should be removed.

Because the only reason Heinicke is successful is bc of Turner but Turner is awful and should be fired. Got it.

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

People thinking that RR is going to fire the guy who was running the lame ass **** that RR wanted him to are smoking a little too much crack. 

If Turner has lost the support of the locker room, and reports are saying he has, I think it's clear he's gotta go.  It would be one thing if the criticism was just coming from outside the building, but it's not.

And Turner has been dealt a tough hand.  Fitz going down, Wentz debacle, and trying to get the most out of TH isn't easy.  But a change is needed, and a spark could have a huge impact on our young offensive playmakers.

• Like 1