Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I am pretty sure if Wentz gets injured they cannot release him which makes his 2023 salary fully gauranteed. So as @Jumbo said Wentz needs to be "sedated, put in a shipping crate, and sent to irsay's house." or something similar.  

If he plays even a single down, that should be considered criminal negligence. 

Let's see some Sam Howell!! 

image.png.c019a138a991d8bf5c0ab8e7829dd681.png

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But hard to bench a dude who just did that.

It wasn't hard to bench a dude who had two costly turnovers just the week prior.  Should have pulled him immediately after that second interception.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It was basically the exact same thing that happened with heinicke a week before, he was awful in the first then led a nice touchdown drive that made it difficult to make the switch and then proceeded to stink again. 

At least now there is no doubt at all that wentz is not the answer and before there was that tiny miniscule possibility. 

Yeah while it was a miserable experience for me to fly up for the game, culminating in me losing my key at the airport on my return home, ubering home and returning to the airport again today to get my car.   Couldn't be a worse start of the year for me.  😧  And I was present for Wentz's debacle against the Eagles.  So Wentz sheparded 2 of the 3 worst games (the other for me was I was present for the Monday Night massacre) that I've seen in person over the last 20 years or so.  So good riddance as far as I am concerned.

But that might have been a lose the battle to win the war type of drill.  To me three upsides to this.

A.  There is a contingent of people including some insiders who speculated that if this team makes the playoffs maybe Dan would reconsider the sale.   Breer speculated that it could be a head fake, ditto Florio.  My gut is this is unlikely but heck until Freddy Krueger is dead, I am not dancing on the grave yet.  So even if the narrative is BS, it still puts it to the rest the playoff angle influencing Dan on the off chance it has some legs.

B.  My biggest fear and i said so here is Wentz has sort of a maybe performance where it leaves it to the imaginiation of the FO.  In that case, I gather they'd chance it by bringing back Wentz.  Wentz was so bad and the fans were so displeased by the performance that they have to move on.

C.  I haven't fully dived into this draft yet but on first glance picking in the top 15 is as usual an advantage over picking later -- both in terms of trading down and accuring picks and as far as landing marquee players.  As far as a trade down, there is a decent chance 4 QBs go before our pick if so that would push some players down.  It's a loaded draft for CB and edge and teams tend to trade up for that.

Arguably one of the top two LTs, Skoronoski , Johnson might still be there at our pick.  Ditto IMO the best Y-TE prospect in eons, Michael Mayer who you might still be able to get in a small trade down ala last year. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ron said if it was a meaningless game, it would be Howell.

Well, it's pretty ****ing meaningless. 

Hell, worse, we want to lose this game.

Don't start Howell. Take away the only thing that could be a silver lining. 

Have Turdy Pig **** in Sonny hand at half time. 

How much more could this **** show spray in the fans faces.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably.  I am guessing but it feels like he's sort of checked out.  

Thats fine, stay home. Some of us still care, some of us don't get to collect $28 million to suck. As bad as Wentz has been, I've never hated him...until his post game presser. His "Gee golly! Aww shucks, I had a bad day" really pissed me off. He won two games for this team, his injury was a blessing and he comes back just in time to sink everything. "Oops! Did I do that!?".

**** you Wentz, I could never watch this loser play for this team, I would have to give up the team. I don't think I could watch him play football period, I may have to give up the sport to avoid the chance of seeing Carson Wentz ever throw a football ever again. I don't even want to see his stupid, ginger, troll doll face on the sidelines Sunday. Get him the **** out of here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This double downs even more Carr isn't coming here unless Dan sells.

I am not a do or die with Carr though.   Jimmy G remains to me the favorite, not per se my favorite but its my gut their top guy unless his injuries scare them.  I get why Ron wouldn't want to give up more compensation for a QB.    Jimmy G won't require any. 

My main issue with Jimmy G is how much money would he command?  And with this team's history of injuries at that spot -- seems to be a bit of a marriage in hell on that front with Jimmy G.  Carr has been remarkably durable, Jimmy G not so much. 

This 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah while it was a miserable experience for me to fly up for the game, culminating in me losing my key at the airport on my return home, ubering home and returning to the airport again today to get my car.   Couldn't be a worse start of the year for me.  😧  And I was present for Wentz's debacle against the Eagles.  So Wentz sheparded 2 of the 3 worst games (the other for me was I was present for the Monday Night massacre) that I've seen in person over the last 20 years or so.  So good riddance as far as I am concerned.

But that might have been a lose the battle to win the war type of drill.  To me three upsides to this.

A.  There is a contingent of people including some insiders who speculated that if this team makes the playoffs maybe Dan would reconsider the sale.   Breer speculated that it could be a head fake, ditto Florio.  My gut is this is unlikely but heck until Freddy Krueger is dead, I am not dancing on the grave yet.  So even if the narrative is BS, it still puts it to the rest the playoff angle influencing Dan on the off chance it has some legs.

B.  My biggest fear and i said so here is Wentz has sort of a maybe performance where it leaves it to the imaginiation of the FO.  In that case, I gather they'd chance it by bringing back Wentz.  Wentz was so bad and the fans were so displeased by the performance that they have to move on.

C.  I haven't fully dived into this draft yet but on first glance picking in the top 15 is as usual an advantage over picking later -- both in terms of trading down and accuring picks and as far as landing marquee players.  As far as a trade down, there is a decent chance 4 QBs go before our pick if so that would push some players down.  It's a loaded draft for CB and edge and teams tend to trade up for that.

Arguably one of the top two LTs, Skoronoski , Johnson might still be there at our pick.  Ditto IMO the best Y-TE prospect in eons, Michael Mayer who you might still be able to get in a slightly trade down ala last year. 

Sorry you had such a bad time. Hopefully, next year it's better for all of us.

How was the crowd and the stadium experience? What % were Commanders fans? Was their any energy or did it feel dead?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sorry you had such a bad time. Hopefully, next year it's better for all of us.

How was the crowd and the stadium experience? What % were Commanders fans? Was their any energy or did it feel dead?

thanks.  I was commenting on it on the game thread in real time.

To summarize, it was one of the best crowds I've seen at a home game from the % of our fans versus the opponents fans in eons.  I'd say 70% Commanders fans, maybe even 75%.  If they won considering Gibbs apperance, the Hogs, Mascot debut for kids, etc -- it would have gone a long way to build some good will I think with fans who were there.  Instead it went south and the pregame stuff and hype comes off sad in retrospect.  I joked on the game thread that it felt like it would likely go south because usually hoopla games like this tend to do so. 

But far from a sell out.  Plenty of empty seats.  It was an enthusiastic crowd early on but it turned negative really fast.  The boos towards Wentz and chants for Heinicke after the first pick were really loud.   

I've never seen a crowd so sour on one of their own players.   And I've been to my share of Yankee games where that crowd is notorious for it.  Wentz was booed again and again.  I had good seats, close to the sidelines and fans next to me were loudly heckling Wentz when he'd go back to the bench which wasn't that far away from where we were sitting.

In one sense I liked it because I had my doubts about Wentz and I was scared Rivera would talk himself into riding him into next year if he showed even flashes.  And the fans were so loud and relentless, pro Heinicke and anti-Wentz that it would be impossible for Rivera to escape the idea that bringing back Wentz would elicit a fan revolt. :ols:.  

Between Wentz's play and the hatred the fans had towards him, I felt like I was present for Wentz's QBs career obituary.  To say it was intense would be an understatement.  Being at that game, you'd think Wentz was one of the most hated players we've ever had -- and to that extent it felt a bit odd since Wentz hasn't really been here that long to build up that level of ill-will.  Tailgate Ted who goes to every game tweeted to a radio personality it was the most intense-worst fan experience he experienced, or something like that. 

But yeah I'd say the crowd experience was surreal.  As much as Wentz is kicked at from some Philly fans and kicked out the door in Indy, I'd bet this run feels like nightmare #3 for Wentz.  Not only did Wentz play poorly two years in a row with the playoffs on the line -- but he had to feel the fan hatred in ways he might not have experienced in person.  I know Philly fans hate him now but don't recall if had games with booing like this.  When they lost in Jax while he was with Indy, it was on the road.  But this was fans going at him.  And for him to hear the next day that Rivera is basically out on him -- it must feel really intense.   I'll go as far as saying experiencing that crowd, I'd say his exit here is just as infamous now as Indy and Philly. 

I feel a bit bad for Wentz on a human level, he was there with his wife and young kids.     And it must have been brutal to hear the boos and people chanting the name of the backup.  But at the same time, I felt Wentz didn't just play poorly but plays with so little oomph that it was a really depressing watch.  So I don't feel that bad for him.  It does feel like to me, he's got his young family, committment to religion and football is way down the list of things he cares about -- granted I am guessing on that front but feels that way to me considering how he comes off in interviews and the lack of gusto in his play -- so that's my theory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Thats fine, stay home. Some of us still care, some of us don't get to collect $28 million to suck. As bad as Wentz has been, I've never hated him...until his post game presser. His "Gee golly! Aww shucks, I had a bad day" really pissed me off. He won two games for this team, his injury was a blessing and he comes back just in time to sink everything. "Oops! Did I do that!?".

**** you Wentz, I could never watch this loser play for this team, I would have to give up the team. I don't think I could watch him play football period, I may have to give up the sport to avoid the chance of seeing Carson Wentz ever throw a football ever again. I don't even want to see his stupid, ginger, troll doll face on the sidelines Sunday. Get him the **** out of here!

Would it be fair to call you a "hater"?

😁

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I am pretty sure if Wentz gets injured they cannot release him which makes his 2023 salary fully gauranteed. So as @Jumbo said Wentz needs to be "sedated, put in a shipping crate, and sent to irsay's house." or something similar.  

If he plays even a single down, that should be considered criminal negligence. 

Let's see some Sam Howell!! 

image.png.c019a138a991d8bf5c0ab8e7829dd681.png

Not since Polk High's game in 1966 against Andrew Johnson High has a quarterback looked that good throwing the ball. That's the pose of a man that can score 4 touchdowns to come from behind. START HIM!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

But what if we can get him to restructure his contract? 😀

• Haha 3

Little excitement about Sunday unless Howell is starting.  My expectations for him in the game wouldn't even be high, I just want to turn the page on the QB's we've seen here.  Neither one is the guy, neither of them winning (or losing) Sunday means a whole lot.  Howell has had an offseason and 99% of the season to sit and learn and develop in the offense.  If you can't send him out there in a similar style offense that Heinicke was running to some success.......ugh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Enough with the mid QB options. 

I would like to encourage all of you post voluminous amounts of articles on qbs you regard "mid level" for as long and often as you like.

It's what would be  a normal occurrence here or on any msg board anyway, but in this case it can be considered a salute to zim.

🥸

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Not since Polk High's game in 1966 against Andrew Johnson High has a quarterback looked that good throwing the ball. That's the pose of a man that can score 4 touchdowns to come from behind. START HIM!

Speaking of that guy…

Again.
From 1994.  

Sad.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Oh please.  His whole mindset was he knew they controlled their own destiny.  Win two and we're in. 

Criticize him all you want for not pulling Wentz.  But don't chalk it up to Ron "not playing to win."

If he did play to win we have the worst coach in the NFL.

The result of the game speaks on its own.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

It was basically the exact same thing that happened with heinicke a week before, he was awful in the first then led a nice touchdown drive that made it difficult to make the switch and then proceeded to stink again. 

At least now there is no doubt at all that wentz is not the answer and before there was that tiny miniscule possibility. 

This whole season has been a tortuous process of elimination. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ron said if it was a meaningless game, it would be Howell.

Well, it's pretty ****ing meaningless. 

Hell, worse, we want to lose this game.

Don't start Howell. Take away the only thing that could be a silver lining.

I say use Logan Thomas as QB in this meaningless game.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If Howell isn't ready, I'd love to know what Wentz was on Sunday.

Its going to take a long time for me to try and uncover what the worst QBing for this team I've ever seen has been. Things I've buried deep in my mind will need to be unsurfaced.

49 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Would it be fair to call you a "hater"?

😁

I wish I was there to boo him.

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But what if we can get him to restructure his contract? 😀

I hope I get a yeast infection in my taint so I can wipe that contract with my butthole. From one pair of ass to another. I also hope Carson Wentz is allergic to yeast.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Its going to take a long time for me to try and uncover what the worst QBing for this team I've ever seen has been. Things I've buried deep in my mind will need to be unsurfaced.

I wish I was there to boo him.

I hope I get a yeast infection in my taint so I can wipe that contract with my butthole. From one pair of ass to another. I also hope Carson Wentz is allergic to yeast.

I don’t think it would take that long. 

Wentz overall was among the worst we’ve seen given the entirety of the package.

McNabb was a pretty bad RoI, too. 

I’m not going to count guys like John Beck. Dude wasn’t supposed to be fantastic. 

Wentz had a chance to turn the tide and be laid an egg and then didn’t give a ****.

• Like 2