Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Starting Heinicke will be such a pointless move. Get Howell on the field.

If they're going to IR Wentz and and basically assume he's out for the rest of the season, I agree 100%

Putting Heinicke in there won't do anything. At least with Howell we'd get to see how he progresses. Though I'm still a bit worried about him getting shell shocked behind this OL.

• Thumb up 1

Put Wentz on IR and keep him there!!  We need to find out about both quarterbacks and how they can function without a decent offensive line.

Can their scrambling save themselves and help us win a few more games this season?  Who knows.  The Athletic is reporting almost the same

time frame that Rapport is reporting now.  Heinke did not play with this many good receivers last season if you recall.  If Heinke gets hurt then

let Howell play.  This offensive line is so bad that both quarterbacks will be scrambling around the field like Kansas City quarterback does every Sunday.

17 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

If Turner is smart he will implement some version of the read option similar to Jalen Hurts and the eagles and go on a run, but he's a idiot and will have Heinicke doing 7 step drops again trying to stretch the defense.

I agree, though I'd rather see them do that with Howell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illone said:

6 weeks saves the #2 pick.

4-5 weeks does not...

Unless I can't math properly.

I think it's difficult for anyone to estimate with accuracy, since it's based on snaps, not games.

And snaps can vary from week to week, depending on TOP, length of drives, etc.

For example, Wentz' snaps each game this season, have ranged between 57 and 77 snaps.

Six weeks is probably a close estimate, but remember it's just that - an estimate. It could easily vary by a game or  more.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think it's difficult for anyone to estimate with accuracy, since it's based on snaps, not games.

And snaps can vary from week to week, depending on TOP, length of drives, etc.

For example, Wentz' snaps each game this season, have ranged between 57 and 77 snaps.

Six weeks is probably a close estimate, though it could easily vary by a game or  more.

6 games *should* be enough to cross 30% of snaps.

7 games would undoubtedly ice it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

ahh good point. I didnt realize it was based on actual snaps… yea impossible to determine. 

i guess i just cheer for lots of snaps in these games he is out…

• Like 2

For our emergency 3rd QB, I think a good choice would be Carson.

Carson Strong, that is.

By the time we get to our 4th QB, the season will be shot anyway. Might as well see if he can be a future backup.

Plus, he went through the Eagles entire Training Camp and Preseason, so maybe he can offer even a smidgen of intel

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

If they're going to IR Wentz and and basically assume he's out for the rest of the season, I agree 100%

Putting Heinicke in there won't do anything. At least with Howell we'd get to see how he progresses. Though I'm still a bit worried about him getting shell shocked behind this OL.

Hasn't this topic been beaten to death? It's front and center on two different threads. Perhaps it's time to change the subject. The starter is injured, and the backup quarterback is coming in. Seems pretty self explanatory to me anyway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, method man said:

I'm not worried about playing Howell due to the OL as he played with a bad OL at UNC last year and his running back build should help him out. What I am worried about is that Turner runs an offense that he doesn't adjust much that takes proven high IQ veteran guys a while to learn. I worry that Sam may be discombobulated in this offense and he'll look worse than he actually is due to it. If we had a legit OC, that person would run more a college style offense with Sam in there

This is the NFL not the ACC. He should sit until he learns the ins and outs of playing in THIS league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

Hasn't this topic been beaten to death? It's front and center on two different threads. Perhaps it's time to change the subject. The starter is injured, and the backup quarterback is coming in. Seems pretty self explanatory to me anyway.

I don't think it's necessarily self explanatory.

If you have a talented rookie QB, even if he wasn't a high round pick, and you have a backup who's not very good, and you basically know that you're not doing anything significant this season with either of them, then it stands to reason that you might consider putting the rookie in so you can evaluate him.

36 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

This is the NFL not the ACC. He should sit until he learns the ins and outs of playing in THIS league.

What should happen is Scott should adjust his system to one that Sam is more comfortable with like a good OC such as KOC did for Haskins and Shanny for RG3/Cousins

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

For our emergency 3rd QB, I think a good choice would be Carson.

Carson Strong, that is.

By the time we get to our 4th QB, the season will be shot anyway. Might as well see if he can be a future backup.

Plus, he went through the Eagles entire Training Camp and Preseason, so maybe he can offer even a smidgen of intel

Nah. There is something messed up with him if he couldn't make the Eagles PS

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

May be an image of 1 person, standing, outdoors and text that says 'CROW JALEN HURTS IS THE QUARTERBACK LAMAR WAS WISHES He JACKSON CHANGE MIND MY'

considering you spent the entire off-season pimping for Wentz and telling everyone how good he/the team would be, you got to be the last person on earth anybody should listen to when it comes to quarterbacks.

Also, how you haven’t gotten more **** for revealing yourself to have always been a fake ass fan in the first place is pretty telling about where the fan base is these days.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Anyone else hear Jay this afternoon on 106.7 - touched on what I said when talking Carson's deep ball.

How often do we even hit deep balls? He misses easier throws. But Jay spoke league wide and said something to the effect of "you only hit 3 ever 6 games" or something similar. Feel free to correct me if anyone else heard that. He did say strength when throwing outs - Carson is a 9 Taylor is a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I wonder how much Carson is struggling picking up the offense. A 40 is wonder is great but it doesnt mean he has it perfected yet.

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

considering you spent the entire off-season pimping for Wentz and telling everyone how good he/the team would be, you got to be the last person on earth anybody should listen to when it comes to quarterbacks.

Also, how you haven’t gotten more **** for revealing yourself to have always been a fake ass fan in the first place is pretty telling about where the fan base is these days.  

Probably because I've explained it a dozen times like an adult, instead of throwing little hissy fits like your posts.

I still don't think Wentz is the main problem and yes, I thought the offense would go off. So what?