Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Best realistic option out there… sad, but true. Injury prone and average is about as good as we could have hoped for.

as I’ve said, Rodgers and russ wanted nothing to do with dc, and Watson simply can’t be here because of the allegations (coupled with our ongoing investigation).

the rookie qb class is junk.

And gtfo to anyone who wanted trubisky or Winston. They are so bad.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We have to give up two 3rd rounders AND take on his contract? Christ.

Maybe the second 3rd is conditional and could be lower if he sucks or doesn’t play for whatever reason 

• Thumb up 1

Keim mentioned before if they do Wentz dont be surprised if they still draft a QB.  

I wonder though about the first round if they go for a deep ball threat like Williams.  Granted 11 might be early for him coming off the ACL.  If Wentz finds his mojo back, the dude has a rocket, could throw a really good deep ball when he is right. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, tomwvr said:

Rumor is wentz for two first round picks 

I quit this team can rot in hell

Two THIRD round picks.

I'm OK with this. Wentz would not have been my first choice but the cost of getting him is low and he's under contract for three more years at just over $27M per year including roster bonuses which is not stupid money for a starting QB. And none of that is guaranteed past this season so we can move on at any time. I don't think we draft a QB first round now, but we could/should still draft one 2nd or 4th round if someone is there we like as a developmental guy.

If Wentz continues to be the inconsistent guy he's been we can push all the chips in next year in the draft. If he balls out and suddenly goes back to the MVP candidate he was a few years ago we can think about an extension next season.

• Like 3

Feels like yesterday, folks were in here dreading facing Wentz twice a season.  He had a bad game to end the season and some rumors came out that he’s not well liked and everyone is acting like he’s complete trash.

His contract isn’t even that bad for a QB.

Should be interesting to hear more about why Reich wanted to dump him.  It has to be more than the Jax game though.

• Like 5

Let's wait to see what we traded for him.  I don't know how to feel about this deal yet.  I think he could work out here, but it is a little troubling how Wentz managed to alienate the FO in Indy so thoroughly that his connection to Frank Reich couldn't save him.  He could be a huge pain in the ass.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We have to give up two 3rd rounders AND take on his contract? Christ.

Exactly. Given all the talk of teammates not liking him and two organizations bailing on him, with all the guaranteed money, I would have demanded draft picks to TAKE his contract.

Desperate organization makes desperation trade. 

1 minute ago, LightningBuggs said:

Trade picks for a guy who was going to be released.  You can't fix stupid.

That was my initial reaction too, but if he hit the open market we'd probably have to get into a bidding war for him.  This way we've got his contract that's not guaranteed past this year.  We can cut him if he sucks and have no cap hit.

Still, this doesn't solve a long term issue.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Exactly. Given all the talk of teammates not liking him and two organizations bailing on him, with all the guaranteed money, I would have demanded draft picks to TAKE his contract.

Desperate organization makes desperation trade. 

From what I've read, he has one year of guaranteed money and several years of non-guaranteed money in the low 20's - which is dirt for a QB.

I really don't understand the angst.

• Like 1

1st reaction for me on this trade is that we take a QB in the 2nd round now and may even deal our own 1st to move back and pick up extra picks. This also tells me that Wentz, TH and a rookie are gonna fight it out in camp because RR says he's all about competition. 

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Let's wait to see what we traded for him.  I don't know how to feel about this deal yet.  I think he could work out here, but it is a little troubling how Wentz managed to alienate the FO in Indy so thoroughly that his connection to Frank Reich couldn't save him.  He could be a huge pain in the ass.

Reports say two 3rd round picks.

How would we feel about Wentz, Ridder, TH as the QB room this summer/fall?

• Like 2

:ols:  Wentz is actually super talented. Top 12 in ability to play QB in the NFL. :ols:

Not a great time to be a Commie from Philly. Glad I accidentally deleted my FB, because I would never hear the end of it.

In all honesty though, I really do think it's the best possible move. He'e a lot better than Jimmy G and cheaper and definitely better than Trubs. He also hasn't been accused of rape, which is a plus for a QB this offseason.

• Like 11