Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

He was 28 when he started for the Rams. So not younger than TH. Not sure what Y2K had to do with what you said about no one in this universe has done it before at that late of an age. 

I said nobody this century, not universe. But you got me.  Warner was with the Rams when he was 27, but didn’t get his opportunity until he was 28 in 1999.

Edited by Ball Security

10 hours ago, Theismann to HOF said:

I believe Tampa's GM would take Heinicke over Stafford.  After what Heinicke has done to Tampa twice in the past year.  Stafford couldn't do that.  Neither could Cousins.

:ols:

From 2021 schedules:

Heinicke vs TB: 256 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 52.5 QBR

Stafford vs TB: 343 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 92 QBR

Yeah, Stafford could never put up a whole TD vs Tampa. He had to settle for 4.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Theismann to HOF said:

I believe Tampa's GM would take Heinicke over Stafford.  After what Heinicke has done to Tampa twice in the past year.  Stafford couldn't do that.  Neither could Cousins.

If you're so in love with Stafford's stats, then you must be in love with Cousins as well.  Because his stats are better.  They are both very ordinary QBs that play on pass-happy teams with good offensive talent.  There is nothing special about either one of them.

Is this a schtick or are you of the Heinicke bloodline?

• Haha 3

Yea just ignore, made me read pages of BS thinking there was some real news/ discussion. 
TH needs to be replaced as a starter and kept as a really good backup. 

Back on topic, Jimmy G was such a mixed bag Sunday. I know he’s a little banged up, but I am not excited at the prospect of him on this team. Plus K Shanny can make almost any QB look better than they actually are.

13 hours ago, Theismann to HOF said:

I'm making arguments defending Heinicke, who played very well overall this season. 

You're doing very little to counter my arguments.  Perhaps you're the troll?

I find it interesting that I called someone out for being a troll (without naming them) and yet you were the one to reply.

Your arguments are so far removed from conventional wisdom, and have already been countered by many on here, that I feel justified in just laughing at you. If I were to claim that the moon was made of cheese, would you really bother to engage with me in a serious manner? 

You've received enough criticism for your ridiculous claims already and I have no wish to pile-on further, so I'm done with you.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Jimmy upsets the Packers and the win is more on him; it ups his demand.

If San Fran makes the Super Bowl; Jimmy will be in demand. Some team will  probably give San Fran a first. Then watch Jimmy be injured for most of 22.

It may but his contract is really big 27 million next season. Alot of teams may not have room for him.  I think they will probably get a 2nd from someone for him.

Edited by Redskins 2021

All you need to know about Heinicke’s future is that the front office has been considering our best approach to upgrade for months now, and it’s fair to say Rivera has publicly dumped on Heinicke by being so vocal in stressing his desperation to upgrade.

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Yea just ignore, made me read pages of BS thinking there was some real news/ discussion. 
TH needs to be replaced as a starter and kept as a really good backup. 

Back on topic, Jimmy G was such a mixed bag Sunday. I know he’s a little banged up, but I am not excited at the prospect of him on this team. Plus K Shanny can make almost any QB look better than they actually are.

I'd take Jimmy G. over anything we have.  

Look, let's put this stake in the ground: They HAVE to get a new starting QB. The projected starter for 2021, Fitz, won't be retained, and they absolutely know that TH (nor Kyle Allen) can even be a stop gap.  So a warm human being who is not currently on the team will be the day 1 starter.

With that stated, the question is, can they get one of the elite QBs: Rodgers, Wilson, Watson?  If yes, you do it.  If no, you have to move to one of 2 options:

1. Mitch/Teddy/Marcus (which costs you nothing) + draft future QB in the fist round, probably having to trade up.  TH CANNOT and WILL NOT be the "stop gap" guy.  They WILL bring in somebody better, and all three of Mitch/Teddy/Marcus would be better.  

2. Trade for second-tier starter, options could be Carr, Jimmy or Baker.  ** In that case, I STILL wouldn't have a problem if they signed Mitch/Teddy/Marcus as a backup. Though TH could possibly be your backup.  

So, my question to you all: 

Would you prefer Option 1 or Option 2? Do you want the Red Pill or the Blue Pill?

Mitch + Pickett vs. Garoppolo?  Who you got?

I can tell you that immediate results, option 2 would be better because Jimmy/Carr/Baker are all better than Mitch/Teddy/Marcus, and certainly ahead of any rookie.  

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If San Fran makes the Super Bowl; Jimmy will be in demand. Some team will  probably give San Fran a first. Then watch Jimmy be injured for most of 22.

If they win the SB, they might keep Jimmy and sit Lance another year, or possibly even trade Lance.  But that's a long way (and a REALLY long shot) from happening.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Jimmy makes the Super bowl do the niners even get rid of him?

Apologize, just saw VOR had the same thought.

Edited by Chris 44

Personally I’d go with the rookie option with Taylor Heinicke as the stop gap again, and no I’m not a Heinicke enthusiast.  But he knows the system and I think / hope / pray he’s better with another offseason under his belt. 

I’d like to think he could beat out Bridgewater or any other veteran who doesn’t know the system.  I just hate the thought of depending on the likes of Mariota to actually win football games next year pretending he’s something he’s shown he’s not.  I’d rather let Taylor get the game reps.  Sounds like flawed logic tho, I know…

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

If Jimmy makes the Super bowl do the niners even get rid of him?

Apologize, just saw VOR had the same thought.

I think they have to get rid of him. They invested so much in lance which looks like a mistake.

I think if the price is rite for him we should at least look what it cost. He fits all the boxes to make us competitive. Only thing is injuries.

Would not be first choice but let's see how things play out.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Mitch + Pickett vs. Garoppolo?  Who you got? 

I'd rule out Jameis Winston first. He's the best potential FA target for me. If not, right now I'd go Jimmy G. and take Pickett at #11. I would not stop at Pickett however, there are some very promising day 2 and 3 QB's IMO to select as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think they have to get rid of him. They invested so much in lance which looks like a mistake.

I think if the price is rite for him we should at least look what it cost. He fits all the boxes to make us competitive. Only thing is injuries.

Would not be first choice but let's see how things play out.

He made some really nice throws against Dallas, but that pick was horrendous, especially given the context of when he threw it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Personally I’d go with the rookie option with Taylor Heinicke as the stop gap again, and no I’m not a Heinicke enthusiast.  But he knows the system and I think / hope / pray he’s better with another offseason under his belt. 

I’d like to think he could beat out Bridgewater or any other veteran who doesn’t know the system.  I just hate the thought of depending on the likes of Mariota to actually win football games next year pretending he’s something he’s shown he’s not.  I’d rather let Taylor get the game reps.  Sounds like flawed logic tho, I know…

I rank TH over Mariota and Trubisky but I think Teddy B may be a slight upgrade. But like you said, he doesn’t know the system so maybe he wouldn’t be. We definitely have to go qb in the draft though and will most likely have to move up to get the one we want. So if TH is our bridge qb until rookie is ready then I’d be okay with that. 

Just something to think about...

TH as a bridge QB puts a little more stress on getting the rookie out on the field, maybe faster than is ideal.  TH could easily go out there and stink up the joint early and often, having folks clamoring for the rookie, who may not be ready.  You put a seasoned vet with an NFL arm out there, like Mariota/Trubisky/Winston/etc. - better chance to buy the rookie time if need be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just something to think about...

TH as a bridge QB puts a little more stress on getting the rookie out on the field, maybe faster than is ideal.  TH could easily go out there and stink up the joint early and often, having folks clamoring for the rookie, who may not be ready.  You put a seasoned vet with an NFL arm out there, like Mariota/Trubisky/Winston/etc. - better chance to buy the rookie time if need be.

Winston! I think Winston would be a good bridge qb to bring in. I love the idea of bringing in a bridge qb. I just don’t understand why Mariota and Trubisky are even being considered. I’ve seen them play many times and they are just not very good. Teddy B and Winston I would be open to but hard pass on Trubiskiota. 

39 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd take Jimmy G. over anything we have.  

I think Jimmy G is better than what we have, but that's like saying a stale turkey sandwich is better than a roast beef sandwich with mold on it. It's certainly more edible, but still far from good.

I think Jimmy G is a recipe for perhaps adding a couple more wins. So basically we go from a crappy team to a slightly less crappy team and that's probably about the extent of it. He's not a guy who will ever elevate a team. He's only as good as the supporting cast around him.

He's the ultimate ho-hum game manager and unless we suddenly field a superior supporting cast and an elite defense next year, there's probably no chance whatsoever that we'll go far.

• Thumb up 2