Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At times, absolutely.  He holds the ball too long, squirts out of sacks and turns a negative play into a positive play.  That’s peak Heineke.

Other times, he holds the ball too long and cannot escape.  

He absolutely has the ability to make some exciting runs off schedule, but let’s not pretend he doesn’t generally hold the ball too long and that his exciting plays outweigh the bad ones.

And often times he had pressure from missed blocks and immediate pressure by defensive scheme.Frequently he was able to avoid the sack during those circumstances. There were times he did hold the ball too long but he was a first year starter. I would hope he would Improve a bit in that area.The  statement I replied to was the one putting  the blame for 38 sacks on Taylor. 

Edited by Tarpon75

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Dude, you're basically just making **** up at this point. Like...all over the place. You guarantee that other QBs wouldn't have had a chance to win the games Heinicke did. You promise that there are teams out there who would take Heinicke over Stafford.

If that's the case, why haven't we been offered a 1st round pick for TH? If he's better than Stafford, teams should be jumping over each other to try and get to the head of the betting line for Heinicke. Where are they? 

Oh and Stafford ended the season with a 63.7 QBR, which puts him in the top 5 and a full 23 points above Heinicke. But I'm sure TH's low QBR is because of the OL. Or the defense. Or the coaches. Or the receivers. Basically it's everyone's fault but Heinicke.

Yes, I promise you there are GMs who wouldn't touch Stafford with a 10 foot pole after this season.  He has played that poorly at times.  He keeps the other team in the game with his bad mistakes.  That's a deal breaker.

Why would people be "jumping over each other" to get a QB better than Stafford?  There are plenty of QBs better than him.

Your statistics just don't matter.  GMs and coaches aren't going to look at that.  Instead, they will look at Stafford's horrible mistakes that always give the other team a chance to win.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And comparing a QB to Garret Gilbert as a way to claim he's a "top 15" guy....

stickman-logic.gif

Yeah, who did that?  You?

Just now, Tarpon75 said:

And often times he had pressure from missed blocks and immediate pressure by defensive scheme.Frequently he was able to avoid the sack during those circumstances. There were times he did hold the ball too long but the statement  I replied to was the one putting  38 sacks on Taylor. 

It’s in the Heineke thread that’s been locked but stats show Heineke at the top of the league in being at fault for his own sacks.  

It may feel like Heineke “frequently” evades sacks, but the data suggests otherwise.

He definitely had some awesome plays where he appeared dead in the water only to squirt out and make a play.  Just not with enough regularity, and particularly not once Dallas put out the blueprint on stopping this offense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

And lost to Jamies Winston so what? Id rather have Taysom Hill he shut OUT tom brady. 

Yeah, the WFT defense falling asleep on a 70 yard TD and a Hail Mary pass before halftime had absolutely NOTHING to do with that.

The Saints put a beat down on the Packers in the first game of the season.  I guess Winston must be better than Rodgers as well.

I'm just following your asinine logic.

Edited by Theismann to HOF

3 minutes ago, Theismann to HOF said:

Yes, I promise you there are GMs who wouldn't touch Stafford with a 10 foot pole after this season.  He has played that poorly at times.  He keeps the other team in the game with his bad mistakes.  That's a deal breaker.

Why would people be "jumping over each other" to get a QB better than Stafford?  There are plenty of QBs better than him.

Your statistics just don't matter.  GMs and coaches aren't going to look at that.  Instead, they will look at Stafford's horrible mistakes that always give the other team a chance to win.

Like tonight?

Matt Stafford takes over a WC team, wins the division.  10 wins to 12 wins.

Taylor Heinicke takes over a playoff team.  Misses the playoffs.  7 wins to 7 wins.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s in the Heineke thread that’s been locked but stats show Heineke at the top of the league in being at fault for his own sacks.  

It may feel like Heineke “frequently” evades sacks, but the data suggests otherwise.

He definitely had some awesome plays where he appeared dead in the water only to squirt out and make a play.  Just not with enough regularity, and particularly not once Dallas put out the blueprint on stopping this offense.

TH made typical 1st year QB mistakes but you have to account for the fact that he was playing with new players/backups a lot as the season went on. Chemistry with his receivers had to be an issue.....he also lost his 3rd down back who he was turning into a pro bowler before the injury ended his season. It's easy to pick on Heinicke but he did pretty well given all of the turmoil and change he had to deal with. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Those are the types of things that can be corrected with more playing time.  Again, no QB plays his best football during their first season as a starter.

3 hours ago, Theismann to HOF said:

Yeah, Jimmy G's team made the playoffs....but not because of him.  

The 49ers would be a better team with Heinicke as their QB.  The WFT would have finished 3 - 14 or 4 - 13 with Jimmy G as their QB.

No, they would have won ~7 games and missed the playoffs.

TH is incapable of being an NFL starter.  

JG is a starting QB in the MFL.  TH couldn’t win a starting job in the XFL, or against Fitz in the off season.

Hes just doesn’t have the physical tools to do it.

14 minutes ago, Theismann to HOF said:

Can you name some GMs who you think would take Taylor Heinicke over Matthew Stafford and why they would do so? Obviously we can strike WFT off since they actively went after Stafford.

I mean...it makes total sense, now that I think about it. Why in the world would you want a guy who throws for 41 TDs to 17 INTs when you could have the clear upgrade of a guy who threw for 20 TDs and 15 INTs. Definitely a no-brainer.

I'm still shocked that teams haven't been consistently beating down our doors with trade offers for such an elite QB.

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

TH made typical 1st year QB mistakes but you have to account for the fact that he was playing with new players/backups a lot as the season went on. Chemistry with his receivers had to be an issue.....he also lost his 3rd down back who he was turning into a pro bowler before the injury ended his season. It's easy to pick on Heinicke but he did pretty well given all of the turmoil and change he had to deal with. 

excuse-file-excuses.gif

(I actually legit believe that some of you have a filing cabinet full of them)

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Stafford throws 2 more picks, and 21 more touchdowns than Taylor Heineke.

Stafford took 8 less sacks than Heineke.

Heineke is the better player.

Eyes What GIF

But Heinicke did things that Garrett Gilbert could never do.

angry-bleh.gif

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dallas physically manhandled Washington as a whole when the Redskins roster was pretty well depleted. They are a physically superior team to begin with,unfortunately. They shut Washington down in every aspect offensively and defensively. Not sure it would’ve mattered who Washington had under center in those games.

I will say there were too many times when Taylor could have taken off running and either picked up a first down or gotten positive yardage when he failed to do so.

Edited by Tarpon75

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If you legitimately believe Heinicke is a better QB than Matthew Stafford then....I don't know there is just no debating with you. You can't argue with someone who lives in an alternate reality.

Could be worse. Remember the poster a couple months back who said he'd take Heinicke over Mahomes?  :ols:

5 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Dallas physically manhandled Washington as a whole when the Redskins roster was pretty well depleted. They are a physically superior team to begin with,unfortunately. They shut Washington down in every aspect offensively and defensively. Not sure it would’ve mattered who Washington had under center in those games.

Explain his performances the last two weeks, vs. Philly and NYG.

Vs. Philly, no TDs, a pick and took 3 sacks.

The Giants were begging to be beaten and we had to rely on the running game to win what was one of, if not the absolute worst games of the year.

Taylor still found a way to take 3 sacks, complete 9 passes and throw for no touchdowns.

At what point, is that just who he is?  Considering the low scoring offense, lasted the entirety of the season, even though they were fortunate enough to scrape out victories in some of them.

I’m a TH fan. I think he played okay for having most of his weapons hurt. I believe he fell off the last several games bc they were injured. I’ve argued he’s at least as good as Mariota and Trubisky. I would be okay with him being our 4 game bridge qb and backup when our rookie is ready. With that being said, I absolutely don’t think he is a top 15 qb. He is not better than Stafford. That’s crazy talk. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Theismann to HOF said:

Except you can't guarantee an upgrade.  You probably wanted to bring Matthew Stafford here last year.  His sorry butt has thrown four Pick 6 INTs this season.  Aaron Rodgers has thrown three Pick 6 INTs during his ENTIRE CAREER.

I would take Heinicke over Stafford 8 days per week.

you have to be trolling. Do you watch football other than WFT? Stafford doubled Heinicke’s TD’s. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Like tonight?

Matt Stafford takes over a WC team, wins the division.  10 wins to 12 wins.

Taylor Heinicke takes over a playoff team.  Misses the playoffs.  7 wins to 7 wins.

Okay come on. We were not a playoff team last year. We won 7 games and happen to be better than the rest of the teams in our division. He took over a team that won 7 games and not 12+ or a team that went deep into the playoffs. 

• Like 1