Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

"Damn good"? Are we talking about the same Mitchell Trubisky? He makes Heinicke's high throws look like Drew Brees in his prime.

I said at UNC. His pro stuff left much to be desired. As we have all seen, the coach there sucks.

1 minute ago, Skintime said:

I said at UNC. His pro stuff left much to be desired. As we have all seen, the coach there sucks.

I haven't seen it proven that Nagy sucks. I see it proven that Nagy + Trubisky sucked. Trubisky is now a backup and unwanted by his new team, Nagy is now with a new rookie and looks average to me. Beats worse teams, loses to better.

I see absolutely nothing to gain from Trubisky. More to the point, in your last post, you said "I'm sure we can trade him back out for a low pick if he doesn't pan out." He's on the last year of his contract and today is the trade deadline. If he doesn't pan out, he's walking and taking our draft pick with him.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Trubinsky is a lot like Heinicke only with a pro arm.

I've never seen highlights of Trubisky scrambling for a TD like Heinicke has. Granted, I've never seen highlights of him kneeling in front of the goal line either, but in the smattering of games I've seen Trubisky in, I've never seen him scramble like Heinicke, and scrambling is the only significant part of Heinicke's contributions.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay saying on the radio his sources to the team says the Trubisky rumor is false. 

Wright isn't a personnel guy.  If Dan wants to mess with the business side, its not great, but not as bad as personnel.  Vinny and Bruce were in personnel. 

I'm concerned if we're not in on all of these situations.

But now both Tua and Trubisky are being claimed as false rumors. Why aren't we interested in these guys? Decent Plan B scenarios that upgrade our QB scenario and we continue to work towards a starter?

I don't get it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But now both Tua and Trubisky are being claimed as false rumors. Why aren't we interested in these guys? Decent Plan B scenarios that upgrade our QB scenario and we continue to work towards a starter?

I don't get it.

Did you see Finlay spouting off after the Denver game about trading for Deshaun Watson and criticizing the team for not going after him?  I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what he says at this point. I don't think anyone within the organization is going to be giving him very much inside info after that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Did you see Finlay spouting off after the Denver game about trading for Deshaun Watson and criticizing the team for not going after him?  I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what he says at this point. I don't think anyone within the organization is going to be giving him very much inside info after that. 

Nope. I pay very little attention to the beat writers. Keim is who I check the most but even though it's rarely.

I tend to think even the ones that are plugged in aren't all that plugged in, so I always take it with a grain of salt.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I seriously doubt Tua is even available outside of a Watson trade, which I personally see as seriously unlikely until his legal situation resolves.

Trubisky has value in Buff so they are probably not willing to jettison the guy w/o excessive compensation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I seriously doubt Tua is even available outside of a Watson trade, which I personally see as seriously unlikely until his legal situation resolves.

Trubisky has value in Buff so they are probably not willing to jettison the guy w/o excessive compensation.

That's not what I said or meant. And I think you know that.

If the situations arise we should be involved. The rumors posted here, though, say we're not even interested. Which is borderline negligence.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If the situations arise we should be involved. The rumors posted here, though, say we're not even interested. Which is borderline negligence.

If the goal is to lose games in order to get a top 5 draft pick, why trade for a QB that might actually win a few meaningless games in the 2nd half of the season? They’re not interested NOW, but they likely will be, in the offseason 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If the goal is to lose games in order to get a top 5 draft pick, why trade for a QB that might actually win a few meaningless games in the 2nd half of the season? They’re not interested NOW, but they likely will be, in the offseason 

This is fair. I brought that specific point up on Trubisky earlier in the thread.

But "no interest" is something different than, "no interest at the moment" - which coincidentally is why I don't pay attention to beat writers.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

He probably doesn't get much insider info anyways. Remember, we aren't that far off from Bruce only doing interviews at small radio stations in rural areas, once a year or 2. Directive from Mr Dickhead no doubt, who hates the media. Who is still in charge.  And also, the big news stories would break only by national guys an hour before kickoffs.

Any talk of going after Watson is more a testament to how desperate we are or are perceived to be, even by our best beat guys.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

At this stage we are losing enough games even with a move for a Trubisky or Tua. 

But if would be a head start on next offseason. We should be looking hard at these QBs now.

I think its good to try to get a QB in here. I will say it again. Any GM with half a brain will know to triple the ask price when RR comes calling on draft day next spring. 

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ah, thought you were talking about those two specifically, not the overarching situation

Yes, we can't really afford the luxury of not at least having a finger in every theoretical QB pie. Better yet we should be redefining the term of putting your foot in it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I haven't seen it proven that Nagy sucks. I see it proven that Nagy + Trubisky sucked. Trubisky is now a backup and unwanted by his new team, Nagy is now with a new rookie and looks average to me. Beats worse teams, loses to better.

I see absolutely nothing to gain from Trubisky. More to the point, in your last post, you said "I'm sure we can trade him back out for a low pick if he doesn't pan out." He's on the last year of his contract and today is the trade deadline. If he doesn't pan out, he's walking and taking our draft pick with him.

Ummmm ok

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless a trade is announced in 7 minutes, looks like that rumor was false.

Every year there's a million rumors around the TDL and every year there's like two or three minor trades swapping for late round picks. I don't know why every year people assume it's going to be the same as in the other leagues. It NEVER happens.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Well, AS USUAL, this team does nothing. Someone wake me when the team is sold and we have competent people in charge. Until then, I'm OUT! 30 years of this crap is enough!! 

Hey, you do you.....but the idea that NOT trading for Mitchell Trubisky being the final straw for a fan of this franchise is pretty funny.

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1