Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

Maybe a late trade at the end of the first round with maybe Cards or 9ers for Morgan.  Only decent OT left with real potential but still raw is Guyton.  

1 minute ago, Wyvern said:

Yes.  I just didn't agree with the decision.  You cam disagree with me,and we'll all find out later what was the reality was.

It's one thing to disagree with the decision (plenty have), but you are ascribing intent and incompetence to Peters that is wholly unsupported by any evidence (refuted in the case of Kingsbury connection).  The notion that an up and coming GM with a long term view towards his own future in the league is going to torpedo his first stint as a GM by using the 2nd overall pick for a marketing juice instead picking who he thinks is the best pick is so beyond the realm of logic, it is in tinfoil hat territory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skintime said:

Ummm... How long have you been paying attention? 1 year of good QB play and skinny as hell. We have seen this before. We have sucked since 93

How is this that a continuation of losses? I can't play the future telling game like you I guess,

3 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Ummm... How long have you been paying attention? 1 year of good QB play and skinny as hell. We have seen this before. We have sucked since 93

And Peters was the GM for none of those years.  People can disagree with the pick but trotting out the team's history under Snyder as the reason is just terrifyingly bad logic

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Even if "twiggy" Daniels survives more than 3 years in the NFL arena, he's a mercenary and will leave Washington in the lurch, for another team offering more money.  

Pretty sure that it is a 4 year contract with a team option for a 5th.  So no real way he gets out after 3 years unless he gets cut.  Also pretty sure any young QB that makes it to FA after that contract is going to take the most money.  Doing otherwise would be stupid.  Seems like an unreasonable hit against Daniels.

Edited by PeterMP

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

And Peters was the GM for none of those years.  People can disagree with the pick but trotting out the team's history under Snyder as the reason is just terrifyingly bad logic

Our history goes back farther than the bad word. I love your hope for him, I just don't see it. He is not Burrow

Edited by Skintime
  • Thumb down 1

Let's see what unfolds -- Daniels is a KK-style QB, and maybe this time Washington won't wind up as Arizona Part II, or RG3-part 2.

(FYI, I strongly feel KK should take his offense plans back to the NCAA, because they don't seem to work well in the NFL.) 

I'm even more concerned how Peters decided to go with a KK style QB; I've now lost confidence in Peters'bility to pick a decent QB, other than Purdy, who I feel he lucked into. Fortunately, at #2 it's hard to completely blow the pick.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Wyvern said:

Let's see what unfolds -- Daniels is a KK-style QB, and maybe this time Washington won't wind up as Arizona Part II, or RG3-part 2.

(FYI, I strongly feel KK should take his offense plans back to the NCAA, because they don't seem to work well in the NFL.) 

I'm even more concerned how Peters decided to go with a KK style QB; I've now lost confidence in Peters'bility to pick a decent QB, other than Purdy, who I feel he lucked into. Fortunately, at #2 it's hard to completely blow the pick.

KK was pivoting closer to a Shanny offense near the end in AZ

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

And Peters is not responsible for any of that history

But he seems to have carried the curse. I truly hoped he would have picked a better QB. But this QB is another winning the offseason. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

And Peters is not responsible for any of that history

Dont even try to rationalize, I get the feeling the combination of Dan Snyder PTSD and Jack Daniels is too insurmountable of a barrier for optimism or logic. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I was warned by people from cities whose franchises were bought by the Harris group, about how we may not like their changes to the franchise.

What a bad short-term marketing driven choice by Peters!  My opinion only, but I'm too tired to invest in yet another Washington FO decision that could be questionable for the long term.  

Oh, please. What has Harris done so far to make you have second thoughts about him as owner? 

1 hour ago, Ghost of said:

So what secret metrics did they have access to that caused them to overlook the multiple ones that don't predict success.  

Still no consideration that maybe the statistics you are looking at are taken out of context and mean little? I have been telling y’all that. If you watch the games, that sack % for example is easily explained.

Or they just don’t care. Or they don’t have the numbers and only people on the internet have them lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skintime said:

I'm glad our fans aren't the ones who made the pick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Get with the times, man. This is a completely different regime, in a completely different NFL from what it was in 1993. There is no way in Hell that Harris' ownership blunders things more than Snyder did. 

8 minutes ago, Skintime said:

But he seems to have carried the curse. I truly hoped he would have picked a better QB. But this QB is another winning the offseason. 

So you're just bent because he didn't pick the guy you wanted, so that means he's got the curse? Ok...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Get with the times, man. This is a completely different regime, in a completely different NFL from what it was in 1993. There is no way in Hell that Harris' ownership blunders things more than Snyder did. 

Our fool's gold goes farther back than he who shall not be named. 

20 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's one thing to disagree with the decision (plenty have), but you are ascribing intent and incompetence to Peters that is wholly unsupported by any evidence (refuted in the case of Kingsbury connection).  The notion that an up and coming GM with a long term view towards his own future in the league is going to torpedo his first stint as a GM by using the 2nd overall pick for a marketing juice instead picking who he thinks is the best pick is so beyond the realm of logic, it is in tinfoil hat territory.

And there is NO historical basis for them making good choices for this franchise... Hello?

Edited by Skintime

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Still no consideration that maybe the statistics you are looking at are taken out of context and mean little? I have been telling y’all that. If you watch the games, that sack % for example is easily explained.

Or they just don’t care. Or they don’t have the numbers and only people on the internet have them lol

An entire career of p2S ratio is not out of context. 

13 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Oh, please. What has Harris done so far to make you have second thoughts about him as owner? 

'Tobias Harris over me?!"

22 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Our history goes back farther than the bad word. I love your hope for him, I just don't see it. He is not Burrow

How do you know? He might be better than Burrow. What's Burrow done in the league? I know he's been hurt multiple times....and has had some success but you have no idea if he'll be better or worse than Burrow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

An entire career of p2S ratio is not out of context. 

Yes, just the raw number IS out of context. I don’t know why you won’t admit it. It’s common sense that the game is not played by the numbers. If it was, you could predict past present and future success flawlessly. The numbers are not wrong. Either they lack context, or they are wrong. They are not wrong. 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

How do you know? He might be better than Burrow. What's Burrow done in the league? I know he's been hurt multiple times....and has had some success but you have no idea if he'll be better or worse than Burrow. 

I love your HOPE. And as a skins fan since the mid 60's, I'd love to be wrong. Just don't see a history of a good pick here.

Edited by Skintime

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

Nothing specific because these comments were relayed to me early on during the transition and no one was sure how the Harris Group's earlier approaches might apply to an NFL franchise.

BTW, "BraveWarrior" -- I get the sense from your wording that you didn't want me to post anything slightly negative about the current Washington admin. Sorry, I've burned out from all the "I trust Shanny", "I trust Scott", "I trust Jon", "I trust Ron"' etc. posts.  Still, feel free to have the last word about my concerns how the Harris group might want to supposedly " re-calibrate" the Washington roster.  Sorry but I'm not dazzled by anyone using "techno-speak" to cloud the result of what they're actually doin

A final comment:  Until Washington finally overhauls their minimally-effective network of scouts that the Washington FO relies on, we're going to to get the same old " s--t".  As you might remember, McCloughan tried to revamp the old Washington scouting network, but lost to Bruce Allen in a power struggle and later was booted out.

• Like 3

I 100% knew some of y’all would turn on this man the FIRST time he did something you didn’t want. Prayed for days when we had a GM and now that we do, and he doesn’t think what you think, he isn’t the right guy for the job. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1