Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

On 5/4/2024 at 2:19 PM, petey hodge said:

Will Tress Way really give up his #5 jersey?

He's been our franchise player for so many years...

I sure AF hope not. Tress has earned every bit of field cred this team ever gave him. Our only consistently elite player on a team filled with clowns and is also one of our most tenured players. Who the heck is JD to even consider asking Mr. Way to have his number? Tress is the one who make jersey #5 significant. And now a friggin rookie who has never even played a down for us feels entitles to take his number?? FuggggThat. Reminds me of how  Haskins got to wear Joey T's semi-retired number  bc he was Snyders pet pick. (Yes, I know Haskins "asked" but I'm sure Joe felt pressured to give it up.) 

Let JD give credibility to a new number, make it his new lucky one. In other words, let him "EARN" it. JMO, YMMV

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I actually think @Llevron should wear the fact that he apparently even managed to confuse @Jumbo as something akin to a badge of honor. It is a relatively impressive achievement.

I do! I would explain it but I feel like this is the better outcome hahaha

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

*cracks knuckles*

Clearly it means that JD was spotted not wearing his draft hat which was previously glued to his scalp and we are now totally unsure if he was not wearing it b/c he was simply enjoying a nice night out at a venue where you would not wear such a thing or if it was him signaling a deep rooted and irremovable resentment towards our team and this had to 100% be a signal that he is no longer willing to put up with us and wants out.

code.jpg.06238b45e8ccd47392bb525e30b1c307.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

*cracks knuckles*

Clearly it means that JD was spotted not wearing his draft hat which was previously glued to his scalp and we are now totally unsure if he was not wearing it b/c he was simply enjoying a nice night out at a venue where you would not wear such a thing or if it was him signaling a deep rooted and irremovable resentment towards our team and this had to 100% be a signal that he is no longer willing to put up with us and wants out.

code.jpg.06238b45e8ccd47392bb525e30b1c307.jpg

why would you take this from me? Confusing Jumbo was all I had 

Edited by Llevron
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

why would you take this from me? Confusing Jumbo was all I had 

Naw its a gift

Given time one could stumble upon the conclusion.

By ending it, you can live with bravado that J would have never figured it out. 

Its like forever retiring as a champion after winning one match.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

I think @Llevronwas just referencing how every action Daniels was taking before the draft was being interpreted as him wanting to go elsewhere because he hated us lol, so the fact that he finally has a public appearance without the Commanders hat he’s been constantly seen in since draft night, that must mean he’s back to hating us!! And none of us are talking about it!!1! 

lol if my interpretation is right, it just didn’t land bc it requires realizing he’s referencing those two stupid ongoing twitter jokes, for his to make sense 

edit: I see my phone didn’t update the thread and we are now 3 hours past this event and it’s already been talked to death lol

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I sure AF hope not. Tress has earned every bit of field cred this team ever gave him. Our only consistently elite player on a team filled with clowns and is also one of our most tenured players. Who the heck is JD to even consider asking Mr. Way to have his number? Tress is the one who make jersey #5 significant. And now a friggin rookie who has never even played a down for us feels entitles to take his number?? FuggggThat. Reminds me of how  Haskins got to wear Joey T's semi-retired number  bc he was Snyders pet pick. (Yes, I know Haskins "asked" but I'm sure Joe felt pressured to give it up.) 

Let JD give credibility to a new number, make it his new lucky one. In other words, let him "EARN" it. JMO, YMMV

To get Tress' number JD5 would have to buy all the Tress jerseys first right? Isn't that how the NFL does it?

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

To get Tress' number JD5 would have to buy all the Tress jerseys first right? Isn't that how the NFL does it?

Yes.  But there aren’t a ton of punter jerseys out there to buy. 

Even if our punter is the team’s MVP not a lot of tress way jerseys to buy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Tress Way’s been great during our down years. How much does that mean to me? Not that much, hate to say. A Punter can’t make a jersey number “significant” to me. It’s just not possible. Maybe performing at an elite level during a Super Bowl run would do it, I doubt we find out. 

Even #5 I still associate more with the horrors of McNabb than I do with Way’s very good punting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Even #5 I still associate more with the horrors of McNabb than I do with Way’s very good punting. 

It’s interesting, I really don’t have any memories of McNabb and don’t associate anything to him at all.  

He played what, 10 games? 12? And then was benched?  Or something like that? 

I also have literally no memory of the number Wentz wore.  I knew McNabb wore 5 because he tortured us with the Eagles for a decade.  

maybe it’s because I just repress bad memories, and maybe I need therapy for that.  But I don’t have any association of McNabb and #5.  

I don’t actually care what number he wears.  I kindof would like him to wear a double digit number in the hopes having 2 numbers on his jersey makes him look bigger…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

*cracks knuckles*

Why did you have to ruin this for everyone? We were enjoying the whole thing as it was.

91fc31a2-63ff-4142-abfe-bc99be7e679c_text.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

91fc31a2-63ff-4142-abfe-bc99be7e679c_text.gif

You’re supposed to say, “what happened to you?” Oprah taught me that. Saying things like, “What’s wrong with you?” can further distress the freak and cause them to bother us more.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s interesting, I really don’t have any memories of McNabb and don’t associate anything to him at all.  

He played what, 10 games? 12? And then was benched?  Or something like that? 

I also have literally no memory of the number Wentz wore.  I knew McNabb wore 5 because he tortured us with the Eagles for a decade.  

maybe it’s because I just repress bad memories, and maybe I need therapy for that.  But I don’t have any association of McNabb and #5.  

I don’t actually care what number he wears.  I kindof would like him to wear a double digit number in the hopes having 2 numbers on his jersey makes him look bigger…

Yeah I hope he doesn't go with #5 and leaves Tress alone. 

I don't really think of McNabb being with the team either. Dang I hated it when I heard that trade announced. 

I have #5 nightmares from Heath Shuler. We all thought the new offensive minded coach drafting a top QB was a new beginning of power in the NFCE.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Conn said:

Tress Way’s been great during our down years. How much does that mean to me? Not that much, hate to say. A Punter can’t make a jersey number “significant” to me. It’s just not possible. Maybe performing at an elite level during a Super Bowl run would do it, I doubt we find out. 

I’m a big time fan of Tress - one of the rare highlights of the team on the field and on top of that, he’s a genuinely kind, funny dude, and entertaining interviewer that owns a board game company.  

And yet, before the talk started about Daniels’ jersey number, I don’t think I could have told you Way wears #5…

Even worse, my wife bought me his jersey for Xmas, lol.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, bowhunter said:

It is a truly a sad state of affairs when the most consistent and valued member of the team over all these years has been the punter

With that said, I'm giving his jersey number to JD if he wants it. Sorry but he's a punter

2 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

It is a truly a sad state of affairs when the most consistent and valued member of the team over all these years has been the punter

With that said, I'm giving his jersey number to JD if he wants it. Sorry but he's a punter

If JD5 wants the number, he should pony up for it. 20 grand should do it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Conn said:

I'm old enough to recall Heath Shuler wearing #5 - and that didn't work out well.

• Like 1

Allowing punters and kickers to wear single-digit numbers is one of the more lucrative opportunities for those players. If I were running a team, I'd reserve single-digit numbers for prime time positions and assign punters and kickers numbers in the 30s or 40s instead (not sure what the number rules are for those dudes though lol). 

If I were Daniel's mom, I'd be all over social media calling out the Way family.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Can a punter be doubt 0?  Because that would be cool. :P 

It is cool, and taken.

https://www.commanders.com/news/marcus-mariota-chose-no-0-as-reminder-to-prove-doubters-wrong

"It turns out that Mariota will be the first quarterback in the NFL to ever wear the jersey number."

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

It is cool, and taken.

https://www.commanders.com/news/marcus-mariota-chose-no-0-as-reminder-to-prove-doubters-wrong

"It turns out that Mariota will be the first quarterback in the NFL to ever wear the jersey number."

Is 0 different than 00 though?  

I could make an argument....

Is 1 is different than 11.

I get the math part of it is the same, but football jerseys?  

:P 

38 minutes ago, wit33 said:

If I were Daniel's mom, I'd be all over social media calling out the Way family.

That doesn't seem like it'd be a great first impression especially considering her past.