Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Colt McCoy on 106.7, just now said he'd be shocked if Washington doesn't take Daniels at 2.   He has all the tools and intangibles.

Normally I'd say yawn.  But he is close with Kliff.  He's high on Drake Maye, too

Whelp, doesn’t look like we'll be shocking the NFL world after all (would still be hilarious).

I've about given in, let's just get to the rest of the draft at this point. Gonna take a closer look at JD, he's an exciting player. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, sinews said:

Whelp, doesn’t look like we'll be shocking the NFL world after all (would still be hilarious).

I've about given in, let's just get to the rest of the draft at this point. Gonna take a closer look at JD, he's an exciting player. 

Lots of noise today for Jayden.  Unlike some others here while I am a Maye guy i am good with Daniels, too.

But I would still say we don't know until we know but the needle is certainly pointing to Daniels.

As to Colt's point, listening to him some more, he's still talking, it didn't seem to be about the rumorville, it was that he would be the QB he would take at #2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yep, I hope I get surprised, but now I'll mostly ignore Daniels beyond dynasty purposes and just hope and pray I'm wrong. If nothing else, at least he has a pretty nice cv, especially at LSU, and if not for covid, it probably looks better too. Gonna hope they have some secret sauce reason that is justifiable. #2 and #1 ranked dual threat QB coming out of high school, #2 or #3 ranked QB overall as well, 35th ranked prospect period, but a 4 star (which seems low?). Interesting to scroll through the top 34 and see guys who clearly didn't pan out, a whole lot of them. 

Edited by The Consigliere

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Hopefully we can hook Jayden up with Ovechkin's PED plug in Dubai this summer

You are joking but have you ever heard of Laron Landry? Dude could help anyone bulk! 

Actually I wonder how one of his arms compares to JD. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Jesus you're exhausting.

It’s a more admirable trait to just be able to say with grace that you were wrong or miscommunicated your point, FYI 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Absolutely no chance hes 210. At MOST hes 190 and I bet he might be closer to 180. 

You think he put on 20-25 lbs for his pro day? lol

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

The agent using an emoji and an erroneous report means Jayden is a drama queen?  ok thanks.

The agent's emoji is, per the emoji dictionary, mocking and scornful towards the Tweeter.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Can't figure out if that's an obscure reference to the famed Seinfeld episode at the Chinese Restaurant, "Cartwright! Cartwright! Table of 4! or to the 7th rounder that stuck, Rock Cartwright, or something else entirely. 

Ah, I wonder what Blondie is up to nowadays. Haven't thought of her in a long time.

• Like 2

I'm still not sure about the rhetoric of Jayden not being able to put on additional weight.. Even at 24.. At 24, I weighed 160. I'm a solid 220 right now. Well, not exactly solid... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, rhyno said:

I'm still not sure about the rhetoric of Jayden not being able to put on additional weight.. Even at 24.. At 24, I weighed 160. I'm a solid 220 right now. Well, not exactly solid... 

How's your 40 time compared to at 160 tho?

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You are joking but have you ever heard of Laron Landry? Dude could help anyone bulk! 

Actually I wonder how one of his arms compares to JD. 

Larons tricep/bicep is bigger than Daniels entire upper body.

amwjoo-ceaakuc32.0.jpg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s a more admirable trait to just be able to say with grace that you were wrong or miscommunicated your point, FYI 

I gracefully apologize for you misinterpreting my point. 

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

giphy.gif

When I go for a sarcastic timing based joke, you are the one, often the only one who misses the humor sometimes when I do that.  So lol, I guess that's on me-- if I don't put a laugh emoji on it, someone will take it seriously.

You can't be following my posting that closely on this thread if I am responding to people being out on Peters for the QB pick and having fun with the idea that some think they know for almost certain about this QB versus that QB. 

And then me hitting that am out if they don't take my favorite player in round 2.

SIP, Your one of the ES Senior Posters!  :) We love ya, man!  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, illone said:

He isnt 210. He walks around at 185, 190 max. 

I think he can play at 205. It is what it is, we’ve discussed it a ton. He made it to 210 at the pro day and I think he can keep a lot of that on. He’s never going to be built like Hurts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think he can play at 205. It is what it is, we’ve discussed it a ton. He made it to 210 at the pro day and I think he can keep a lot of that on. He’s never going to be built like Hurts.

He better keep that weight on.

One of the criticisms of him has been how easily defenders can yoink him down once they get hands on him.

That is a direct result of weight and muscle.

Nfl players are stronger and faster than college players.  They will get hands on him more and if he can't shake off light contact he will be in a lot of trouble.

It’s hilarious how so many former players, analysts, and media folks that are paid to cover and do research are so high on Daniels yet you come to this thread and it’s a bunch of no the paid folks and former players are wrong, it’s a conspiracy theory against the Commies (they want Maye in a better market), etc. Can’t wait for Thursday :lol:Daniels (if drafted by us) will restore pride and joy for DC football. 

so will Maye

• Like 4