Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Oh for ****s sake. Get back on a plane to Ashburn and start working on a plan to not be ranked 32nd in the league by players.

This **** goes both ways. If I’m a kid about to get drafted what is it about the Commanders that makes me want to play for you? Because right now I’d rather play for 31 other franchises based on your employee reviews. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I am willing to give Josh the benefit of the doubt here. He just paid 30% of 6.05 billion. He wants to know how the pizza is made. I can understand how people see it differently with what we just went through. 

Edited by just654
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, looks like we found our new topic of debate for today. 

I honestly don’t think it’s a big deal, but I’m sure there are those who will draw certain conclusions from this.

My first impression is I don’t like it. We are way too close to the Snyder era where he meddled with every important decision. It is never good when rich men that are fans try to help football people. This also leads to debate of who really decided on the quarterback and Peters will just be the fall guy. Look back at the Nationals and Orioles. They hired Rizzo and Elias to do what they needed to do. Both teams had Multiple number 1 overall picks. 

• Like 3

Wonder what this means?  Appointment?  I don't think they are referencing his pro day because they would just say pro day.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39615348/2024-nfl-draft-combine-workouts-preview-top-prospects-predictions

Which quarterback will everyone be talking about after Saturday night?

Yates: I'll go with Drake Maye. While he had an uneven final season at North Carolina relative to his 2022 campaign, there's little doubt that the man can drive the football with time and space. Maye has effortless arm strength to all levels and should showcase that in his appointment-viewing workout; he completed 35 passes thrown at least 20 yards downfield last season, third in the FBS. Maye also has very good speed and strength, which should set him up for a massive weekend in various testing drills, if he participates.

31 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Agree, I don’t like it either.

Only reason I can see - we are considering that major trade up, and Harris on behalf of ownership, wants to see first hand if it’s worth the investment/price.

As I mentioned on the draft thread.  

I watched an interview with Quinn last night when he talked about watching one of the QBs for 4 hours with Adam Peters.  And Quinn was blown away by how exhaustive Peters was going over detail after detail -- route combinations, what the QBs is seeing, etc.  And he said he told his wife that night Peters is a stud.

Combining that and Quinn saying on the Junkies its totally Peters' call.  And Harris reputation for not interferring in personnel with his other teams.  I have zero concerns about any of it.

I know a vocal minority here disagree and are perfectly fine with taking another walk into the sad familiar territory of QB wildnerness and are more than cool with rolling the dice with a lesser pedigreed QB or punting for that someday in the future we will find that elusive QB. 

But most fans see this position as Code Red and it could change the trajectory of the franchise in a heartbeat. I presume this FO sees it the same way.  Finding that franchse QB is everything.  And can change everything.  And i don't blame Harris for wanting a front row seat to observe the process.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2

29 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Oh for ****s sake. Get back on a plane to Ashburn and start working on a plan to not be ranked 32nd in the league by players.

This **** goes both ways. If I’m a kid about to get drafted what is it about the Commanders that makes me want to play for you? Because right now I’d rather play for 31 other franchises based on your employee reviews. 

Fair point...you've got big balls kid, we're drafting you.

• Haha 2

Finlay alluded to this on Hoffman the other day as I mentioned which he came to Indy thinking it would be Daniels but now after Indy he's not sure.

I'll say though digesting everything I have.  I seriously doubt this FO made up their mind.  The way they operate, I'd be surprised if they don't brainstorm on this until right before the draft unless they feel that one is distinctly better than the other.

34 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

That survey was done in October right after he bought the team.  They are making improvements.  And supposedly will build a whole new facility.

They've made more progress in less than a year on the stadium both as to upgrades the current one and chasing a new one than Bruce-Dan did is 12 plus years.

He's got other things cooking, a few days in Indy isn't likely derailing any of it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

watched an interview with Quinn last night when he talked about watching one of the QBs for 4 hours with Adam Peters.  And Quinn was blown away by how exhaustive Peters was going over detail after detail -- route combinations, what the QBs is seeing, etc.  And he said he told his wife that night Peters is a stud.

Combining that and Quinn saying on the Junkies its totally Peters' call.  And Harris reputation for not interferring in personnel with his other teams.  I have zero concerns about any of it.

I know a vocal minority here disagree and are perfectly fine with taking another walk into the sad familiar territory of QB wildnerness and are more than cool with rolling the dice with a lesser pedigreed QB or punting for that someday in the future we will find that elusive QB. 

Peters could very easily land us on QB outside the perceived top 3 couldn’t he. Very easily. So your definition of QB wilderness might not align with that of Adam Peters, as a general observation.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, just654 said:

I am willing to give Josh the benefit of the doubt her. He just paid 30% of 6.05 billion. He wants to know how the pizza is made. I can understand how people see it differently with what we just went through. 

This ^^ 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:15 PM, illone said:

Caleb is definitely still in play for Washington...

Magic Johnson is nothing short of sports royalty, if he calls Caleb's dad you better believe that call is being answered.

I'm not buying anything said by anyone until the pick is made, or the trade is confirmed. 

Do I need to remind some of you guys what month it is?  Only stupid teams reveal their true intentions this time of year..

Yes, but I'd also note bears sources are putting out more smoke screens than Cerrato and Bruce Allen combined right now.

On 2/23/2024 at 2:43 PM, FrFan said:

Okay,  I've been an 'okay I'd trade down camp for a while, mainly because I imagine three teams will try to trade up, with Atlanta, Minnesota being 2 of them.  But is anyone else scared of the Giants Drafting Daniels?  Do you feel the same about Maye?

I swear that graphic alone might be enough ammo to make me sit and pick the best guy at #2 because of that.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, looks like we found our new topic of debate for today. 

I honestly don’t think it’s a big deal, but I’m sure there are those who will draw certain conclusions from this.

Im totally fine with this. Im extremely confident that Peters is in charge of player acquisition and Harris is there just to take it all in. Peters will run this draft. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Peters could very easily land us on QB outside the perceived top 3 couldn’t he. Very easily. So your definition of QB wilderness might not align with that of Adam Peters, as a general observation.

It's rare for there to be perceived top QBs, especially when its three of them to be passed over when you don't have that Qb in house.  I don't mean draft geeks perception of the QBs.  Or fans.  I mean leaks from scouts-personnel guys.  Where a team goes nope, we love the 4th, 5th guy the most.  Is it possible?  Sure.  Likely?  I don't think so.   

If I start hearing from Keim that they love McCarthy or your guy Nix, I'll start wondering if its a possibility.  It hasn't happened yet.  But if it does, I pride myself on having an open mind.  As I said I am one of the only people here who doesn't hate the idea of any of the top 3 QBs.

And i don't hate the idea of McCarthy either.   But I try not to live in fantasy land with this stuff.  Just dropping to some random spot in the top 10 and hoping that McCarthy will be there waiting for us is fantasy land IMO.    He's the only dude I can see outside those 3 but if they love him than take him at #2 because how the heck would they know if he wouldn't be taken before the pick they traded down to unless its to #4 but why would the Cards trade up to their pick?  

Otherwise to me it will feel like a cruel joke if we voluntarily shopped in tha 2nd tier aisle of QBs, same aisle we are used to and have failed to land that guy.  But I've said a million of times if Peters does something shocking and goes with the vocal minoirity and trades down.  He better be right.   If he's wrong as much as I loved the hire, I'll be posting that he deserves to be fired and big time so.    I allow mistakes but am not going to forgive a trade if the QB they take is "meh" and the one they pass over ends up a stud.  It would be IMO a bigger mistake if that happened than any one Bruce or Vinny ever made.

I'd also assume there would be consequences to Peters doing this and getting it wrong considering the dude that Harris trusted to hire the GM, Spielman thinks there is a major drop off after the top 3 QBs.

But look if Peters shocks the world and takes your guy Bo Nix, I'll ride with it.  But he has to get that right.  No room in my book to do something funky at QB and it to go south.  You go funky you got to nail it.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But look if Peters shocks the world and takes your guy Bo Nix, I'll ride with it.  But he has to get that right.  No room in my book to do something funky at QB and it to go south.  You go funky you got to nail it.

😂why do you revert to my guy / your guy lines 😂

I’m simply saying, perhaps the real value of our new stud GM is finding a QB that many, you included, perceive to be someone in the ‘QB wilderness’ category…….

• Thumb up 2

58 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Im sure Harris knows exactly how bad the facilities are and how bad the optics look. Im also sure he has had discussions with the front office and HC about improvements that need to be made and how they should address this with potential free agents. If the facilities were not a priority Peters, Quinn et al would have never signed up to be a part of this organization. These things will take time but to think that it is not a priority because no news has leaked does not mean that they are not being addressed behind the scenes. Dan is gone!. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Wait until the story breaks that Magic Johnson was also in the meeting with DC Williams :rofl89:

Hey now that's COMPLETELY different.

I believe in Magic.

Do you believe in Magic?

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's rare for there to be perceived top QBs, especially when its three of them to be passed over when you don't have that Qb in house.  I don't mean draft geeks perception of the QBs.  Or fans.  I mean leaks from scouts-personnel guys.  Where a team goes nope, we love the 4th, 5th guy the most.  Is it possible?  Sure.  Likely?  I don't think so.   

If I start hearing from Keim that they love McCarthy or your guy Nix, I'll start wondering if its a possibility.  It hasn't happened yet.  But if it does, I pride myself on having an open mind.  As I said I am one of the only people here who doesn't hate the idea of any of the top 3 QBs.

And i don't hate the idea of McCarthy either.   But I try not to live in fantasy land with this stuff.  Just dropping to some random spot in the top 10 and hoping that McCarthy will be there waiting for us is fantasy land IMO.    He's the only dude I can see outside those 3 but if they love him than take him at #2 because how the heck would they know if he wouldn't be taken before the pick they traded down to unless its to #4 but why would the Cards trade up to their pick?  

Otherwise to me it will feel like a cruel joke if we voluntarily shopped in tha 2nd tier aisle of QBs, same aisle we are used to and have failed to land that guy.  But I've said a million of times if Peters does something shocking and goes with the vocal minoirity and trades down.  He better be right.   If he's wrong as much as I loved the hire, I'll be posting that he deserves to be fired and big time so.    I allow mistakes but am not going to forgive a trade if the QB they take is "meh" and the one they pass over ends up a stud.  It would be IMO a bigger mistake if that happened than any one Bruce or Vinny ever made.

I'd also assume there would be consequences to Peters doing this and getting it wrong considering the dude that Harris trusted to hire the GM, Spielman thinks there is a major drop off after the top 3 QBs.

Yep in total agreement here. I can live with Maye/Daniels/Williams being a bust. But if we pass on any and they end up being a stud, that’s immediatele cause for termination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

😂why do you revert to my guy / your guy lines 😂

I’m simply saying, perhaps the real value of our new stud GM is finding a QB that many, you included, perceive to be someone in the ‘QB wilderness’ category…….

Because its VERY rare remembering past drafts, that anything like that happens.  We got three QBs leaked to be considered the favs from scouts around the league.

McCarthy is a bit of a wildcard because perception wise some scouts have him close to that pack.  But my point is then take him at #2 if you love him, because how can you trade down and just assume he's there waiting for you?

I mention who you like because while you back off sometimes when cornered on it but its not hard to miss you really really don't want Maye at #2.  Also you've mentioned Nix a bunch of times.  So just wondering if your own opinion on these QBs are coloring what you think he will do?

I don't have any angst about the top perceived 3 QBs.  Actually not of the 4th either.  But if he goes with Penix, Nix or Rattler he better nail it.  Your point seems to be we should be braced for that as a possibility.  I'll go on record that am not braced for it at all, not even a little, it would be shocking for me. 

Best analogy I can think of is lets say someone I know tells them everyone tells them to invest in Microsoft, Apple or Amazon. And i go don't listen, buy Cheescake Factory instead.  I come off looking funky and going outside the grain.  Now if I nailed it for that person, awesome.  But if I get it wrong, I look majorly foolish.  So for Peters to trade down, Cheescake Factory better succeed and do better than Microsoft or at least as good.  Otherwise, no one will listen to any of my stock picks.  And if I were a professional advisor to that person, they'd fire me.

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I am guessing Dan Orlovsky has Jayden as his #1 then.

Yep gonna start seeing some more hype for JD5 at 1 from here on out. Bet he is interviewing extremely well. Caleb on the other hand…:lol: 

just let us get maye or jd5 please