Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

forgot which poster made the analogy but it was a good one -- its like a convict getting out of jail and not knowing how to handle it so they find their way back to jail. :ols:

cbb808eb-f2a3-4223-ae57-803a37514f5c_text.gif.e28dca6bb61b66f5947bdf21042e5978.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

On NFL Network they said a lot of teams have some opinions on Caleb Williams not doing the medicals? I am confused about this, its the first I heard. They said they don't know how much it will matter to the teams at the top but if you were already skeptical about him or had some questions, this doesn't help. 

I hope someone posts the clip online. 

Ian just said more teams will be added to this list for Daniels. 

EDITED  -  Also glad to see I am not crazy and heard correctly. Why would he opt out of medical testing?

That's odd and I'm not sure if a player has done this in the past. I don't get his angle and I defend most of his other choices. He is going to let the team doctors examine him, so why not get it over with? You're forcing me to fly my whole medical staff to some medical center in LA. I don't think there's anything medically wrong but this is unnecessary. 

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

only 50.6% of Daniels pressured dropbacks resulted in a pass attempt, ranking 193rd out of 196 qualifying quarterbacks since 2019.

Ouch. That is UGLY. Add in his historically high sack rate and you have red flags flying very high.

"He never had a pressure-to-sack rate of less than 20% in a single season and his career pressure-to-sack rate was 24%. That is extremely concerning"

https://withthefirstpick.com/posts/2024-nfl-draft-why-jayden-daniels-is-a-tricky-evaluation-01hq6kj8sp4c

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Another issue with us trading down for the 4th QB: do you really want to watch the Giants jump up and get their guy for a decade+?

They aren’t getting Williams

48 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

On NFL Network they said a lot of teams have some opinions on Caleb Williams not doing the medicals? I am confused about this, its the first I heard. They said they don't know how much it will matter to the teams at the top but if you were already skeptical about him or had some questions, this doesn't help. 

I hope someone posts the clip online. 

Ian just said more teams will be added to this list for Daniels. 

EDITED  -  Also glad to see I am not crazy and heard correctly. Why would he opt out of medical testing?

I’ve said this previously, Caleb clearing doesn’t give a **** about convention. By the end of the weekend he’s either going to Chicago, or coming here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blanka said:

Oh wow, you mean to tell me Caleb is not demanding things behind the scenes like a brat.
& what the fake blue checks on twitter said was false and people ran with it because they don’t like him. I’m shocked 😮

In fairness it happens every year with top picks. It is intentional smoke to try to get a guy to fall. I hate it. But it happens all of the time. 

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

that’s doesn’t  prevent us acquiring substantial talent via the next 3 drafts

I agree. Especially with Peters making those picks. His success rate in the middle rounds is unbelievable. 

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

He’s an insider telling you he’s heard they are trading out of #1

He’s not an insider anymore, I actually stopped following him years ago because he’s not only wrong all the time, he’s insufferable. All the people he knew in the Bears organization are gone and he’s coasting on past reputation. He’s like their Rick Snider, if Rick Snider was a football guy a long time ago. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree. Especially with Peters making those picks. His success rate in the middle rounds is unbelievable. 

Literally just typed that in the draft thread. We’ve got to keep an open mind here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

They aren’t getting Williams

I’ve said this previously, Caleb clearing doesn’t give a **** about convention. By the end of the weekend he’s either going to Chicago, or coming here. 

It's gonna be kinda hilarious if Williams busts (as long as he's not playing for us, of course) because you've practically had a HoF jacket made for him already.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Would you rather have

- A: Fields, Moore, MHJ 

- B: Williams, Moore, Mooney

It's pretty damn easy for me. A. That's before you include the added picks they get with A since they can easily trade down and still get MHJ. Not saying we should absolutely give up their price to move up to #1 for Caleb, but I am open to listening to the price. This notion that it's a done deal, no way Bears don't take Caleb is not certain at all IMO

How about Williams, Moore and Nabers instead?

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

It's gonna be kinda hilarious if Williams busts (as long as he's not playing for us, of course) because you've practically had a HoF jacket made for him already.

I’m game to be ridiculed for ever more. 

I am very surprised, after years of Snyder, how the fanbase have set low expectations on the new ownership. Everything points to us going all in on Williams. Why wouldn’t they, the guy is elite. Plus he’s different. Absolute ‘put us on the map’ QB in 2024. 

If he flames, so be it. You don’t just sit there and take Daniel Jones v2 through fear of failure.

Look at the staff assembled. Quinn called Caleb DC.

Until the Bears call time on it, I’m all in. Just like SoCal on Bezos :ols:

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Bill Belichick is a huge Jayden Daniels fan apparently. Interesting. It doesn't mean Mayo is or will be but of note depending on how much influence he still has in that building 

Ian even mentioned the Patriots potentially being willing to move up to 2 to secure him

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

If we draft Daniels I will definitely root for him but I'm not going to be too excited unless he can finish a season healthy. I can see Haloti Ngata snapping RG3's leg in my head if I close my eyes - same with the hit that ended Robert's starting career in Cleveland.

And RG3 was 223 pounds at the combine. I dont think people actually realize just how slight Daniels build truly is. Same with McCarthy imo. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

That Pats/Daniels talk is very interesting. 

Yeah. And if Daniels is our guy, too bad NE. But if Maye is our guy, then there may be a real chance to flip picks with NE and we both "win" ... but for that to happen the #2 pick has to be presumed to be available for not only NE, but other teams that want to move up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah. And if Daniels is our guy, too bad NE. But if Maye is our guy, then there may be a real chance to flip picks with NE and we both "win" ... but for that to happen the #2 pick has to be presumed to be available for not only NE, but other teams that want to move up.

They just posted the full report. Last season at LSU's Pro Day they spent a lot of time together 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

57 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Maybe we let them jump ahead of us and they grab the next Malik Willis.

None of the top 3 guys are Malik Willis. I would bet my house on that. They might bust. But the quality of the prospect of all 3 of them is lightyears higher than Willis'

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

he could bust. All three of them could. But on tape he is the best player of the three. Of course more goes into success than tape. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The talk of NE shipping out of #3 implies Williams/Daniels go 1 and 2, I’m hoping the Bears love Daniels personally. 

• Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Quinn, he says Adam Peters take will have the most influence on what QB they'd take.

they asked him for one word answers on the QBs

Caleb Williams -- DC

Drake Maye -- athletic

Jayden Daniels -- game changer

That’s not one word and one of those are an abbreviation DQ

image.jpeg.52a53847a6b5b1b042ef2eb299ad55d4.jpeg