Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not so sure that’s true, as I’ve encountered endless amounts of ignorance on the internet from all football fans in general.

That said, we definitely have mental illness specifically related to the QB position.  The trauma over the years has run it’s toll in conjunction with never actually solving the problem and that’s how we get threads like this one.

Having a miserable owner and having a miserable QB situation would be the combined theme of the 30-30 ESPN special someday about the Snyder years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What’s likely to happen that’s very us, we lose the final 2 games.

Further, in the category of things we all know but don’t need acknowledged—no one would be surprised if after two years out of football and an abysmal start to his cursed Browns tenure, Watson had his “get right” game against us and got his mojo back. 

I hope things have changed, and that this defense destroys him physically and mentally. But we all know what we’d expect in past years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Further, in the category of things we all know but don’t need acknowledged—no one would be surprised if after two years out of football and an abysmal start to his cursed Browns tenure, Watson had his “get right” game against us and got his mojo back. 

I hope things have changed, and that this defense destroys him physically and mentally. But we all know what we’d expect in past years. 

The accuracy of this post is just so sad. Yeah……pretty spot-on. 

8 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

We're literally hours away from January 2023 and you felt you needed to post that "technically" January 2006 was 16 years ago, not 17?

Holy math.

The math isn’t wrong though, as of right now. Yes on Sunday that’ll change. I’m well aware of that. Back off. The bigger point is, it’s been a long time (DUH!)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Having a miserable owner and having a miserable QB situation would be the combined theme of the 30-30 ESPN special someday about the Snyder years.

For some reason his name is no longer permitted on the Stadium board. But I'd just like to point out that we had that guy in Minnesota, who has engineered multiple come backs this year, and have gone through a laundry list of guys, spent high draft picks and a lot of cap space, and none of have been any good and not nearly as good as the guy most fans wanted run out of here on a rail. Just sayin'.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

For some reason his name is no longer permitted on the Stadium board. But I'd just like to point out that we had that guy in Minnesota, who has engineered multiple come backs this year, and have gone through a laundry list of guys, spent high draft picks and a lot of cap space, and none of have been any good and not nearly as good as the guy most fans wanted run out of here on a rail. Just sayin'.

We have the worst QBR in the league after he left and sadly spent asset after asset to achieve that misery.  Yet some on the board think we got the last laugh. :ols:

I do think though we got the last laugh but for a different reason than some do.  I think all those stupid moves have led to Bruce's ouster and now hopefully Dan -- so losing battle after battle but I think we win the war.

But yeah bringing it on topic.  Is there a fan base who has had to debate the QB spot more than this team in the least 30 years or so.  We are the definition of QB purgatory.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

ESPN simulated the next two games using their Football Power Index (?) to see who would make the playoffs.

Week 17: Commanders 41, Browns 10

Week 18: cowboys 47, Commanders 7

According to them, we finish 8th in the NFC with a record of 8-8-1.

Full simulated scores at link.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35330806/predicting-nfl-playoff-picture-espn-football-power-index-projects-weeks-17-18-division-races-wild-card-hunts

30 minutes ago, London Kev said:

ESPN simulated the next two games using their Football Power Index (?) to see who would make the playoffs.

Week 17: Commanders 41, Browns 10

Week 18: cowboys 47, Commanders 7

According to them, we finish 8th in the NFC with a record of 8-8-1.

Full simulated scores at link.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35330806/predicting-nfl-playoff-picture-espn-football-power-index-projects-weeks-17-18-division-races-wild-card-hunts

I mean those scores though....lmfao

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah.

I guess that could considered going all-in on Wentz being Jekyll and Hyde. Utterly shredding the Browns one week and the next throwing multiple pick 6s while doing nothing positive. 

That's why the games are played in tv sets and not on paper.

• Haha 1

If/when the raiders release Carr…..call him, get him in the building, lock the doors, lock him in a room, tie him up, and don’t agree to untie him/unlock the doors until after he agrees to a contract. 

…….no, I haven’t thought too deeply at about this at all….why do you ask? *nervously hides a map of all doors out at the park….*

Listened to a beat reporter for the Browns on 106.7.  His segment would be a nightmare for 😀 @Zim489

He hammered two points.

A.  Rivera is a really good dude, he roots for him and he's done really well considering the albatross of coaching under a train wreck owner.

B.  He thinks Derek Carr should go to the Commanders.  He'd be the best Qb Rivera would have had in a long time.  And Rivera deserves better QB play like what Carr would bring. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Calls for new head coaches and OCs every 3-4 years? They can't go 3 games without it, even if they win the games.

Our fanbase isn’t particularly bright. Some will argue it’s another casualty of the snyder era but I wasn’t alive/old enough for the previous era to judge. 

but I’ve thought we’re a pretty dumb fanbase for a while. 

whether it’s cheering loudly while offense is on a critical down, or analyzing the coaches/players, it’s just constant clownshoes. Just recall the number of people that **** on the Shanahan era, including (and he got the worst of it) Kyle Shanahan. 

“horny  for zorny”

we’re just real limited intellectually as a fanbase. 

He also alluded to how watching film of Heinicke each week he was seeing plays that Heinicke missed and really should have connected on. “So he leaves plays and points on the field.”

Simms continued, “Rivera looks at Wentz and says there is great potential with Carson. I got the team in the spot right now where Carson Wentz will be able to take advantage, make more explosive plays and make them a more dangerous offense and make you defend more of the field because of his big arm. So there is greater potential there.”

“But as we know, Mike (Florio), with Wentz, he can do some dumb crap too. So it will be about him finding that line and finding that sweet spot that works for him.”

Mike Florio reminded viewers Rivera, and Martin Mayhew should be thankful they didn’t land Russell Wilson because they would have given up a lot more than they did for Wentz and gotten even less in return.

Florio offered, “I feel like Taylor Heinicke’s ceiling is lower than Carson Wentz’s ceiling. There are too many moments with Heinicke when he plays that you just get lucky…It seems like there is one of those every game.”

“The moment the backup (Heinicke) cools off, that’s when you go back to the starter. We’ve seen that time and again. So, with the season on the line, they are putting their best foot forward. Even though both have flaws, I feel like Wentz has the higher ceiling. So, I understand it.”

Simms closed by saying because the Commanders can run the ball, if they protect Wentz with the weapons of McLaurin, Samuel and Dotson, Wentz is better than Heinicke at getting the ball down the field, so they could become dangerous on offense.

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/29/chris-simms-wentz-can-do-some-dumb-crap-but-could-be-dangerous/?itm_source=parsely-api?src=rss

• Thumb up 1