Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

This thread is actually a real life comedy to me. I went back like 5-6 pages just to make sure and there’s nothing but mostly positive and supporting posts regarding Wentz, a whole bunch of Derek Carr, and some general discussion regarding the opportunity Wentz has and some ways it can play out.

But I keep reading about cults and hives. I think the “hive” is a WAY bigger thing outside of this thread, I’ll put it that way. 

yeah, i noted your take in my first post here today when i mentioned a guy who doesn't believe the hive even existed, i just deliberately left your name out

i could type a dozen or so sentences out, clearly showing how bizarrely ridiculous your take is, but i don't see it as worthwhile or necessary in any way

i'll reserve the right change my mind at some point if so moved 😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

I justed wanted to make sure since I didn't put a lol at the end. lol

As for Carr and getting him last year probably would have been better than Wentz. But Carr was not available. I wasn't too high on Carr either and would have liked Jimmy G. instead. Which I said I was okay with if TH is not going to be the starting QB. I also said no to Wilson (sure most laughed at me) since I noticed a decline in his play. Didn't want Turbs or any other backup QBs as well. 

Now for 23 I feel Wentz might be the better option for the fact that he will have a whole year in the same offense and with a stout running game with a better D. I supposed you could stick Carr but continuity and chemistry to me makes more sense even if we don't win the last two games. Wentz needs to have a strong showing though or else back to clean slate again. 

I didn't love what I saw from Wentz.

But I think he has the perfect opportunity to showcase what he's got now.   I am open minded.  Go Carson, take us to the playoffs, please.  😀

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

I was full throttle driving the Carr ( :D ) last year, full send, too. I was down for the 2 1rst round picks and the ridiculous contract.

I've absolutely cooled on that stance, especially after seeing The Russ and Watson Trades and what the Rams look like this year.

I think the best comp could be looking at Cousins and his contract and how they're doing this year. Imagine if the Vikes had a defense at all. 

I think Carr can absolutely have the type of season that Kirk is having, if you switched them up. Honestly, I think the Vikes are so good, is because Kirks playing like Carr.

That said, I still think Wentz on a better contract in year two and our Oline repaired, is also capable of doing that.

If we want to run a more RPO style offense and have Howell in house already, I'd be interested in Jimmy G who can run that and if he goes down, we have a similar replacement. I'd draft a late rounder to back Howell up too. 

skeptical on wentz, always was, and not excited about any currently supposed prospects, though carr would be the better of those vets that are being thrown up as possible

as most of us keep saying, cost is a key factor

im no heine, no wentz barring the miracle rebirth, and trying howell, some reasonably priced competent vet, and hope a guy rises in the draft worth our enthusiasm at our pick 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

skeptical on wentz, always was, and not excited about any currently supposed prospects, though carr would be the better of those vets that are being thrown up as possible

im no heine, no wentz barring the miracle rebirth, and trying howell, some reasonably priced competent vet, and hope a guy rises in the draft worth our enthusiasm at our pick 

College season is over. Anyone rising is on the strength of press draft workouts and those don't generally work out that well

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

yeah, i noted your take in my first post here today when i mentioned a guy who doesn't believe the hive even existed, i just deliberately left your name out

i could type a dozen or so sentences out, clearly showing how bizarrely ridiculous your take is, but i don't see it as worthwhile or necessary in any way

75wa2g.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

That said, I still think Wentz on a better contract in year two and our Oline repaired, is also capable of doing that.

If we want to run a more RPO style offense and have Howell in house already, I'd be interested in Jimmy G who can run that and if he goes down, we have a similar replacement. I'd draft a late rounder to back Howell up too. 

The key thing for me is I don't want to give up more compensation everything being equal.  I'd be interested in Carr if released, which is possible or if its a trade it would have to be cheap.

I was cool with the Wentz trade from a boom-bust standpoint but I did criticize at the time the compensation.

Ideally it would be better if Wentz is the guy.  So i am hardcore rooting for it.

The hard thing for me with Wentz is what happens if the season ends up with a "maybe"?  Lets say he plays just OK.  For me with Wentz, the glass is half empty but if he plays well I am cool with going with him next season and rolling the dice.  But if its a maybe, I'd rather try something else.

Jimmy G might intrigue me actually more than Carr after this season.  My issue is while Carr's durability has been outstanding with the exception of one season, Jimmy G tends to get hurt.  If Jimmy G was durable, i'd take him right now over Carr.

But if I had to define my mindset is I am Zen, i am not really a hardcore yes or no right now to much.  Context is king IMO when it comes to these QB possibilities. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

But if I had to define my mindset is I am Zen, i am not really a hardcore yes or no right now to much.  Context is king IMO when it comes to these QB possibilities. 

That's where I'm at. Pretty wild after the last few years. 

I'm not trading for anyone. I want to keep Payne and extend some guys. I want a linebacker and CB. And I think our team is better than this year without even addressing QB yet. So someone like Wentz at the right price or Brissett even and this team is much better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For me, it’s anyone but Heinicke.  I can find a way to talk myself into pretty much anything but more Heinicke, at least temporarily.

For me TH was supposed to be the stop gap for this year only, prior to getting Wentz. TH was not in the picture for me in 23 maybe as a backup but we have Howell now. So, Wentz as QB#1 (if he works out of course) and Howell as the #2 and whoever at irrelevant #3 spot. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrJL said:

College season is over. Anyone rising is on the strength of press draft workouts and those don't generally work out that well

golly gee i know the seasons over

as to your other comment (and congruous with many of your previous takes on the qb position this season) i think it's kind of fatuous and would like to see a substantial amount of factual support for such a sweeping take on such an extensive, and yet still vague, claim 

😛

• Haha 1

I don't think its ever really one guy or bust.

There will be number of options at QB and several that would be deemed "decent" in my book. Given the known landscape it just seems that Carr should be Option A given the opportunity.

That does not mean you should not be prepared to go w/ an option B, C, D, etc.

Restructuring Wentz to lock in a floor, looking at Jimmy G, evaluating those 10 Mil guys like Brissett... Its all gotta be on the table. We can win a bunch of games w/ several of those options.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, zCommander said:

For me TH was supposed to be the stop gap for this year only, prior to getting Wentz. TH was not in the picture for me in 23 maybe as a backup but we have Howell now. So, Wentz as QB#1 (if he works out of course) and Howell as the #2 and whoever at irrelevant #3 spot. 

I see you my friend. I see you trying to let the Heini Hole be filled in and forgotten and unless you show up with some outrageous claim that is absolutely worthy of ridicule about it, so be free my friend. Cheers. 

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

That's kind of my take (currently) as well. And I'm wondering if a miracle rebirth is possible, and how much  earnest confidence in CW we can gain even if he absolutely balls out over the next few games. I hate the purgatory almost as much as I dislike the Hell. So many unanswered questions and mind boggling things for us to complain about all offseason lol. You and TK better batten down the hatches

• Thumb up 1

Wentz ain’t the answer. TH is a lifetime back up at best. Howell, who knows what’s going on there. I kind of think he’s not that sharp on picking up the playbook and all that comes with it..

I was hot on Carr last year, I think on balance I’d still take that chance, cost dependent, but he’s definitely one of the better options by far. Unless we go all in under a new owner with a AR or Brady. Sceptical on that based on Wilson turning into a serious flunk overnight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I know you’re someone that tends to talk down so no surprise there. But I’m not stupid, it’s why I posted in response…

I would love for someone to have the balls to go back post by post and put a collage together of true delusional “hive” comments, I’d be the first to own it. Maybe I’m just interpreting the posts differently not sure. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

I know you’re someone that tends to talk down so no surprise there. But I’m not stupid, it’s why I posted in response…

I would love for someone to have the balls to go back post by post and put a collage together of true delusional “hive” comments, I’d be the first to own it. Maybe I’m just interpreting the posts differently not sure. 

YARN | You can't have it both ways. | Marriage Story | Video gifs by quotes  | 4a460397 | 紗

21 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Wentz ain’t the answer. TH is a lifetime back up at best. Howell, who knows what’s going on there. I kind of think he’s not that sharp on picking up the playbook and all that comes with it..

I was hot on Carr last year, I think on balance I’d still take that chance, cost dependent, but he’s definitely one of the better options by far. Unless we go all in under a new owner with a AR or Brady. Sceptical on that based on Wilson turning into a serious flunk overnight. 

Agreed. The AR thing scares me the most. There was a time where his (rumored) diva attitude was surpassed by his play. But if we're gonna invest a bazillion dollars on any one player, they at least should be near their prime. I don't think that is where AR is at this stage of his career. I'm at lest lukewarm on Carr depending on the accompanying pricetag of course. But the FO silence on the development of Howell leads me to think that they don't feel he is quite ready for primetime, nor that they see him as the future. I hope I'm wrong on that since @KDawgkinda got me pumped about him last offseason. I think we'd all be onboard with a guy like Carr at the $23m range. But if the pricetag gets stupid I'd really give Howell a shot, resign Payne and go on a O-line spending spree.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

I would love for someone to have the balls to go back post by post and put a collage together of true delusional “hive” comments

Lol @ the balls.

Sure, let us do all the work of putting together a portfolio of posts for your review, because we care so much if you own it or not.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Lol @ the balls.

Sure, let us do all the work of putting together a portfolio of posts for your review, because we care so much if you own it or not.

Or don’t, I don’t really care. I read every page of the thread and a lot of times try to go back and re read to see if I can gain a different perspective or maybe there’s something I’ve missed. 

I don’t doubt there’s a lot of hype for heineke in different spheres and the more casual NFL fan I would say thinks heineke should start over Wentz. 

But I don’t see that very much on here. 

I DO see people point out the positives Taylor brings, I DO see there’s maybe a small contingent that doesn’t want to see Wentz and would rather Heineke, I HAVE seen people argue whether it’s a foregone conclusion Wentz would look better than he did earlier in the year (I was one of them), and I HAVE seen people say the team rallied around and played hard for Taylor and that his energy is contagious, but I DONT see wild fanatical posts claiming that heineke is some sort of mythical creature at the QB position destined to be Washington’s savior and franchise QB for the next decade, which is what I interpret “hive” to really mean.

If people are going to keep calling out the “hive” (which just dumbs down the discussion and is creating an adversarial take for the sake of it) then I’d genuinely like to see some example posts so that one, I’m better informed. And two, so I don’t repeat the same mistakes and find myself as a “hiver” lol. 

Public Service Announcement:

Remember you are required to report any underground Heinie activity to  your neighborhood's "Certified Watcher" or your local jurisdiction "Information Kiosk" immediately.

An "Inquisition Team" will be discretely choppered in to investigate, remove, and re-educate the offender(s) at a nearby "Conditioning Center" so that they can be cured and in time reintegrated into polite society.

XXXXXXX

Join the Carr Corp...

Or else.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I'll save a seat for you on the Wentz (band)Wagon lol...and I'm being serious. These next two games are gonna be impressive. Just a gut feeling I have, like when I said John Beck would lead us to the play--you know what, skip it. Just trust me,,,

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'll save a seat for you on the Wentz (band)Wagon lol...and I'm being serious. These next two games are gonna be impressive. Just a gut feeling I have, like when I said John Beck would lead us to the play--you know what, skip it. Just trust me,,,

I feel weirdly good with Wentz next two games too and hard to explain. Like I said, I was very impressed when he came in Saturday, and will happily admit he seemed to benefit from sitting and more decisive/quick twitch because of it. 

I really hope I’m not disappointed, I’d love nothing else to stuff it in my buddies back who trashed Wentz all off season and to make the colts and Irsay to look dumber than they already do. 

• Like 2