Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I still can’t believe that anyone is hanging onto the idea that Wentz might be the answer here. He was beyond atrocious this season and it feels like wishful thinking to me. Hope I’m wrong. 

The answer won’t be found until the new owner takes over and has his Gm and his coach running things.

As long as he keeps Ron here, we will not move forward.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just saw an XFL commercial. I wonder if any of the teams are looking for a backup QB because I know a guy who used to be a former XFL backup QB who is going to be looking for a new gig….

Your hate for Heinicke is a bit weird.  I'm tired of him too but man, you seem to take some extra amount of joy in bashing him.

4 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I still can’t believe that anyone is hanging onto the idea that Wentz might be the answer here. He was beyond atrocious this season and it feels like wishful thinking to me. Hope I’m wrong. 

A lot of people on here get wet for someone with a strong arm.  Seriously, that's all they care about.  ARM STRENGTH MOAAAAARRR POWER!!!!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A lot of people on here get wet for someone with a strong arm.  Seriously, that's all they care about.  ARM STRENGTH MOAAAAARRR POWER!!!!!!

With Wentz we were like second in the league in explosive plays, it's like to give that another go after more time learning the offense. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It’s not that at all.

There is a baseline of arm talent required to be a decent NFL QB.  To Heinicke’s credit, he doesn’t possess it and at times finds way to make up for it.  

Folks only marvel at the way the ball comes out of Wentz hand because they’ve been watching TH for damn near two years.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

8 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Has no head for the game, just look at the Philly game 9 sacks at home and his back up beats the same Team on road and snaps unbeaten streak. Just do not see him pulling that off.

Yeah, I’m not sure he could muster the mighty 211, 0 TD’s, a pick and 3 sacks nor could he inspire the defense to force 4 turnovers or his running backs to pick up over 150 on the ground.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Your hate for Heinicke is a bit weird.  I'm tired of him too but man, you seem to take some extra amount of joy in bashing him.

It was a joke. 

I actually think (and hope) he gets a deal like Mitch got last year, $15M with one year guaranteed to be a bridge QB for somebody.  

I really wish no I’ll on the guy.  He does his best.  

Happy New Year.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, I’m not sure he could muster the mighty 211, 0 TD’s, a pick and 3 sacks nor could he inspire the defense to force 4 turnovers or his running backs to pick up over 150 on the ground.

I'd look a lot better than I am too w/ a support system so comprehensive that would make the Mayo Clinic blush

ragdoll | Tag | PrimoGIF384 × 214

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

But he really wasn’t beyond atrocious.  He had 3 games with 300+ yards passing, 10 TDs.  Yes he took a lot of sacks, which was some on him and some on the fact the OL had both Nick Martin and S. Charles playing, as well as other injuries.

The Jax game, second half of Detroit and Tenn games were better than anything TH put out there for 9 weeks.

So to say he was beyond atrocious is absolutely fake news. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But he really wasn’t beyond atrocious.  He had 3 games with 300+ yards passing, 10 TDs.  Yes he took a lot of sacks, which was some on him and some on the fact the OL had both Nick Martin and S. Charles playing, as well as other injuries.

The Jax game, second half of Detroit and Tenn games were better than anything TH put out there for 9 weeks.

He threw two horrendous INTs in the Jax game then had to make a miracle comeback. Detroit second half was only good after one of the worst first halves any QB has ever had. Tennesee they scored 17 points and he threw a terrible INT at the goal line with a chance to win. Need a better argument than that for Wentz. 

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Pretty funny how you point out the good parts of Wentz that are actually terrible. Nothing about Wentz this year so far has been positive. 

7 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Need a better argument than that for Wentz. 

He’s not Taylor Heinicke.

The TH experience was fine running on thin margins when his lack of offensive output was offset by not handing the other team points and every other sector of the team was playing lights out.

The only argument one needs for going back to Wentz is that he was next man up on the depth chart.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He’s not Taylor Heinicke.

The TH experience was fine running on thin margins when his lack of offensive output was offset by not handing the other team points and every other sector of the team was playing lights out.

The only argument one needs for going back to Wentz is that he was next man up on the depth chart.

Lol ok. We have one of the worst QB situations in the NFL. Can we agree on that? I like TH but think he is a bottom tier NFL QB. VOR calling out Wentz's supposed bright spots are exactly what he argues against for TH. There is a lot more to throwing for 300+ yards and xTDs just like there is a lot more to TH being 5-3-1 as a starter. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Lol ok. We have one of the worst QB situations in the NFL. Can we agree on that? I like TH but think he is a bottom tier NFL QB. VOR calling out Wentz's supposed bright spots are exactly what he argues against for TH. There is a lot more to throwing for 300+ yards and xTDs just like there is a lot more to TH being 5-3-1 as a starter. 

I think VoR’s point is we need more from the position and Wentz is the only one capable of it.  Doesn’t mean he will, just that he can.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think VoR’s point is we need more from the position and Wentz is the only one capable of it.  Doesn’t mean he will, just that he can.

But what about Wentz this year has shown he can? I pray to god he wins the next two games and leads us to the playoffs. I think Wentz is a great dude and would love it but he has played well for about 5 quarters out of 6 games this year.

2 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

But what about Wentz this year has shown he can? I pray to god he wins the next two games and leads us to the playoffs. I think Wentz is a great dude and would love it but he has played well for about 5 quarters out of 6 games this year.

The hope is that with more time in the system, a legitimate running game and a decent defense, he’ll look more like those 5 quarters.

I don’t think it’s a stretch in the least to say that there were a myriad of issues early on in the season - aside from Wentz individually sucking.  No BRob, too many 5 & 7 step drops with relentless interior pressure, little time in the system.

I don’t think anyone is betting the farm on a Wentz resurgence, but it’s the best option we have.

• Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The hope is that with more time in the system, a legitimate running game and a decent defense, he’ll look more like those 5 quarters.

I don’t think it’s a stretch in the least to say that there were a myriad of issues early on in the season - aside from Wentz individually sucking.  No BRob, too many 5 & 7 step drops with relentless interior pressure, little time in the system.

I don’t think anyone is betting the farm on a Wentz resurgence, but it’s the best option we have.

Agree 100%. Just think it's funny how the same people hating on the TH cherry pickers go ahead and cherry pick the Carson Wentz good moments. Carson and TH have not had a full game this year where either has been good for the full game. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just saw an XFL commercial. I wonder if any of the teams are looking for a backup QB because I know a guy who used to be a former XFL backup QB who is going to be looking for a new gig….

Dude...I said this back before the season and will say it again here: do NOT tempt the football gods!! Best and quickest way of seeing Wentz get injured again and Heinicke taking his place is to say stuff like this lol...just say "Thanks, Heinicke, we'll take it from here" and LEAVE IT!! lol

Now I gotta cleanse this thread of any bad mojo...

possessed the exorcist GIF

• Haha 2

Jay on Standigs last podcast. Lamented losing Kirk towards the end of his tenure implied he (Jay) might still be here if he didn’t leave.  Classified Carr as a player in a similar strata. Said he would pursue Carr if he were Washongtton, salary be damned.

He believes Carr is a better player than Wentz but would give Wentz a shot at the end of this season like they are doing to prove himself and if he dies than ride with Wentz. 

Doesn’t surprise me.  Jay has raved about Carr previously so ho all out to get him, fits that theme. In a previous podcast he was shooting down other potential options for the team at QB, while stressing the value of continuity at that spot 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You’re cherry picking here. He was ****ing awful. And I’m not saying that to prop up TH, he sucked too. 

And it goes further than just stats, the team played like a bunch of cast off losers too when he was under center. 

I’m excited to watch Wentz take snaps and immediately drift and bail all day because he’s so mentally fragile that he will never climb the pocket again in his career. 

He ain’t the guy. Next.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

You’re cherry picking here. He was ****ing awful. And I’m not saying that to prop up TH, he sucked too. 

And it goes further than just stats, the team played like a bunch of cast off losers too when he was under center. 

I’m excited to watch Wentz take snaps and immediately drift and bail all day because he’s so mentally fragile that he will never climb the pocket again in his career. 

He ain’t the guy. Next.

possessed the exorcist GIF

• Haha 3