Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Llevron said:

You know what else is a straightforward concept that happens ALL the time in media? All publicity is good publicity. You didnt even know these dudes existed yesterday. You know im right. It makes just as much sense as damage control over a ****ing emoji lol 

Again, I don't see potentially costing your client millions of dollars and draft spots as "good publicity". But maybe you have a much different definition of "good" than I do.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Then the question becomes why he picked a small-time agent who clearly doesn't have the best judgment.

We know staffs care about who's in these kids circles. The mom and the agent are not going anywhere. How will they guide Jayden when things go poorly? We all remember RG3 and to a lesser extent Haskins (RIP) as well. It's a concern.

Don't know.  Picking a bad agent, assuming he's bad isn't a red flag for me.  Agents can and are replaced.  Now his mom is a different story.  I would try to vet that out in interviews.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean yall dont see how the "FAKE NEWS" in the middle of this was 100% to get attention? They are all over ESPN and yall think it was cause he didnt know people would notice? Stop 

It’s not a good thing to be known for as a player agency so it doesn’t quite make sense as an attention-seeking maneuver. It is definitely not an “all airtime is good airtime” business 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I now officially have diva concerns about Daniels.

Agreed. 

feels like he wanted to be romanced. 

instead he ended up on a weird episode of the bachelor: top golf edition and didnt know how to handle other people being in the room. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I started my entertainment career at a talent agency and a famous TV agent once told me "all you have in this town are your taste and your word".

What you are saying is flat-out wrong I will trust my decade of experience in a similar business on this matter. But you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

We dont have to argue over it. You know the agency now right? Did you know them last week? Its that simple 

Just now, illone said:

Agreed. 

feels like he wanted to be romanced. 

instead he ended up on a weird episode of the bachelor: top golf edition and didnt know how to handle other people being in the room. 

Thats exactly what its like actually lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Llevron said:

Explain the damage. Cause right now you have to be telling me that he is possibly going #2 over all and that his agents tweet messed that up. You really believe all of that? 

If the Commanders FO is really turned off by the way the Daniels camp is acting and think it could indicate possible character concerns that they don't want in their locker room? And they have Maye graded pretty close to equally? Of course it could happen. Hell, the Pats could even be turned off by it and he could fall. Maybe they'd see it as a possible red flag and go with McCarthy. Who knows. 

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And of course you think it's a nothing burger, you basically joined this site to cheer for Jayden Daniels.  :ols:

I think it's a nothing burger. What's my angle?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

RG3 was supposedly a class guy too, but we eventually found out he wasnt.

The red flags were there with RG3 its just most of us choose to ignore them.  I recall one of the Baylor coaches on Sheehan at the time defending the idea that teammates don't have to like RG3.  And there was another story predraft about RG3 having a big ego and some saw him as a diva.

Daniels seems like a very different cat from RG3.  But I do have some concerns about the agent but more so his mom.

The issue with the agent is now its become this national story.  And since the agent is being questioned -- human nature seems to be to double down on a behavior so who knows what happens next on this front?  :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, Llevron said:

We dont have to argue over it. You know the agency now right? Did you know them last week? Its that simple 

Shedeur Sanders talking to Quinn Ewers next year:

SS: "Hey man, this draft process is crazy. You picked an agent yet?"

QE: "Talking to a few. Some big guys like Athletes First, Don Yee's shop, but also some smaller ones. Hey Ron Butler at Agency 1 hit me up."

SS: "Jayden's guy? Wasn't he the one tweeting about the Commanders draft process that cause a lot of drama? I definitely wouldn't go with him."

QE "Yeah there's so much craziness going on already, don't need to add to it."

Before I signed with my agents, I called around to get info on their reputations. I did my homework. This is not an "any publicity is good publicity" business. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall are easily played. All they need is one new athlete or parent to see their names and remember them next time around and its worth it. Dude is going #2 or #3 overall most likely and now yall cant stop talking about his agency. Its free publicity and I guarantee not one team cares about this guys agent if they think he is that talented 

I thought the same thing earlier in the thread. Why would he care if goes 2nd or 3rd? He sure doesn't care. After all the **** this kid has been through, he is just happy to be here. I have never, until now, heard anything regarding character concerns. Geez it is almost like a re-run of Williams and his mother.  Bring on the draft.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Shedeur Sanders talking to Quinn Ewers next year:

SS: "Hey man, this draft process is crazy. You picked an agent yet?"

QE: "Talking to a few. Some big guys like Athletes First, Don Yee's shop, but also some smaller ones. Hey Ron Butler at Agency 1 hit me up."

SS: "Jayden's guy? Wasn't he the one tweeting about the Commanders draft process that cause a lot of drama? I definitely wouldn't go with him."

QE "Yeah there's so much craziness going on already, don't need to add to it."

Before I signed with my agents, I called around to get info on their reputations. I did my homework. This is not an "any publicity is good publicity" business. 

@Llevron You keep doing this like there's a possibility you're right and I think the only reason you're invested in that possibility is because of your feelings on the QB involved.  And it's totally legit to say you don't think this will affect the pick itself.  Or that you think the team and the agents will patch it up if need be.  But to act like you know better than someone who just talked to you from a place of expertise in entertainment is some kind of ego, dude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s not a good thing to be known for as a player agency so it doesn’t quite make sense as an attention-seeking maneuver. It is definitely not an “all airtime is good airtime” business 

I haven't had a strong opinon on this one way or another.  And Keim saying he knows someone close to Daniels who told him that this team and Minny is where he wants to play.

But....

Listening to this discussion on talk radio my concern is where does this go next?  The agent is really being taken to task.  And from my experience in my job when my clients are getting bad public PR their first instinct is to double down on it by responding and in turn digging a bigger hole  So be interesting what the agent does next?   It wouldn't surprise me that if the agent had a small beef with this team before, that beef has gotten bigger.  So wonder if more drama unfolds. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It is exhausting to keep up with this thread.

Can the draft come already?

I know it's crazy, you go and grab something to eat and when you get back there's 3 new pages, and you're thinking how the hell is that possible. 

Hopefully we don't have to go through this for another 15 years or so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I know it's crazy, you go and grab something to eat and when you get back there's 3 new pages, and you're thinking how the hell is that possible. 

Hopefully we don't have to go through this for another 15 years or so.

Dude. I went to the movies the other night and the Daniels' agent thing happened. I wish it was three pages I missed out on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Dude. I went to the movies the other night and the Daniels' agent thing happened. I wish it was three pages I missed out on.

Same thing, I went to bed early and woke up in the morning to like 15 new pages.

My head was racing with thoughts of something shocking having gone down and 15 pages later I was , yup should have known better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brilliant move by GMAP and staff to ruffle the jimmies a little bit here right at the end of the process. 

Expect nothing, ready for anything. 

What’s also interesting is that the other 21 players that showed up that night are NOT in the news, or at least their agents instructed them correctly to roll with the punches and stay frosty even if they didn’t agree with the move. 

Part of being a professional at literally any job is adapting to change. Jayden kinda tipped his hand a little here that he isnt mentally tough enough to adapt to a small change in venue, no less a much more costly change like a blitzing corner or linebacker. 

• Like 2