Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think there’s anything to build with from any of the higher profile free agent quarterbacks. 

I agree, which is why I'd take someone who is simply better than Trubisky. I think Mariota, Winston, Tyrod, Bridgeovertroubledwater, and our entire QB chart is better than Trubisky is or ever will be. I put Trubisky in the same camp as the Geno we know from the Jets. I'm sure looking that looking at him making the playoffs, it sounds like I'm overly harsh, but I truly do think that Trubisky is so erratic that he gives no value at all. He could see a man wide open 10 yards down the field and his pass would sail 5 feet over the man's head into the sidelines.

Edited by NickyJ

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What have we got to lose by trading for DeShaun Watson?

3 first round draft picks (and probably more).

Credibility as an organization that's already been racked by sexual harassment scandals and is attempting to change its culture and perception around the league.

Giving away the farm for a QB that might not even be able to play, depending on the result of his legal cases and the NFL's response.

Watson isn't going to come here anyway. I think there's about a 1% chance that we're on his short list of teams.

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

3 first round draft picks (and probably more).

Credibility as an organization that's already been racked by sexual harassment scandals and is attempting to change its culture and perception around the league.

Giving away the farm for a QB that might not even be able to play, depending on the result of his legal cases and the NFL's response.

Watson isn't going to come here anyway. I think there's about a 1% chance that we're on his short list of teams.

Watson won't cost three first round picks and certainly not if there is any question about his availability to play.

In all seriousness, why would we be competitively disadvantaged by the optics of a player's past?  I get the disadvantage if his past makes him unavailable to play, but if not, where is the handicap?  No team is competitively bound by a nebulous concept of "credibility" when it comes to their players' morality.

I understand caution regarding Trubisky...he has a history of inconsistency. It was mostly due to not being able to read defenses well and poor protection causing some poor decision making.

He is a reclamation project like pretty much all the QB's that will be available that are not named Rodgers or Wilson (or Watson).

What he does have is all the tools which made him one of the top picks in 2017 - arm strength, size, mobility, athleticism

By going to Buffalo as a backup it is giving him a reboot. sit behind a definitive starter that was like him coming out of college. He has no pressure to perform and gets to learn from an organization that has a history of developing a QB. That same staff is high regarded by RR to the point he has sat down numerous times with them talking culture and football futures.

McDermott and RR respect each other a great deal. I am certain if SM gives RR good words on Mitch's attitude and ability it will have great weight.

Mariota and Bridgewater would be a good option but neither seems to stay healthy. some of the other options out there will cost draft picks to bring them in. I'd rather they give Mitch a shot and bring in a first rounder. Let the two battle each other

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Watson won't cost three first round picks and certainly not if there is any question about his availability to play.

In all seriousness, why would we be competitively disadvantaged by the optics of a player's past?  I get the disadvantage if his past makes him unavailable to play, but if not, where is the handicap?  No team is competitively bound by a nebulous concept of "credibility" when it comes to their players' morality.

He won't cost three firsts?  Stafford, drafted in 2009, cost two firsts, a third, and a quarterback.  I can't imagine less than three firsts plus a legit player or two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

He won't cost three firsts?  Stafford, drafted in 2009, cost two firsts, a third, and a quarterback.  I can't imagine less than three firsts plus a legit player or two.

Stafford and Watson would have the same worth except for one small difference. Watson might be going to prison or effectively barred from the NFL for life without playing another down.

But other than that, yeah, totally the same value.

Edited by NickyJ

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Stafford and Watson would have the same worth except for one small difference. Watson might be going to prison or barred from the NFL for life.

Watson, barring the whole prison thing, would be eight years (?) younger and more made for today's NFL.  I don't like the guy, where there's smoke there's fire, but Watson is objectively a much more enticing trade target.

40 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Stafford and Watson would have the same worth except for one small difference. Watson might be going to prison or effectively barred from the NFL for life without playing another down.

Im curious as to if there are any criminal charges filed against them so far not right? You would think with everything thats come out they had the evidence to charge him with crimes

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Sure we can.  What we can't do without is a QB.

Some teams never win one, some never win one again.  None of then will be as radioactive as us if we do that.  Snyder forces that down Rivera's throat and he resigns, them what?  That's a man that said no one would treat his daughter like some of the mess that was going on before he got there, you really think he'll be on board with that?

Edited by Renegade7

Trubisky made the pro bowl his second year.  How does he not have potential?  He is big, strong, and athletic.  I remember when the Bears killed us on Monday night a couple years ago.  I was very impressed with Trubisky.  If I'm the GM I'm bringing in Trubisky on a 2 year deal and trading back this draft.  He has the arm strength to run this offense and be competitive.    

17 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Trubisky made the pro bowl his second year.  How does he not have potential?  He is big, strong, and athletic.  I remember when the Bears killed us on Monday night a couple years ago.  I was very impressed with Trubisky.  If I'm the GM I'm bringing in Trubisky on a 2 year deal and trading back this draft.  He has the arm strength to run this offense and be competitive.    

That’s a great way to drive what’s left of the fan base away for good.  This is NOT what we want to have happen this coming offseason.  Just draft a Goddammed QB in the 1st round for Christ’s sake.  If you get Trubisky, you also need to draft a QB, so Trubisky can be a veteran mentor.

28 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

What would Trubinsky cost us?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Some teams never win one, some never win one again.  None of then will be as radioactive as us if we do that.  Snyder forces that down Rivera's throat and he resigns, them what?  That's a man that said no one would treat his daughter like some of the mess that was going on before he got there, you really think he'll be on board with that?

I'm presupposing Rivera would be the one deciding to bring Watson in if we did because he's in charge of player personnel.  I absolutely do not think Dan Snyder has the power to make Rivera choose a QB he doesn't want.  I don't think he would even try.

I'm just objecting to the idea that, if Watson is available, then he's untouchable for us in particular because of optics.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm presupposing Rivera would be the one deciding to bring Watson in if we did because he's in charge of player personnel.  I absolutely do not think Dan Snyder has the power to make Rivera choose a QB he doesn't want.  I don't think he would even try.

As long as he has the power to fire him, he has the power to override him.  Forcing QBs down coaches throats is his mo, yes, he would do that heading into year three with no QB and a cratering fanbase. 

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm just objecting to the idea that, if Watson is available, then he's untouchable for us in particular because of optics.

This can get tailgaty very fast, I disagree with you, should we drop this?

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really don't see the benefit of replacing Heinicke with Tribusky. Maybe have a competition but I don't see either one as that much better. Says bring him in if you think he's better than a rookie but I'd rather stay with Taylor

I think sometimes I watch different games than many of you.

Sometimes I think I’m the one losing it. Sometimes I think it’s you guys. 

Trubisky was no where near as awful as many make him. Having said that, he also didn’t show any real signs he could hang as a franchise guy… hence why the Bears cut ties. He just didn’t seem to show up in big moments and had a few too many big mistakes. But Nagy… and the Bears.

image.png.7ce44df47d31da65d7c54927f1c839df.png

image.png.2da02b0b494036d64c8fe35daa624cc7.png

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

I think sometimes I watch different games than many of you.

Sometimes I think I’m the one losing it. Sometimes I think it’s you guys. 

Trubisky was no where near as awful as many make him. Having said that, he also didn’t show any real signs he could hang as a franchise guy… hence why the Bears cut ties. He just didn’t seem to show up in big moments and had a few too many big mistakes. But Nagy… and the Bears.

I was for bringing him in, and kinda still am, but he doesn't have that competitive edge to bring you back into a game. It's what's frustrating about him. He has the tools but just I don't see the fire. If rather have Heinicke's fire and draft a Willis.