Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And for *that* reason, I'm out.

86 Snyder

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I enjoy the debacle right now for what it is. I don’t get mad anymore. It’s like watching a Naked Gun movie. It’s a comedy of errors and the best way to endure it is to treat it as such. I understand why people would want to bail and if I could I would. My father and I bond over the hilarity of how things just continue getting worse.

I need to get here.

My son and I still yell every time there's a blatant hold and check the clock to see just how many onside kicks we need to recover to come back and I still can't flip over to RedZone until the damn game is over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I need to get here.

My son and I still yell every time there's a blatant hold and check the clock to see just how many onside kicks we need to recover to come back and I still can't flip over to RedZone until the damn game is over. 

It’s therapeutic to laugh. Just try to imagine that any misery you feel Dan also feels. Don’t kid yourself into thinking he doesn’t care. He hates losing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me, one of the things I was really looking forward to when I became a father was enjoying Redskins games with my kids.  The same way I did with my dad.  But this organization and specifically this owner has taken that away from me.  There is no enjoyment.  This organization is a mass collection of LOSERS.  My son wants nothing more than to be like dad and root for Washington, but that is sure to change once he’s old enough to realize this organization is a pathetic laughingstock dumpster fire.  I can actually remember being proud to wear Redskins gear.  When’s the last time anyone here felt that way?  2012? 

• Like 4

I just hate watch this team and take a nap during the games now. I even went to a game

this season and it was a terrible idea. That place is a ****hole.

I should probably find another team to root for. I’m partial to the Chargers, the Titans and Cardinals. Some up and coming teams that haven’t made it over the hump quite yet.

Once upon a time, as a child, I was a Baltimore Orioles fan. Loved Cal Ripken Jr and Brady Anderson. Peter Angelos drove me away. Jumped to the Nationals. I feel like I should do that with the WFT. If I pick another team than I can just move on and not have football be filled with delight over the failure of my favorite team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, this week’s events are about as low as it can get.

I'm not so sure.  I mean, I've seen this sentiment posted on this board so many times before and I've often agreed.  I've thought to myself "Yeah, this has to be the bottom of the barrel."  

And then like clockwork, new levels are discovered.

This week's events have been absolutely terrible.  As low as it can get?  I'm betting not.  

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not so sure.  I mean, I've seen this sentiment posted on this board so many times before and I've often agreed.  I've thought to myself "Yeah, this has to be the bottom of the barrel."  

This week's events have been absolutely terrible.  As low as it can get?  I'm betting not.  

Yeah, he'll do something worse as he gets even more desperate. 

My wife and I watch RedZone now...we still make chili, have drinks, watch FanDuel bets (great parlay yesterday), and follow fantasy. But I only really see what's going on with this team when it's RedZone-worthy. I cut the grass yesterday and actually listened in for a bit while doing that. So, I'm not really boycotting anything...I follow them. I just want them to lose so Snyder isn't rewarded for all the horrible things he's done. 

• Like 3

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah, he'll do something worse as he gets even more desperate. 

My wife and I watch RedZone now...we still make chili, have drinks, watch FanDuel bets (great parlay yesterday), and follow fantasy. But I only really see what's going on with this team when it's RedZone-worthy. I cut the grass yesterday and actually listened in for a bit while doing that. So, I'm not really boycotting anything...I follow them. I just want them to lose so Snyder isn't rewarded for all the horrible things he's done. 

Yeah, the rest of the e-mails haven't come out yet.  If it's not that, it'll be something else.

I can watch other games but I dunno.  It's just not the same.  I haven't played fantasy in years, it was freeing to not **** my pants on a Thursday night because there was Thursday night football on and I hadn't set my lineup yet and left points on the bench.  

I don't think I could actually watch another game that's on at the same time as a WFT game.  I just think I'm going to plan on doing something else next Sunday, record the game and watch it later.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, the rest of the e-mails haven't come out yet.  If it's not that, it'll be something else.

I can watch other games but I dunno.  It's just not the same.  I haven't played fantasy in years, it was freeing to not **** my pants on a Thursday night because there was Thursday night football on and I hadn't set my lineup yet and left points on the bench.  

I don't think I could actually watch another game that's on at the same time as a WFT game.  I just think I'm going to plan on doing something else next Sunday, record the game and watch it later.  

Whatever works for you! I thought it would be much tougher than it's been to not watch them. I do still follow them (clearly) on Twitter and via podcasts, but I find myself so entertained by the meltdowns. As sad as it is and as much as it makes me feel kind of bad, I am ACTIVELY rooting against my childhood team. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I just hate watch this team and take a nap during the games now. I even went to a game

this season and it was a terrible idea. That place is a ****hole.

I should probably find another team to root for. I’m partial to the Chargers, the Titans and Cardinals. Some up and coming teams that haven’t made it over the hump quite yet.

Once upon a time, as a child, I was a Baltimore Orioles fan. Loved Cal Ripken Jr and Brady Anderson. Peter Angelos drove me away. Jumped to the Nationals. I feel like I should do that with the WFT. If I pick another team than I can just move on and not have football be filled with delight over the failure of my favorite team.

I've very casually been following The Titans and browsing their fan forums. If I were to jump ship Titans would be a good team to follow. I just can't see myself quitting the WFT. It's been too long.

Edited by SprintBomb

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Whatever works for you! I thought it would be much tougher than it's been to not watch them. I do still follow them (clearly) on Twitter and via podcasts, but I find myself so entertained by the meltdowns. As sad as it is and as much as it makes me feel kind of bad, I am ACTIVELY rooting against my childhood team. 

I dunno, I haven't felt this way before.  I don't think it'll be tough to not watch them, too.  I think I've passed that entertained by the meltdowns stage a long time ago.  Yesterday was a perfect example...the first half was pretty good, we were in it and I just knew they'd **** it up.  I've seen it so many times before, we all have.  Maybe it was the ST thing, maybe it was that they're just so ****ing bad this year after being decent last year...maybe it's a combination of all those things.  I dunno, I'm just ready to find something else to do on a Sunday afternoon.

I'm actively rooting against them too, in a way.  I want a high draft pick next year.   

• Like 1

Posting on the team’s message  board that you are done means you are not done. You might want to be done but aren’t. 

I am never leaving. I have way too many good memories as a kid. I got engaged on a trip to one of the games and have made my son a die hard fan. So I will continue to watch go to road games and make the best of it. I will absolutely call out the bs here to vent but I can never see myself not being a fan.

The sporadic playoff runs have actually been fun as hell in the moment. Maybe we won’t see sustained success again for a long time but those brief runs are so much fun at the time. That’s probably as good as it’s going to get and it’s not horrible in my opinion. Just being realistic about it.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I meant “the bottom” for me, personally.  I’m certain the franchise itself can sink to lower depths, but using Sean Taylor as a hastily-considered, temporary distraction when the emails are gonna eventually get leaked out there anyway is the final straw for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I meant “the bottom” for me, personally.  I’m certain the franchise itself can sink to lower depths, but using Sean Taylor as a hastily-considered, temporary distraction when the emails are gonna eventually get leaked out there anyway is the final straw for me.

Damn, TTB.  Never thought I'd see the day.  

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Damn, TTB.  Never thought I'd see the day.  

I mean, I haven’t been to a game since the Alex Smith injury game and that was just to entertain friends that were flying in from Austin.  Prior to that, I think I caught a game in 2016…Kirk’s memorable shootout with living legend CJ Beathard.

Like others have said, I get roughly 90% of my WFT viewing from the RedZone channel.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I stopped going to home games since 2013. I went to the Atlanta game this year but only becasue I live here. I have been to a few other away games, mostly in Seattle so you know it's been a while. I stopped buying merchandise long before that and told my family not to buy me anything anymore. I did buy a shirt to wear to the Atl game. But it was a knock-off and was cheap. I played golf during yesterday's game. It's not the first time. Last weekend I went to the botanical gardens since I had family in town. But in previous years we would have had to work around the game. 

What I can't do however is jsut stop watching all together and stop caring. I so wish I could. I am jealous of those I know who have just said **** it and moved on. But I have way too many childhood memories tied to this team that I just can't stop caring. In fact there can be an argument made that the team during the Gibbs years had a big part in turning my life around. So it's just not in me to turn my back on them. 

Will not stop me from calling out bull****, like dan snyder being the biggest POS there is in sports, well at least that I know of. Sadly there is probably worse that are just better about hiding it. I cannot judge anyone who makes the call to move on, as I said I am kind of jealous you can do it. But will never happen with me. 

I just want to know what we did as a fan base to deserve such a completely hideous POS as an owner. We deserve better. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Posting on the team’s message  board that you are done means you are not done. You might want to be done but aren’t. 

I am never leaving. I have way too many good memories as a kid. I got engaged on a trip to one of the games and have made my son a die hard fan. So I will continue to watch go to road games and make the best of it. I will absolutely call out the bs here to vent but I can never see myself not being a fan.

The sporadic playoff runs have actually been fun as hell in the moment. Maybe we won’t see sustained success again for a long time but those brief runs are so much fun at the time. That’s probably as good as it’s going to get and it’s not horrible in my opinion. Just being realistic about it.

That's not true. I'm done rooting for and supporting them...I don't hope they win anymore. But, I'm not done in keeping up with what they are doing and paying attention. I may not like the President of the United States, but I don't stop following things he's doing. 

I have an interest in what the local team and team I grew up loving is doing. It's slowly evolved into an adversarial interest and, over the past couple years, I want them to lose and lose badly so that any shred of doubt is removed that their owner is a POS. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's not true. I'm done rooting for and supporting them...I don't hope they win anymore. But, I'm not done in keeping up with what they are doing and paying attention. I may not like the President of the United States, but I don't stop following things he's doing. 

I have an interest in what the local team and team I grew up loving is doing. It's slowly evolved into an adversarial interest and, over the past couple years, I want them to lose and lose badly so that any shred of doubt is removed that their owner is a POS. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I still follow the news of the team out of morbid curiosity but don't watch the games.  If I'm somewhere and the game is on, I internally root for them to lose.  I don't voice to my friends as many of them are still fans and I'm not the kind of person to rain on anyone's parade.  So I keep it to myself.  But I do take joy in watching Danny Boy's hobby completely fall apart.  It couldn't happen to a "nicer" guy.  When he's gone (never going to happen), I'll start rooting for better things to happen.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 10:49 PM, Renegade7 said:

I see this thread from someone every year, and I still wouldn't feel any kind of way if folks jumped back in at any point, like some did in 2012. 

Theres no doubt in my mind that Snyder doesn't read this forum, or maybe once upon a time did and got angry and never came back.  This "he's a fan" crap has to stop, because if he really was he never would've let Sean Taylor get disrespected like he was this week.

Look, if you want to go, go, I dont blame you, the door should be open when you come back without being called traitors or bandwagoners.  So much damage is being done to this fan base that it is entirely possible that it withers out and dies, we won't live forever, and there's barely if any new blood coming after us.

So go ahead, be free, jus dont **** on the folks who stay like you are smarter then them.  Point those darts where they belong.

Well said. I've just reached the point of watching this team with the lowest of expectations and it doesn't get any more pathetic than that. Even games that look promising for them seem to always end badly. I've been doing it for so long its simply a habit and maybe I'm just perpetually stuck in neutral waiting for the big turn around.

Edited by Monkman56
  • Like 1

Been an avid fan for the last 36 years. The last 10 or so years have been putrid, though.

If anyone is interested, here's my method to avoid losing my mind.

1) I assume the WTF will lose every game. EVERY GAME. Right there, that's taking a huge load off any anger-producing situation.

That's it.

20 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I follow the games on the radio, makes it less frustrating knowing I’m getting other stuff done.

This is brilliant!!!  It'll let me dual wield shot glasses rather than constantly covering my eyes.

...hell...not being able to see disasters and double the amount of liquor might've saved my marriage, maybe it can save my love for the team.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Haha 2