Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Good god, the Eagles are probably going to have 3 ****ing top 10 picks in this upcoming draft.

I do think the Colts are gonna go on a bit of a run and so that pick won't be a top 10. But the Dolphins are absolutely terrible. WTF were they thinking with that trade? Who moves up six spots giving up a future 1 for a non QB? They're lucky they have the 49ers pick still who look bad too.

BTW is it too early to LOL at all the Justin Fields stans? He looks absolutely atrocious early. I can't imagine how badly this fan base would be eviscerating him. He might legit be the worst starting QB in the league right now.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I do think the Colts are gonna go on a bit of a run and so that pick won't be a top 10. But the Dolphins are absolutely terrible. WTF were they thinking with that trade? Who moves up six spots giving up a future 1 for a non QB? They're lucky they have the 49ers pick still who look bad too.

BTW is it too early to LOL at all the Justin Fields stans? He looks absolutely atrocious early. I can't imagine how badly this fan base would be eviscerating him. He might legit be the worst starting QB in the league right now.

Those same Fields lovers will be shilling for Wills

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm a bit concerned this is the only year where he has been good. Every other year he has been unspectacular. He could be a similar to Joe Burrow in a sense that he will have a ton of experience and finally puts it all together. 

On a side note, is there room for a Pickett on this team if we already have Blewitt?

I watched him play against Clemson this weekend and there were a lot of things to like but I agree with your concern.  I am looking forward to see how the rest of the season pans out but right now I think he may be the best QB in next years draft.

45 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Haaaaaaaaaaave you met Zach Wilson?

how i met your mother barney GIF

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Haha 1

• zCommander changed the title to 2022 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #8

I never loved Justin Fields last year though at one point you guys had me in agreement that he was teh clear number 2.  That said when Zach Wilson emerged and Fields struggled against Indiana I was pretty quick to abandon him.   I am a huge Maryland fan so I do follow the Big 10 closely.  I just felt that he so often was throwing to open receivers from a clean pocket.  And that when he did face good defenses, he had mixed results, with some good games and bad games, but overall he seemed to have slow processing--even in his good games against good competition---taking sacks when the pass protection was okay and throwing into coverage too much.  In general I have a bias for NFL ready QB's and tend to prefer traditional pocket passes so I was probably never going to fall in love with Fields, but his struggles have not surprised me.   I didn't like Lance that much either because he felt like a project.  Likewise this year I am skeptical of Wllis.

That said the physical tools on Fields, by which I mean the combo of throwing and running ability, are top 5 in the NFL, so if he does improve his processing he'll be very good.  As a thrower he has a better than average arm and solid ball placement as a runner probably only Lamar Jackson is more dynamic.  But if he doesn't improve his processing, he wont' be good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Darnold stinks. He's basically Dewey Haskins with maybe a little more athleticism.

Put the Eagles in the QB draft list as well. Hurts is atrocious.

Some would call me the leader of Darnold stinks crowd on the board, so no argument from me, but there have been some IMO suckers who keep buying into his "potential".   I just want to have as many teams out of the market for QBs as possible. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, philibusters said:

That said the physical tools on Fields, by which I mean the combo of throwing and running ability, are top 5 in the NFL, so if he does improve his processing he'll be very good.  As a thrower he has a better than average arm and solid ball placement as a runner probably only Lamar Jackson is more dynamic.  But if he doesn't improve his processing, he wont' be good.

No way would I rank his physical tools above Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Dak Prescott, etc. etc.

He's got above average speed but not "omg scare the crap out of me" speed. His release is slow.

I see some of the current QB rookies are being trashed.  I'd give them time, if they stink by the end of next season, then OK.  

I was one of a smallish group of people who liked Mac Jones and spent a lot of time selling him.  I also liked Fields and even more so.  Just because Jones (more pro ready) is playing well and Fields isn't, doesn't mean chapter closed, it's over. 

I am looking at some of the current 2022 Qb picks and none of them hit me yet as ones who with strong certainty hit the ground running.  You likely have to take some lumps initially like all these guys are sans Mac Jones.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Another example of how varied the mock draft types are right now on the QBs, this is Draft Network from just a few minutes ago

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-mock-draft-2022-october-24

Giants

DeMarvin Leal

IDL, Texas A&M

After a strong first season under defensive coordinator Patrick Graham in 2020, the Giants’ defense has been a major disappointment so far in 2021. The struggles come both when defending the run and pass, creating questions about the coaching and talent of the unit. 

DeMarvin Leal would immediately provide a boost to the Giants’ defensive line. He has the versatility to play on the edge or inside with playmaking ability against the run and pass. He’s explosive, powerful, and plays with great technique.

Eagles

Kyle Hamilton

S, Notre Dame

The Eagles are brimming with draft capital and are on track to pick three times in the first round, with all three selections coming in the top 15. Philadelphia has an opportunity to land premier talent and ease the sting of so many draft blunders by Howie Roseman. 

Regardless of position, Kyle Hamilton is arguably the best football player in the rising class. He is a rare blend of size, physicality, athleticism, ball skills, instincts, and versatility. He’s the perfect defensive chess piece to neutralize the pace, space, and creation of mismatches by today’s NFL offenses.

Falcons

Jordan Davis

IDL, Georgia

Atlanta is a team in transition that is taking on a new identity under the direction of Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot. The Falcons can use upgrades at a number of positions and with that in mind, the trenches need to be prioritized. 

Jordan Davis is a tone-setter. His presence in the middle of the defense immediately changes the dynamics of the unit. He’s impossible to move in the run game and he attacks the line of scrimmage with urgency on every snap. He has the ability to make an impact similar to that of Vita Vea in Tampa Bay, which would be welcomed to this Atlanta defense.

Washington

Malik Willis

QB, Liberty

Washington doesn’t have its long-term answer at quarterback on the roster for a team that is otherwise extremely talented. While the top five is too rich for any quarterback in the rising class, No. 8 overall is palatable. 

Malik Willis is the most dynamic quarterback in the rising class. He has the arm talent necessary to access the entire field and he’s lethal with the ball in his hands as a runner. Willis’ physical skill set opens up the Washington offense and gives the team a real chance to create a scheme that is hard to defend when factoring in all the young weapons that are already in place.

9.Eagles

George Karlaftis

EDGE, Purdue

Howie Roseman has always prioritized the defensive end position and even with Josh Sweat signing an extension, the position group has short and long-term questions. If the Eagles do have three first-round picks, there’s a good chance that one of them is used on an edge rusher. 

George Karlaftis is a powerful end that knows how to use his hands and length to reduce pass rush angles, get off blocks, and make plays. He falls in line with what we’ve seen Roseman prefer at the position and he’s putting together an outstanding 2021 season that could find him drafted in this range.

Giants

Kenyon Green

IOL, Texas A&M

For how much general manager Dave Gettleman loves his “hog mollies”, the Giants’ offensive line still needs reinforcements. If the Giants’ season doesn’t turn around, Gettleman may not have the opportunity to fix it but the need remains. 

Kenyon Green is a versatile blocker that has performed at a high level for Texas A&M at both guard and tackle. He’s a physical run blocker and controlled pass blocker with positional flexibility that can help New York get its best five blockers on the field.

Panthers

Charles Cross

OT, Mississippi State

At some point, the Panthers have to get serious about fixing the offensive line. It has been an issue for years with only modest investments made to improve things. Carolina hasn’t picked an offensive lineman in the first round since 2008. Meanwhile the team has featured a different primary starting left tackle in every season since 2013. 

Charles Cross has developed wonderfully at Mississippi State, where his pass blocking ability shines. He has quick feet, good hand placement, and length. He could finally solve the Panthers’ long-standing issues at left tackle.

Jets

Darian Kinnard

IOL, Kentucky

The Jets are in the same position as nearly every team that invests a high first-round pick on a quarterback and that is having the need to fortify the offensive line to give the young passer their best chance to succeed. A year after picking Zach Wilson and Alijah Vera-Tucker, the Jets should continue adding premier offensive line talent to the mix. 

Darian Kinnard is a mountain of a man with elite play strength. He is having a dominant season at right tackle for Kentucky but could also play guard in the NFL. In either case, Kinnard would be a major boost to the right side of the Jets’ offensive line and give the team another building block up front.

Eagles

Andrew Booth Jr.

CB, Clemson

Darius Slay is having a bounce-back year after two down seasons and Steven Nelson has played well but is on an expiring contract. Philadelphia needs to get younger at corner and a prospect like Andrew Booth would provide the Eagles with an immediate answer. 

Booth features an exciting blend of size, speed, ball skills, coverage instincts, physicality, and competitive toughness. He has every trait needed to be a shutdown guy in the NFL, just like he’s been for Clemson.

Bengals

Ahmad Gardner

CB, Cincinnati

Cincinnati has invested in free agent corners in recent years with Mike Hilton and Chidobe Awuzie being hits and Trae Waynes being a flop. The Bengals can get out of Waynes’ deal after the season and create $11 million in cap space. It would be a surprise if they didn’t.

Ahmad Gardner would provide the Bengals with a young and talented option to stabilize a starting job on the outside. He’s a physical defender with elite athleticism and the ability to make game-changing plays on the football.

Steelers

Desmond Ridder

QB, Cincinnati

Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Ben Roethlisberger returned in 2021 which delayed hitting the reset button at quarterback. Fortunately for Pittsburgh, the team used its resources in the 2021 offseason to find young talent at running back, tight end, and the offensive line, which helps create a sound scenario for a new passer to come into. 

Desmond Ridder has been an ascending prospect that is playing his best football. Among the draft-eligible quarterbacks, Ridder checks the most boxes when considering size, arm talent, resume, and athleticism.

Patriots

Garrett Wilson

WR, Ohio State

Mac Jones is the present and future for the Patriots at quarterback. While New England is fairly well set at tight end, running back, and the offensive line, the wide receiver room is still lacking despite hefty contracts given out to Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor in the offseason. 

Garrett Wilson is a do-everything receiver that runs great routes, has dynamic ball skills, features great hands, plays physically, and can win at every level of the field. The Patriots must find a guy like this to pair with Jones to give him his best opportunity to find success.

Broncos

Matt Corral

QB, Ole Miss

It’s clear that neither Drew Lock nor Teddy Bridgewater are long-term answers at quarterback for the Broncos and it’s a shame the team has suffered so many injuries already in 2021. The roster is loaded but between subpar quarterback play and injuries, the Broncos aren’t quite ready to be a playoff team. 

While the Broncos may pursue a veteran quarterback in the offseason, if that doesn’t materialize, Denver will be in the first-round quarterback conversation. Matt Corral is having another strong season for Ole Miss, where his creativity as a playmaker and accuracy continue to shine in Lane Kiffin's offense.

Dolphins

Treylon Burks

WR, Arkansas

Coming off a 10-win season in 2020, the Miami Dolphins are off to a disappointing start in 2021 which brings into question several dynamics within the organization including the general manager, head coach, and quarterback. With potential changes coming at all three critical spots, Miami is a difficult team to project at this point. 

Regardless of whether the Dolphins stick with Tua Tagovailoa or land a passer like Deshaun Watson, the offense needs reinforcements both at wide receiver and the offensive line. With a host of recent draft picks on the offensive line, I would anticipate any upgrades in that department coming in the form of veterans and utilizing draft capital to add to the weaponry. Treylon Burks profiles as an alpha receiver in the NFL that would complement Jaylen Waddle perfectly with his blend of size, speed, and ball skills.

Raiders

Kaiir Elam

CB, Florida

The Raiders have invested two first-round selections on cornerbacks since 2017 but the need to solidify the position remains. With the AFC West including dynamic passing attacks led by Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City and Justin Herbert in Los Angeles, the Raiders must find answers at cornerback. 

Kaiir Elam brings an exciting blend of size, athleticism, ball skills, and physicality to the table. He’s a scheme-versatile talent that could instantly upgrade a premium position that is currently a weakness for the Raiders.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I told everyone I never trust OSU QBs. They just don’t translate well in the NFL. I got ripped back then as simply having post Haskins effects.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Malik Willis is a mid round qb 4-6th who won't be a day 1 starter but could potentially be coached up and eventually ready for the NFL...

I gathered you must have watched a bunch of his games.  I just watched one so I am still forming an opinion.

The only thing I'll say for now, all QBs who can run aren't built alike.   I mentioned that because I saw some associate Willis to Fields' rough start.   Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and Willis are all different cats.  But they all share in common that they are raw and need development.    On first glance Willis is the best runner of those three and it isn't that close alneit all three are dangerous on the move.   But looks to be the more raw passer. But my opinion might change, I need to see 4-5 games.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I gathered you must have watched a bunch of his games.  I just watched one so I am still forming an opinion.

The only thing I'll say for now, all QBs who can run aren't built alike.   I mentioned that because I saw some associate Willis to Fields' rough start.   Trey Lance, Justin Fields, and Willis are all different cats.  But they all share in common that they are raw and need development.    On first glance Willis is the best runner of those three and it isn't that close alneit all three are dangerous on the move.   But looks to be the more raw passer. But my opinion might change, I need to see 4-5 games.

On the same token, it's too early to judge any of these rookie QBs.

They are all struggling. Lawrence is rated lowest among them including: Fields, Wilson, Lance, Davis Mills, Mac Jones.

The only one who is rated halfway decent is Mac and he was the most pro ready coming out. This fanbase doesn't have the patience to develop a guy, but will also get frustrated when a guy like Mac Jones just comes out playing well and then kind of stays at a similar level for his career.

And I understand it. This fanbase has been tortured and just wants to turn it around.

But a Malik Willis would struggle here because of that mentality. Josh Allen would have been burned at the stake after year 1.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

On the same token, it's too early to judge any of these rookie QBs.

They are all struggling. Lawrence is rated lowest among them including: Fields, Wilson, Lance, Davis Mills, Mac Jones.

The only one who is rated halfway decent is Mac and he was the most pro ready coming out. This fanbase doesn't have the patience to develop a guy, but will also get frustrated when a guy like Mac Jones just comes out playing well and then kind of stays at a similar level for his career.

And I understand it. This fanbase has been tortured and just wants to turn it around.

But a Malik Willis would struggle here because of that mentality. Josh Allen would have been burned at the stake after year 1.

Agee.  I have made variations of the same point multiple times including just a few minutes ago on a different thread.  So we are on the same page.

I dont think Rivera cares about fan impatience. Which is exactly what we need here. Dan knows he can't run him out either, because he's too respected and high profile. We have 3 more years with RR at the helm, which gives him plenty of time to turn around a sunk ship.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I dont think Rivera cares about fan impatience. Which is exactly what we need here. Dan knows he can't run him out either, because he's too respected and high profile. We have 3 more years with RR at the helm, which gives him plenty of time to turn around a sunk ship.

It doesn’t matter what Rivera wants. 

Dan is running the show. I’d love to believe Rivera is in full control, but I don’t. Collins being on the field still is a big reason why. One of our worst performing players continues to play and he happens to be a guy Snyder loves. 

And beyond that point, let’s say Rivera WAS 100% in control. It doesn’t matter if he has patience. The media and the fanbase crucifies a player and that player will hear it. Unless that guy has stones made of beskar his confidence will decline and his performance will show it.

Living in the Buffalo market I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that one of the reasons Josh Allen developed (of many… organizational support, organizational confidence, having a plan and sticking to it, hard work, dedication, confidence) was that the fanbase here was absolutely 100% all in on him even when he struggled. People I worked with told me he would be the MVP his second season. They loved him. 

Every time he was seen in public people told him they loved him. Over and over.

Fan impatience isn’t the reason Rivera would pull the plug. But it’s a reason plugs get pulled due to the player’s confidence.

And this is a very real thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It doesn’t matter what Rivera wants. 

Dan is running the show. I’d love to believe Rivera is in full control, but I don’t. Collins being on the field still is a big reason why. One of our worst performing players continues to play and he happens to be a guy Snyder loves. 

And beyond that point, let’s say Rivera WAS 100% in control. It doesn’t matter if he has patience. The media and the fanbase crucifies a player and that player will hear it. Unless that guy has stones made of beskar his confidence will decline and his performance will show it.

Living in the Buffalo market I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that one of the reasons Josh Allen developed (of many… organizational support, organizational confidence, having a plan and sticking to it, hard work, dedication, confidence) was that the fanbase here was absolutely 100% all in on him even when he struggled. People I worked with told me he would be the MVP his second season. They loved him. 

Every time he was seen in public people told him they loved him. Over and over.

Fan impatience isn’t the reason Rivera would pull the plug. But it’s a reason plugs get pulled due to the player’s confidence.

And this is a very real thing.

Collins isn't still playing safety and had his spot changed to LBer even though he's repeatedly refused. Curl took his job. This week, playing exclusively LBer he led the team in tackles. Yes, when he got cute, Rodgers hammered him on it, but he looked good yesterday. He's easily out 3rd best LBer too.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors and RR obviously gave JDR plenty of rope to try his safety rotation out. Didn't work. It's over.

Saying that Collins is proof the week he's demoted is a huge leap.

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Collins isn't still playing safety and had his spot changed to LBer even though he's repeatedly refused. Curl took his job. This week, playing exclusively LBer he led the team in tackles. Yes, when he got cute, Rodgers hammered him on it, but he looked good yesterday. He's easily out 3rd best LBer too.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors and RR obviously gave JDR plenty of rope to try his safety rotation out. Didn't work. It's over.

Saying that Collins is proof the week he's demoted is a huge leap.

He wasn't demoted. He's doing the same things he's been doing all year.

You also ignored the entire second part of my post.