Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

47 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Probably not, after Snyder trades our #1 to the Eagles for Donovan McHurts

We don't do that! We always trade second rounders for Philly QBs. Mind you, Andy Reid is usually associated with heist somehow so maybe we can trade a 2 for Jalen Hurts and just send a fifth to Kansas for the sake of tradition.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

Giants I think will take a QB unless Gettleman is stubborn and decides to double down and refuse to believe that his decision to pick Daniel Jones was a mistake. After this season they'll have to make the decision on whether to pick up his 5th year option or not. Might also depend on the QB talent available in the draft and who they like. I could see this going either way.

If their season keeps going the way it is, Gettleman is likely gone, judging by NY papers. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If their season keeps going the way it is, Gettleman is likely gone, judging by NY papers. 

Yeah that's a good point. Yesterday sounded like a low point so far, with fans booing the team off the field. If a new GM comes in I wonder if it means a new HC as well or if they'll give Judge another couple of years.

That being said, if they bring in a new GM I think that drastically increases the chances that they'll take a QB. Daniel Jones is just not a franchise QB. He'll be a backup somewhere else within a couple of years most likely, and he was basically Gettleman's call. If he gets the boot, Jones is probably done.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I am so jealous of the eagles draft. I really hope they trade with Houston. 

QBs always rise in the draft. Itll be interesting to see how they start to line up. There seems to be a lot of other top end positions teams would need to over look to get one.

And the Giants have two first rounders by giving away Fields to not us because we didn't trade up for him, and we're stuck with absolutely nothing.  So ****ing frustrating.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that's a good point. Yesterday sounded like a low point so far, with fans booing the team off the field. If a new GM comes in I wonder if it means a new HC as well or if they'll give Judge another couple of years.

That being said, if they bring in a new GM I think that drastically increases the chances that they'll take a QB. Daniel Jones is just not a franchise QB. He'll be a backup somewhere else within a couple of years most likely, and he was basically Gettleman's call. If he gets the boot, Jones is probably done.

My take is that Jones should not have been playing yesterday. After he got concussed vs the Cowboys, he was wobbling around. As someone who has had a bad concussion, it is entirely possible that his brain is a bit foggy and the processing isn't great after that hit. Up until yesterday, he had been great at avoiding turnovers. I would not write DJ off yet

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

That whole franchise is about to get nuked from orbit by Mara, and I dont blame him one bit.

I'm perfectly fine with punting on drafting a QB again this season if there isn't a legit one available. You have a 4-5 year window when you draft your QB before you need to pay out the ass for them, so it's best to get the rest of the team set if you want to compete. We have so many damn holes right now, especially at LB/Secondary, that we can take another top 5 pick with a game changer at one of those positions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'll be pulling for Miami because it hurts the Eagles.  We're not making the playoffs.

I mean tie breaker in draft position. 

I'm not talking playoff position in the "picking 9th in the draft" thread the same week we play the Packers dude.  :ols:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I mean tie breaker in draft position. 

I'm not talking playoff position in the "picking 9th in the draft" thread the same week we play the Packers dude.  :ols:

jim-mora-mora.gif

Maybe @NewCliche21was actually talking about paloffs. As we all know, that's a completely different thing.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hurts is atrocious. He is legitimately worse than Heinicke at every aspect of QB-ing.

Dunno...I think they're pretty similar actually, though Hurts is a bigger running threat. He's accounted for 16 overall TDs to Heinicke's 10. They're both good outside the pocket and off-schedule, they both have similar accuracy up and downs (especially from the pocket), and they both have below average NFL arms.

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Damn. I still think we'll win at least 4 more at least, but I really want to be able to pick Hamilton or Dean. Top of the 2nd is a great spot for LBer and FS, assuming we go after QB though.

Just a guess right now but my gut right now is the only way they dedicate their first rounder to another spot outside of QB is one of these two scenarios

A.  Fitz comes back and looks really good

B.  They trade for Matt Ryan.  I think a high 2nd rounder lands Ryan.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just a guess right now but my gut right now is the only way they dedicate their first rounder to another spot outside of QB is one of these two scenarios

A.  Fitz comes back and looks really good

B.  They trade for Matt Ryan.  I think a high 2nd rounder lands Ryan.

I dont want to lose a 2nd for Ryan, but wouldn't hate it. It's probably best case senerio. I'd rather go after Trubinski and draft Howell or Strong in the 2nd. Although either situation does allow us to use that high first on Dean or Hamilton, which makes me happy. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1