Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

You don't see or you hope?

I guess both..lol

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Goff and Hurts going to stop them?  I think almost for sure they shoot for a QB.  

Goff was traded so they might give him more time. Philly has 3 first rounders. They might still try to go after Watson. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zskins said:

Goff was traded so they might give him more time. Philly has 3 first rounders. They might still try to go after Watson. 

Just following national media, draftniks, both teams seem to be expected to be heavy after QB.  But granted right now its speculation so will see.

I think both teams would be nuts not to.  Goff has been bad.  How often do teams with the #1 pick who arguably have a QB need, pass on it?  i do think the Lions end up with the #1 pick but will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

37 minutes ago, zskins said:

I don't see Philly and Detroit taking a QB. 

Based on what? Goff absolutely stinks. They can get out of his contract with little damage after 2022 I believe so they'll draft a guy and let Goff play one more year at most while the young guy gets groomed.

And Hurts is awful too.

50 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lions, Texans, Dolphins(so Eagles really) and Jags are absolutely god awful. They are locks for the top 4. And three of them will be drafting a QB.

We're gonna have a top 5 pick and end up taking like a CB or something.

Detroit is interesting since they’re gonna also have a late first rounder from the Rams. They may be content going for a more sure thing early and grabbing one of the talents but long term projects at the end of the first and have him sit behind Goff for a year. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Based on what? Goff absolutely stinks. They can get out of his contract with little damage after 2022 I believe so they'll draft a guy and let Goff play one more year at most while the young guy gets groomed.

And Hurts is awful too.

The Lions rather get someone that can help Goff instead. They rather roll the dice with Goff and go QB the following year. Like I said before, Philly has 3 1st rounders and they might go after Watson or even go for a QB later in the 1st. 

I think its wishful thinking that the Lions and Eagles skip QB.   I think Houston, Eagles, Lions end up in our way at QB.     It's possible that the Eagles don't use their first #1 on Qb though depending on who else is there.   

The Lions schedule I think help them end up with the first pick.  Easiest games left for them IMO are:  Bears, Denver, Falcons.

The Dolphins (Eagles pick) have the Texans, Jets, Giants, Panthers, Jets in the mix.  I think they can win some of those.

Texans have the Dolphins, Jets, Jaguars in that mix.

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up overtaking either the Texans or the Dolphins with a higher pick.  It would surprise me some if we end up with a higher pick though than both. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Y'all are nuts. You HAVE to have a long term QB in this league. If you don't have one and are picking at or near the top, you take one, unless you just took one last year that is promising(i.e. the Jags with Lawrence).

Or unless you decide to take a "generational" :) DE instead of a QB when you already have three 1st rounders on your DL. This team has drafted TWO QB's in 9 years. It is a clownshow of epic proportions. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Or unless you decide to take a "generational" :) DE instead of a QB when you already have three 1st rounders on your DL. This team has drafted TWO QB's in 9 years. It is a clownshow of epic proportions. 

Actually 3. Don't forget Cousins. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

And Hurts is awful too.

I can see US jumping on Goff if he comes available and there's nothing else available in the draft or free agency. Detroit absolutely will go QB or trade out to someone who will.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

While this year may not have that Luck Manning type of elite QB, it does have some elite defensive players and some WRs who will fly up the board. Teams picking around us all also have several needs and some have multiple picks. There is no reason for say the Eagles to pick a Pickett at 3, when Hamilton or Stingly are available and Pickett should be available in the middle of round 1. That's the best thing about this draft for us. Elite skill position players who will move up.

• Like 1

The team will end up drafting the best clipboard carrying QB that would not ever start for any other team in the NFL and the coaching staff will say it is a steal. 

Or better yet, the team will trade away potential for yet another broken down quarterback on the back end of their career and call that trade a transcendental shift in front office thinking. 

While everyone else will either be laughing or scratching their collective heads. 

Either way, it will not pan out or they will break a leg and their season, and career will be over......literally. 

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Butchie_T said:

The team will end up drafting the best clipboard carrying QB that would not ever start for any other team in the NFL and the coaching staff will say it is a steal. 

Or better yet, the team will trade away potential for yet another broken down quarterback on the back end of their career and call that trade a transcendental shift in front office thinking. 

While everyone else will either be laughing or scratching their collective heads. 

Either way, it will not pan out or they will break a leg and their season, and career will be over......literally. 

I do think some of this stuff ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy....to whatever extent you believe in that sort of thing. I felt that way with Griffin and I have felt that way since. We tend to talk ourselves into a 'nothing will ever work out' type of mentality and I really do think it makes it way to the players.  

9 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Gonna end up with a top 6 pick and still stuck behind possibly 3 teams taking a QB.

Chargers found Herbert, Pats found Mac Jones, Chiefs found Mahomes, Packers found Rodgers.  You don't need the Number 1 pick to get a good QB.. And who are the 3 teams? Houston is the only one I see that really needs a QB. If Miami is in the market for one that's beyond hilarious since they had so many draft picks the last couple years, Detroit has needs everywhere but if they need QB. I mean fine.

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Use the Rams model.... draft picks are just too hit or miss.

I used to think it was dumb, now the Rams are the top NFC team

The Rams are already contenders. Its fine to give up picks for established vets to help you get over the hump but we aren't even at that level yet. We still need to build up the roster.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Rams are already contenders. Its fine to give up picks for established vets to help you get over the hump but we aren't even at that level yet. We still need to build up the roster.

This isn't new. They've continuously done this to get better. Stafford, Ramsey, Miller, etc.

19 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Chargers found Herbert, Pats found Mac Jones, Chiefs found Mahomes, Packers found Rodgers.  You don't need the Number 1 pick to get a good QB.. And who are the 3 teams? Houston is the only one I see that really needs a QB. If Miami is in the market for one that's beyond hilarious since they had so many draft picks the last couple years, Detroit has needs everywhere but if they need QB. I mean fine.

Pukes also got Dak. I know you don’t need the #1 pick. However in what is widely regarded as an average looking draft for QBs, the chance of striking lucky outside of the very top of the draft must be diminished.

Detroit,  Houston and Philly, with Miami’s pick, would be my guess at 3 teams. Could see the Giants also looking if they change GM on the back of another poor season.