Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The ATL Birds That Need A Bath Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1375467994_ScreenShot2021-10-03at4_25_38PM.thumb.png.d8354ef598aff9fab283fcbf28b084e4.png

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

The defense played poorly.  But to their defense, I saw two of the worst calls in years.  The Holcombe fumble recovery that got called back and the roughing the passer.  Those were game changing plays and absolute terrible reffing.  

Just saw that refs in the cowboys panthers game called forward progress was being stopped after the cowboys TE fumbled. Guess it doesn’t happen to just us 

Poor Falcons fans, they're taking it a lot better than I thought they would. They're also painfully honest:

Matt Ryan has 350+ career passing TDs, 9 straight 4000 yard seasons, holds every major Falcons passing record and when we need to run the clock out they put the game in the hands of their RB who struggled to move the ball forward for the entire game besides his one TD catch. 2 rushes up the middle and then a screen pass on 3rd and long was some of the most conservative Mike Smith style of bull**** football that I have EVER seen. And to round it out, the entire Falcons defense made Taylor Heinicke look like Pat ****ing Mahomes when he breaks a Dante Fowler sack and completes a TD to Terry McLaurin who's absolutely getting molested by TJ Green. Oh and don't forget about 3 ****ing dropped picks by the defense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

JP Finlay just said he puts the defense struggles on position coaches.  Said the line looked so much better today.

I think they need to do more inside stunts with Young, and force him  OT to always try a big, looping speed rush which just runs himself out of the play.

I think they broke the secondary by trying to do too much with the position flex stuff and Buffalo nickel. They’re trying to work so many guys in, I think they’ve sub-optimized everything. 

They’re also trying to scheme around absolutely horrendous LB play.

36 minutes ago, Redd said:

He's putting up ducks and you know it.  Almost interceptions and our receivers are batting them away.  Lucky.

He doesn’t have an NFL arm. 

But he is getting away with some stuff now.  

But he’s REALLY close to a disastrous 4 INT game.  

Though, I want to see how he improves. he’s still barely played snd is still learning.

33 minutes ago, dunfer said:

why is sanchez an announcer and so anti washington. Cooley knows more about the qb postion than him and is much more enjoyable to listen to

Cooley was offered a Fox job but turned it down,  in the end, Cooley is inherently lazy. Which is fine.  But he didn’t want to travel.  So he stuck with radio fir the Skins and now he’s a volunteer coach for Wisconsin HS football.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Cooley was offered a Fox job but turned it down,  in the end, Cooley is inherently lazy. Which is fine.  But he didn’t want to travel.  So he stuck with radio fir the Skins and now he’s a volunteer coach for Wisconsin HS football.  🤷‍♂️

yeah, majority of cooley quotes about his playing days make him seem highly intelligent, but using that intelligence to do the least amount of work.

Would be sweet to see him on a nationwide broadcast....if only he hadnt saved his money

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Was that Humphries' first catch of the year?  Seemed like it.  Pretty big one!

No. He also had a massive (similar) play in the NYG come from behind game too...  catch, get out of bounds.  (though today, he shouldve stayed in bounds... not to be too picky)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But he is getting away with some stuff now.  

But he’s REALLY close to a disastrous 4 INT game.  

If your not going to have a cannon arm, you simply can not double down and rely on off platform throws, and TH reverted back to that playstyle hard today.

Luckily, somebody dipped ATLs defenders' hands in stone before the game so we didn't get burned.

Biggest thing for him is to get back to consistent throwing motions. Can't lob up prayers 3 times a drive.

If he sets his feet he can deliver a ball with a good bit of juice, but he only ever seems to set his feet on those one step drops. Dude does not have horrific mechanics when he uses them, he just seems intent not to use them at all.

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This team is going nowhere and Rivera isn’t holding them accountable. They’re still the same entitled dummies they have been, thinking they’re better than they are and deserving of some kind of success. 

young crew. Rivera really cant hold them accountable(whos he going to replace them with). the LBs and Backs know its become a nfl starter or find another job at this point

Edited by dunfer