Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

I do for the first time ever think that if Rivera were to not work out, as long as Wright and his side of the FO was left intact, we might actually see the first real, thorough GM/HC search this team has ever conducted that leads to an innovative and deserving regime rather than one hand-picked before the process even started.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Ron but I do think this team needed to be humiliated. Way too much bravado from the players before the season and too many players along with Rivera himself were shrugging off the defense performance thus far. 

Ron can get temperamental when he gets upset, I think we are about to see that version of him and I think we need it 

Ron is done. He's loved by the NFL. He doesn't mess with either coordinator. Has 2 GMs. Beating cancer was his victory lap, which isn't a knock. He's got Gibbs II vibes now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ve been watching in silence. Heinicke is pressing now and that’s not his game. 

Our D is frustrated. I’m watching Young yelling with Del Rio… Not for nothing, Young has been a no show, again, against a relatively mediocre front.

As much as our DL is disappointing, though, I’m embarrassed that our former LB HC and DC can’t see how bad our backers are. 

Going to be a long year. 

It seems clear to me that the players hate the scheme on defense.  These guys can tell they arent being put in a position to succeed.  That's why it looks and feels like they are going through the motions...because they are.  Something has to give here.