Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We’ve been very lucky in pretty much every game hes played that they haven’t went the other way.  They eventually will.

Yeah I know some have said it’s silly to worry about him throwing picks. But when I watched him in practice in camp he threw  picks. In games so far he hasn’t exactly looked mistake proof on that front.

Overall I like Heinicke but it’s a short sample and I can’t say I have no worries about him moving forward, I still got some.  

He’s played though I think Ok considering circumstances today.  It’s clearly the defense laying an egg that has made this game lopsided 

The D-line isn't performing that well, but I still think the main issue is with the pass coverage.  There have been plenty of times where Allen is chased out of the pocket, throwing back across his body into the middle of the field, all things a coach will tell a QB not to do, but WFT's secondary seems to have zero awareness of this and is never close to a WR.   Everyone seems to be wide open every time whether they are running or standing there like a statue.  Where is the anticipation and awareness.  There should be opportunities for pass break ups or even INTs when Allen is doing this, but the secondary and linebackers seem to have zero ability.

Also, who is our D-line coach?  They need to get on Chase Young about running himself around and out of the pocket every single time.  He is actually beating the blocker on most plays if you watch, but the problem is because the middle of the D-line is not pushing the QB backwards, Chase is running to an empty place and the QB recognizes this and just moves up a couple yards to the vacated space to buy more time to pass the ball.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

He landed in bounds not an issue with his hand

now his two handed push off .

it’s the 3 push off for Buffalo not called

The way I saw it, he got one foot down in bounds and the next thing to hit the ground was his hand with it partially out of bounds, before his elbow hit in bounds. If you get a chance take another look. I am not recording it.

• Like 1

Just now, ggarriso said:

another lazy performance by chase overrated young - and to think we could have had a great qb like justin herbert

Hey man.  Its absolutely not laziness.  If you want to talk scheme and assignments,  I'm with you.  If you want to talk having the tools to beat your guy in a one on one then I'm excited!    But no.. its not from being lazy.

Our points are flukes.  Outside of like 3 plays this is one if the most embarrassing mismatches I've ever seen.  

Our defense is NOTHING.  Rush 4, no pressure, lbs sit and wait, first down.  You HAVE to do something different and you should have an hour ago. 

Without defense, this is a 3 or 4 win team, with this schedule and no matter how much you like Heineke.  I almost don't care.  Need a QB.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m still fine letting him chuck it around for us this year, and he’s fun.

But I am so sick of reading the people who can’t look at it objectively say that Heinicke’s arm isn’t limiting. It very obviously is, and when he plays best is when he can play around that issue. He can still have success, I’m just sick of people pointing out that not every great QB needs to have an arm like Stafford or Favre. We know, but what we’re seeing is going to continue to be a problem for him unless his decision-making and anticipation are pristine. 

Any time he has to throw to a sideline, it’s a coin flip.

really scary. 

I like him and think he can play but he’ll always be limited. 

• Like 1