Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

4 hours ago, srtman04 said:

Why are we talking about kickers in a Defense thread?  Lol....back on topic.....seriously I keep asking this but I continue to be perplexed at this.  What the **** happend to cause our defense to fall so much?   These are young, strong players,  not players at the end of their careers for the most part.   Not washed up talent......and they were good just last year.    Why the **** did they regress from 2nd overall all the way to 28th????  

One word.....scheme. 

We are giving receivers free releases all day long and it's easy pickins for these good QB's we're facing. Daniel Jones had his career day against us, Matt Ryan lit us up and Herbert picked us apart like it was pitch and catch. Josh Allen had 5 TD's against us.

We don't blitz, we don't jam receivers and we can't cover anyone. How do our players not speak up and demand change? We should be stunting, moving these linemen around looking for mismatches and blitzing more. 

Also, Collins looks like a disaster at safety from what I see....We need to get him out of there and pair Curl with someone more athletic.

JDR looks like he's still in his offseason; either that or he's coaching scared with a ton of talent in his defense. Makes no sense. 

Bring the house and jam the receivers....let the chips fall where they may. The results might surprise old JDR.

• Like 2

Sucks to say it, but losing Bostic may be addition by subtraction.  Coverage skills were very lacking.  Gives Jamin a chase to prove his metal.  The secondary is a disaster and the coaches' refusal to bench certain players is killing them right now and it's going to continue to cost them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Negatory Ghostrider, he's physically more done than Bostic was.

Wow, really? Doesn't seem that long ago that he was a pretty good playmaker for Dallas. Of course, there's gotta be a reason they cut him outright mid-season, after all. But could he really be worse than what we're dealing with here?

22 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Dear god GO SIGN HIM

STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!! He’s absolutely terrible now. There is a reason they are eating 7.2 million to just release him now.

Gaudy stays, declined play, horrible attitude. Not the same guy from two years ago. We can’t wait to see Vander Esch go as well next season 

Edited by DeMarco Murray 29
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!! He’s absolutely terrible now. There is a reason they are eating 7.2 million to just release him now.

Gaudy stays, declined play, horrible attitude. Not the same guy from two years ago. We can’t wait to see Vander Esch go as well next season 

Wow. And I remember being very jealous of your LB corps so recently. What happened to those guys?

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Wow. And I remember being very jealous of your LB corps so recently. What happened to those guys?

Changing of the guards it seems lol. A few years back it looked like LVE and Smith would be Pro Bowlers year in and out.

Injuries on Vander Esch have slowed him down. Smith just hasn’t recovered from his injury. He’s slow, doesn’t cover well and is the master of the 12 yard downfield tackle.

Neal is a Quinn guy, LVE will start and we also drafted Jabril Cox who should play some. Parsons is pretty much doing everything on the field except throwing passes lol.

If you turn on any film of Smith, it’s comical how bad he is.

Edited by DeMarco Murray 29
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Changing of the guards it seems lol. A few years back it looked like LVE and Smith would be Pro Bowlers year in and out.

Injuries on Vander Esch have slowed him down. Smith just hasn’t recovered from his injury. He’s slow, doesn’t cover well and is the master of the 12 yard downfield tackle.

Neal is a Quinn guy, LVE will start and we also drafted Jabril Cox who should play some. 

If you turn on any film of Smith, it’s comical how bad he is.

Jeez. Not For Long, indeed.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trapasso who is typically more of a draft guy than a pro guy stressing the secondary struggles.  So did a PFF guy on a radio show today 

Yep; quick game has been killing us since Tampa.  I'm sure the coaches and FO were aware and tried to upgrade the secondary.  Not enough obviously.  Start bringing up guys from the PS if you have to.  Even if it just pushes the better players.  And for God sakes keep Collin off the field!  Do it for him for pity's sake!  He's getting victimized out there.  It's almost cruel now.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Ok you tried and obviously failed at finding info, I would suggest starting with the link in my sig.

From football experts, ex players and every reports, Del Rio is nowhere near as a Vanilla guy. His scheme are complex. And basing your opinon of a complex scheme on what you see on TV is not what I would call a great overview of the complexity of the scheme. Complexity might imply lots of IF.. THEN... THAT... within it.

That vaunted D camed especially from guys like Sweat, Young or Collins boasting they were gonna crush everyone in front of them.

This alone to me, puts all the blame on them. You guys played it ****y saying you were elite and stuff. And you're getting torched on any given sunday? No way, that's on them and nobody else.

Also, history in every sport will tell you that firing a HC/DC/OC midseason just almost never works and most likely fizzles. People wants to do this to try to provide a spark, but that just what it does: provide a spark and stops here.

Why? Because players still sucks in the end, and you're not gonna make horses out of donkeys.

Ok. You saying that the players were totally responsible for the preseason hype, tells me all I need to know. The media hype train on the defense was full speed as well.

You’ve had 2 separate opportunities to factually correct me in what I and MANY, MANY others are seeing every weekend. You’ve obviously failed.

Let’s just agree to disagree. You keep believing it’s all on the players and I’ll keep believing that ALL parties involved have their own issues that need to be corrected, including the coaches.

47 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

This was my first thought. I didn't know about being a malconcent (but honestly, picking up "questionable character" guys is Jerry's thing) but I figured the knee was done, probably bone on bone at this point. Releasing him now, well it's GOT to be bad.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, skinzdar55 said:

Ok. You saying that the players were totally responsible for the preseason hype, tells me all I need to know. The media hype train on the defense was full speed as well.

You’ve had 2 separate opportunities to factually correct me in what I and MANY, MANY others are seeing every weekend. You’ve obviously failed.

Let’s just agree to disagree. You keep believing it’s all on the players and I’ll keep believing that ALL parties involved have their own issues that need to be corrected, including the coaches.

Media are just relaying what they hear or told.

Anyway, that's not because you or others are claimoring out loud your views with no arguments instead of eye testing that you're right.

Agree to disagree? Since the beginning you doesn't seem to want to have a fair talk about it, so....

10 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Media are just relaying what they hear or told.

Anyway, that's not because you or others are claimoring out loud your views with no arguments instead of eye testing that you're right.

Agree to disagree? Since the beginning you doesn't seem to want to have a fair talk about it, so....

This will be my last post on the matter. You seem to have a hard time with what I’m trying to say, but I will address this post of yours in 3 parts…..

1) I’m not sure if you understand how American mainstream media works, but they say what they want, when they want, no matter the topic.

2) What?

3) Brother, since my very first post on this matter, I’ve laid out my reasoning for why I feel the way I do. I’ve asked you to do the same, with no success. I’m very open minded on this matter. I believe what my eyes and little experience in the game tells me. If someone can show me something different, I’ll definitely consider changing my stance.

Edited by skinzdar55
Misspelling

Yes to Gilmore, but I am a bit leary of price. He's 31, how many years does he want?

Y1 : $11 M

Y2: $14M

Y3: $17M

Y4 dead cap $5M

What are you getting into?

But yes, for the next 2-3 years, I would take Gilmore. 

Jackson as your #2, Gilmore matching up with the best player and playing more slot as St Juste grows.