Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That first quote from Keim is purely idiotic. 3 of those losses came with Wentz unable to complete more than 5 passes in a half, throwing for 50 yards in the first half, and no first downs for an entire half.

But yeah sure, 4-5 plays would have made a difference.

Who the hell can’t say that every game? Sure, if you take away Tom Brady’s 4 TD throws… we blow them out.

And the Eagles blew this team out of the water in their first meeting.

Wentz was an unmitigated disaster by every metric. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

That first quote from Keim is purely idiotic. 3 of those losses came with Wentz unable to complete more than 5 passes in a half, throwing for 50 yards in the first half, and no first downs for an entire half.

But yeah sure, 4-5 plays would have made a difference.

Who the hell can’t say that every game? Sure, if you take away Tom Brady’s 4 TD throws… we blow them out.

And the Eagles blew this team out of the water in their first meeting.

Wentz was an unmitigated disaster by every metric. 

There’s definitely something off with wentz, I think it’s definitely mostly mental and he’s not quite as nimble as he was pre injury.

But I do agree with Keim that the Tenn, Detroit, and even Dallas games had a few plays/penalties here or there that could have made it a different result. I agree it goes both ways but I don’t think it’s necessarily an idiotic statement cause I remember it to be true.

On 11/28/2022 at 4:15 AM, Panninho said:

I think Nick Bolton is once again having a really good year in KC. JOK and Werner seem to be doing okay also. But Nick Bolton plays for probably the best team in the NFL, Werner plays next to Demario Davis (makes his job a lot easier) and JOK is a different player anyways. So all in all I don't think we can safely say that any of them would have been better than Davis, especially when you consider that Davis has shown so much growth recently and is athletically more gifted than all of them.

Bolton is the only one who I would consider up against Davis at this point; because of his high football IQ. As you said, though, Davis is the superior athlete, and he has the higher ceiling as he is gaining football IQ himself.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Beast!

These plays in the run game are very similar in value to a sack. Doesn’t receive the same amount of attention as sacks, but extremely impactful. Giving up yardage against an elite run team is likely, competing and winning plays like this to get them out of flow are crucial to being elite. 

Keep the front 4!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Bolton is the only one who I would consider up against Davis at this point; because of his high football IQ. As you said, though, Davis is the superior athlete, and he has the higher ceiling as he is gaining football IQ himself.

Right after that draft had ended, if I were to have done a redo, I wanted Darrisaw in rd 1 and Werner in rd 2. Even with Jamin's improvement, I would still go Darrisaw / Werner over the Davis / Cosmi combo. Both Darrisaw and Cosmi have had injury issues but Darrisaw has been the far better player with a 90 PFF grade at LT. Darrisaw would've meant no Leno but we would've kept Moses. I understand Darrisaw dropped because he was dealing with an injury during the draft process but when a quality LT prospect is available to you at #19 and you need a LT, there have to be a number of reasons not to take him

Davis has the higher ceiling but Werner came in more NFL ready and is a good athlete himself. I believe he took on green dot duties last year as a rookie when Demario Davis was hurt and did well in that role.

Edited by method man

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Allen should be an All Pro this year. I know Aaron Donald has it on lockdown every year but with the Rams falling off hard maybe he doesn't get as many votes.

He's hurt and might be done. Sad considering he was thinking about retiring last year, although it would open the door for the next great DT.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Zaire Franklin is the guy who has stepped in for Shaq Leonard this season. He’s a guy I would trade a high Day 3 pick for. He’s played well this year as the MIKE in Indy and is on year 1 of a cheap 3 year extension he signed with them.

This team needs to be open to trading picks away to acquire quality veterans on the cheap. The Ravens are one team that does this well

14 hours ago, method man said:

Right after that draft had ended, if I were to have done a redo, I wanted Darrisaw in rd 1 and Werner in rd 2. Even with Jamin's improvement, I would still go Darrisaw / Werner over the Davis / Cosmi combo. Both Darrisaw and Cosmi have had injury issues but Darrisaw has been the far better player with a 90 PFF grade at LT. Darrisaw would've meant no Leno but we would've kept Moses. I understand Darrisaw dropped because he was dealing with an injury during the draft process but when a quality LT prospect is available to you at #19 and you need a LT, there have to be a number of reasons not to take him

Davis has the higher ceiling but Werner came in more NFL ready and is a good athlete himself. I believe he took on green dot duties last year as a rookie when Demario Davis was hurt and did well in that role.

That's not a bad scenario. I will give respect to Darrisaw and Werner. Darrisaw has done well when I've watched him, and Werner is along the lines of Bolton, with a higher football IQ than Davis coming in, but his athletic ceiling is still well under Davis. Cosmi is a mauler and plays with the attitude that fits our culture. We like to beat people up in the trenches. Although guys like Bolton and Werner were calling their defenses earlier than Jamin, we have seen our defense play their best with him calling the defense the past few weeks. His athleticism pushes the balance in our favor over those other guys. I like the way this regime has drafted.

52 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

On Payne. Standig was talking with people in the league. They are expecting the next group of DTs to get paid 21+ mil.

35 mil + for DTs. Tough Swallow

Pretty good bargain that we have Allen when he could be in consideration for best tackle in the league next year assuming Donald retires.