Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Prediction Thread - 2021 - The Team vs. The Giants

zCommander

WFT 19

Giants 17

I have to factor in it’s a ‘Prime time’ game.  I have to take 3 points off us and give 7 to the Giants.

Giants 24

WFT 16

I want to be wrong on the scores, but we really have to win this game. If we lose, I want to see at least something from the defense.  Improved tackling in particular.

Linebacker Cam Brown, tight end Evan Engram, and guard Shane Lemieux will all be absent Thursday for NY.

Ben Bredeson is expected to take Lemieux's place, in blocking Payne and Allen.

Barkley is Questionable

Meanwhile Antonio Gibson expected to suit up.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Would not be surprised losing to the Giants. We are too inconsistent to think the “good” WFT is going to show up. 

The WFT wasn't good on Sunday but if they show up and play the same game and the Giants likewise play like they did against Denver, we'd win IMO.  The WFT looked bad.  the Giants IMO looked like potentially vying for the top pick in the draft level bad on Sunday. 

If I had to pick a silver lining for the Giants it would be Andrew Thomas actually had a decent game and Golladay looked like the real deal. 

My heart wants to give our squad the bounce back win……

My brain says we’ve been watching this movie on a continuous loop for nearly 30 years. 

1) Prime Time game

2) Losing streak to a division opponent 

3) Opponent played horribly the previous week

4) Little to no production from our QB

5) Hyped up side of the ball, underperforming 

6) Favored in Vegas

7) Opponents fans may outnumber ours

In my mind, this is a no-brainer…..

WFT - 30

NYG - 13

What can I say? With no money involved, I bet with my heart! 😎

**** NY!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, skinzdar55 said:

My heart wants to give our squad the bounce back win……

My brain says we’ve been watching this movie on a continuous loop for nearly 30 years. 

1) Prime Time game

2) Losing streak to a division opponent 

3) Opponent played horribly the previous week

4) Little to no production from our QB

5) Hyped up side of the ball, underperforming 

6) Favored in Vegas

7) Opponents fans may outnumber ours

In my mind, this is a no-brainer…..

WFT - 30

NYG - 13

What can I say? With no money involved, I bet with my heart! 😎

**** NY!!

Lol. This is such an apt summary of the last three decades it seems. Which of course means we won’t disappoint: giants: 24 Washington 13 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

According to Rotoworld's depth chart he is???

I'd love for them to be right but I don't they are.  He was banged up during preseason so maybe thet are stuck on that?  He played last week and didn't make the injury report.  I listened to two NY reporters today preview the game neither one said Martinez is out. 

• Thumb up 1

Skins 27

Gmen 13

I've said all offseason the giants are very overrated.  My only concern with this game is the lack of recent success we have had against underwhelming giants teams.  I think our guys rise to the occasion after the stinker last week.  Dline will look like we thought they would.  

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 3:11 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

Right before kickoff, the 1,872 WFT fans in the stadium are chased out the gates of FedWreck by the 51,198 NYG fans in attendance. During the 1st possession of the game, Heinicke is blinded by the sea of blue in the stands & throws INT #1 which is returned for a TD. During the ensuing possession, the noise causes WFT to false start 9 consecutive plays. Frustrated, Heinicke spikes the ball behind him only to have the NYG LB return it for a TD. As he's jogging off the field, Heinicke pulls both hamstrings & heads to the clubhouse. Next possession, the WFT OL goes right for an apparent screen pass. Allen, though, looks left and hits the NYG LB between the numbers for anther INT returned for a TD. WFT OL heads to the bench & refuses to return to the field. The WFT Mercy Rule - hastily written by Rivera & agreed to by the NYG at half time - ends the game 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter. 

Final: NYG 56 WFT 0 

I hope you are doing something with that vivid imagination of yours, like writing books or something.😂

• Haha 1