Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

14 minutes ago, method man said:

Cam presumably knows the system. Who knows how long it would take for Mariota to pick it uo

Nobody wants Cam. He's done. Washed.

Add into that the fact that he's an anti-vax knuckle-dragger and Rivera probably wants less than nothing to do with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am not as bitter even though I was one of the bigger Mac Jones guys here.  But that's my limit.  They obviously have to get a guy in 2022.  I guess maybe Heinicke coud be the guy, will see, can he stay healthy, I think we are about to see.  This will be the first game here where I think a team will be able to game plan against him as the starter versus him being a surprise.  Should be interesting.  Heinicke is what intrigues me the most about this Thursday. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Yeah the OL was definitely troubling as a unit, but I'm not exactly salty or surprised that Cosmi struggled against a guy who's easily a top 5 pass rusher.

Though one decent thing I did notice a bit as time went on was that Cosmi was lunging somewhat in the beginning to try and deal with Bosa's speed rush, but then he adjusted and started trying to ride him to the outside and let him run too far upfield. He wasn't completely successful, but it was much better than earlier. 

2 hours ago, TysonM said:

If Gibson had fumbled the ball unassisted, I'd see why people would be upset.  Since it was knocked out by a defender right before he was down, which is what happens in NFL games, I'm not going to blame him for that.

But this was the second time he put the ball on the turf today

You guys aren’t considering the opponent in your evals. We played pretty good in the second and third quarters. So I see it as we had some jitters to begin with, then we settled down, and the we lost in the conditioning department toward the end. Fixable. 

I also don’t think hineke is that big a down grade from fitz so loosen fitz doesn’t sting to me that much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't have the sky is falling vibe based on this game.  My main issue was they were distinctly outplayed by a good team and arguably have 9 games on their schedule moving forward that are tougher than the Chargers.  If they had last years schedule, I'd shrug this one off.  But if they lose to the Giants on Thursday, that to me would be a disaster.  I watched most of the Giants game today, aside from the middle of their defense and Golladay and Shepard, they looked really bad.   The Giants are arguably the worst team on the schedule -- either them or Atlanta.   And their weaknesses are tailored made for this team. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

While our pass protection was bad I do think the run blocking was alright.

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

After what happened to GB today, Washington should be on the phone with them about Rodgers. 

Rodgers looked completely washed today. And that's with a better supporting cast than what he'd have here. Hard pass.

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah the OL was definitely troubling as a unit, but I'm not exactly salty or surprised that Cosmi struggled against a guy who's easily a top 5 pass rusher.

We had Chase and Montez go against their guys and they did nada. I know Bosa is good but to me that was more on Cosmi sucking. We need guys who actual step up. He didn’t look like a rookie, he looked like a guy who doesn’t belong in the NFL. He needs to get better yesterday.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Rodgers looked completely washed today. And that's with a better supporting cast than what he'd have here. Hard pass.

He made it very clear he had no interest in being there. That could have had something to do with his play and body language today. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Nobody wants Cam. He's done. Washed.

Add into that the fact that he's an anti-vax knuckle-dragger and Rivera probably wants less than nothing to do with him.

And add to that, that he's a nutjob.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

See response above. Rodgers is gifted but he's got way too much baggage. I could see him being elite with another team for the first year or two and then the beefs with the F.O. would start again. No thanks.

Well, that and he totally schtupped my fantasy team today. 🤬

Edited by The Sisko

Can we stop saying Herbert is elite because he beat us? Dude had no pressure on him all day, with all the time in the world to throw to receivers in zone coverage. It doesn't take much to do that, if anything, praise his OL.

I find the coaching decisions in this game to be highly suspect, that worries me a lot.

I'm giving the offense a free pass this game, I won't cut them any slack Thursday.

Oh yeah, I called the Rodgers thing. He clearly doesn't want to be there, I don't know why he didn't just retire.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Can we stop saying Herbert is elite because he beat us? Dude had no pressure on him all day, with all the time in the world to throw to receivers in zone coverage. It doesn't take much to do that, if anything, praise his OL.

It doesn’t take much to do that?  The guy was putting the ball exactly where it needed to be over and over and over again.  His tape both last year and against us today, is full of big boy throw after big boy throw.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1