Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis Pleads Guilty to Healthcare Fraud

He's pretty ****ed, looks like.  Very sad to see.

I've been around him a bit, I think he's a genuinely good dude.  But I think the NFL should have had him come in years ago to talk to rookies about the importance of setting up a good circle of advisors for you, people that you can trust and how to manage your money and your assets so you can retire and live comfortably.  

Damn. Are they sure it wasn’t Jerome from D.C.? 

Sheriff Gone Getcha finally got him. He needs the help of Reverend Gon’ Change. 

edit: for real though this sucks, you hate to see stuff like this 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Someone who is a lawyer may understand this better but does anyone think Clinton signed a plea deal to get a light sentence in order to not taking this to trial a second time?

Thats what I was wondering.  It said he could be given a max of 10 years.  Thats...uh...a lot of years.  Hope nothing like that is his fate.  One of my all time favorite players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, London Kev said:

What a ****ing dumbass.

This got me thinking about his first carry for us, I can't believe it was seventeen years ago.

Clinton Portis’s first carry as a Redskin will be the player that I will always remember…that being said I hope the man is able to learn from his life’s decisions to turn a corner to be financially responsible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Clinton Portis’s first carry as a Redskin will be the player that I will always remember…that being said I hope the man is able to learn from his life’s decisions to turn a corner to be financially responsible.

Yeah, me too.

Sometimes I separate the player from the person. I still love Portis the player, even though Portis the person is a dumbass. I did the same with Adrian Peterson, loved the player, hated the switch-hitter.

There obviously comes a point where the "crimes" of the person totally override any love/respect for the player, but these are subjective and are judged on a case by case basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I know that Clinton is the headliner here, but let's not forget that Carlos Rogers is also a part of this bozo scheme.

I didn’t realize Carlos Rogers was involved in this? We’re there any other members of the organization involved?  This is different from the Ponzi scheme he was involved in right?

16 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I didn’t realize Carlos Rogers was involved in this? We’re there any other members of the organization involved?  This is different from the Ponzi scheme he was involved in right?

Rogers pled guilty to one count of conspiracy for the health care fraud scheme.

• Sad 1

When I heard he was living in a small apartment in VA, I thought 'wow, he's really fallen far financially'.

But it looks like that small apartment is going to regress into a "studio prison cell", unless his deal avoids that.

Robert McCune on the other hand, has a life sentence on the table. Not that he's actually gonna get that.

Well, as all Skins' fans know, McCune should be well-equipped physically, to handle all the threats he faces in prison.

• Haha 3