Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you eating right now?

Spaceman Spiff

Hopefully not a raw onion:

CDC says toss onions if you don't know where they came from to avoid salmonella

Check your onions now: A salmonella outbreak impacting 37 states and sickening over 600 people in the U.S. is being linked to certain imported onions.

A warning from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says fresh whole red, white and yellow onions from Chihuahua, Mexico, were distributed to grocery stores and restaurants across the U.S. by ProSource Inc. They should be discarded.

Officials also urge consumers not to buy any whole red, white or yellow onions without stickers or packaging that show where they're from, and to throw away any such onions that are already in the home.

Salmonella traced to onions has sent 129 people to the hospital, the CDC says.

Click on the link for the full article

I scored a deal on some pretty big wild caught yellowfin tuna filets...marinated one all day yesterday in Teriyaki ginger, seared it medium, and put an extra egg in PF Chang's fried rice with some steamed broccoli on the side.  It was the first time I've gotten the tuna just right, kinda proud of myself.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@Jumbo  You nasty.

the fun part for me is that while it seems like what it seems (and  i've been impressed no one has gone for such obviously low-hanging fruit yet)  i was actually having a bowl of leftover 'beaver stew' from the kind of bigfoot-region eatery that would be fitting for such a dish...very rustic :ols:

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 9:18 AM, skinsmarydu said:

I'm a red onion freak, this is terrible news. 

We've had this discussion,  and THERE SHOULD BE NO SUCH THING AS A SWEET ONION. (unless you just wanna call me that).  

Being in your neck of the woods, you mean to tell me you don't like Vidalia's ?

Gotta be absolute blasphemy.

• Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Getting ready to dig in to some Arozz con Pollo.

Simple, but oh so delicious.

One of my favorite things, the Mexican place where I worked for 10 years had the best I've found around my area.  We served it with our homemade guac salad, very popular item. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

there's a dish called koshary that is damn good....basically a bunch of things like chickpeas, pasta, fried onions, and tomato sauce on top of rice

Ate that last night!

Also lots of meats with different sauces. 

big fan. Also like Greek food and Indian food and while all three are different there’s it feels like similar category of food and I like them all. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

A Gravy Fountain Would Make Your Life So Much Better

I don't mean to tell you how to live your life, but you need a gravy fountain. Scratch that—you deserve a gravy fountain. I'm not saying it needs to be flowing 24/7, but then again, who am I to dictate how you live your gravy life? We've been living in an era of scarcity and uncertainty for what feels like a century now, and I can think of no better affirmation of OK-ness, no better rejection of the soul-eroding malaise of the eternal Blursdays, than to be able to hold forth your drumstick, biscuit, mashed potato mound or housecat to be warmly enrobed in an endless font of savory gravy.

But what's a gravy fountain? My bad! I should have explained that it's a fountain that you fill up with gravy. Not, like, a yard fountain—though you should absolutely live that truth if you have the means to do so—but rather one of those electric tabletop fountains that you may have encountered at weddings, parties, and Golden Corral. Customarily, they're filled with punch, chocolate, or (if you're especially fortunate) queso, but there are not to my knowledge any fountain police currently employed at the city, state, or federal level. Even if there were, we live in seemingly lawless times, and it is within your power to manifest your dreams. Fill that sucker up with your favorite gravy—with a few caveats.

thanksgiving-gravy-fountain-FT-RECIPE112

Click on the link for the full weirdness

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1