Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you eating right now?

Spaceman Spiff

10 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I just had an Impossible Burger (cooked on the grill at home) and some Lobster Bisque. Weird combo, but I enjoyed it. I don't spend much time in the kitchen anymore. Most mornings or lunches, I'm grabbing a Protein Bar and a Banana, then I'm off.

How do you grill an impossible burger without it turning into a board?  Love impossible and beyond meats...honestly have made being a vegetarian so much more enjoyable.  But I just can't figure out the grilling part.

2 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

How do you grill an impossible burger without it turning into a board?  Love impossible and beyond meats...honestly have made being a vegetarian so much more enjoyable.  But I just can't figure out the grilling part.

I moved on from beyond once my local stores started selling impossible. You can get a 12 pack from Costco for $13. 

anyways, I use a small charcoal grill that I take camping normally. High heat and cook it quickly. Just 2 minutes each side and it should be red in the center. I don’t cook it any other way because it ends up being crap. This is the closest way to a real hamburger that I have found. I also use Montreal seasoning on it. 

I am not vegetarian, my wife is, but I have experimented and this way is the best imo. In fact, it has replaced real burger completely for me. I usually have 2 a week. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I've gotten really good with my Foreman and it only took a couple of tries with the impossibles...I don't put the top cooker on.  You can still get it done without killing it (I'm a mid-rare steak person and have that perfected).

• Thanks 1

i suck at discipline too, i have never dieted (other than mostly knocking soda out of my diet).... this is an attempt to go around that.    it doesn't take much discipline to postpone breakfast--- other than coffee  (stopping eating around 8 pm is harder.. i don;t completely follow that , but try to eat less often after 8).

but i have only been doing this for a couple of weeks.   we will see....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...