Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you eating right now?

Spaceman Spiff

I've ordered 2 Cubanas with pineapple from my local torta shop this week.  My driver almost couldn't park because...

The folks across the street poured QuikCrete this afternoon to solidify their business.  Still can't see any gloves or a fire extinguisher. 

• Thumb up 1

On 3/25/2023 at 6:59 PM, skinsmarydu said:

I've ordered 2 Cubanas with pineapple from my local torta shop this week.  My driver almost couldn't park because...

The folks across the street poured QuikCrete this afternoon to solidify their business.  Still can't see any gloves or a fire extinguisher. 

You think a call to the Health Inspector might do anything?

• 3 weeks later...

Finished my lunch leftovers.  Brisket with vinegar slaw & fried okra.  Even heating the okra in the toaster oven, all of the awesomely flavored breading stayed on.  (Brisket was a little rarer at the restaurant, but held up decently with reheating. )

20230417_202039.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I just made my first ever green cereal - celery and almond milk. Pretty tasty. Crunchy. Weird I know, but low cal and definitely filling. 

Just don't tell anybody about it if you don't want to get weird looks. 

Didn’t know that was a thing. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Didn’t know that was a thing. 

I seriously doubt it is or ever will become a thing. 

I tried it because I like celery for being crunchy. I eat it instead of chips for the most part but was craving cereal for the longest. Haven't had cereal for a month and that's been the main thing I've given up, so I don't want to go back. Do I decided to try this. 

It was ok. Not your fruity taste you get out of a kids cereal but the crunch was there and milk. They're used together on smoothies all the time, but I wanted the crunchiness. 

My new hyperfocus is celery Cereal. 

Straight celery and milk is a hit. 

Throw in banana and it's 🔥

Celery and raisins and banana is even better

Celery and apple doesn't hit quite right but it's a nice change up.

Definitely an adult cereal. But the banana and raisins gave more of a raisin bran feel. Still want to try other fruits like strawberries and dried vs fresh vs frozen. But it's the crunch I love. That's the base of any cereal.

• Like 1

Had these bad boys last last weekend as I'm a sucker for non flour/gluten free tacos.  Made the mistake of ordering 2 as they were the equivalent size of about 3 street tacos....each. 😁

20230603-124753.jpg

Pork carnitas taco with pineapple, scallions, cabbage, cotija cheese, greens, and a lime crema.

20230603-124750.jpg

Housemade duck confit taco with oranges, goat cheese, greens, red onions, and an avocado serrano crema.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4