Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you eating right now?

Spaceman Spiff

On 7/12/2023 at 8:32 PM, Thinking Skins said:

So this is 2 days in a row now where I've been back in the office and I've had my celery cereal there. In fact I've had two bowls. One for lunch, and one for a second lunch later in the day. It fills me up so well, but it also helps me from stopping and grabbing a snack on the way home (like say a burger or a bag of chips). Best thing is I can make this with no microwave or heater so it's all fresh out of the fridge or grocery. And I'm my smallest since I got married. It's cool because it's so simple.

I got some weird looks today from some guys making coffee but it's not like it's fish. 

So been doing this for what like 3 weeks now, loving it. Including going on vacation and into the office and its going great. I go get some interesting questions / commets, but mostly about the blender (its a hand blender that's portable) or my love for celery. My aunt did comment on my weight, but I'm only down a few pounds since she last saw me (more since the start of the year). 

But more related to this thread. I was thinking last night about it and I'm going to branch out a bit. I think this same combo can go with a number of other veggies like cauliflower / broccili / bell peppers,  and some others. I'm not necessarily tired of cauliflower, but I have been eating the same thing at least once a day for at least 16 days. I like the cruchyness of celery and I used to eat cereal every day and did that every day for like 20 years, so its nothing but I did change that up. I have been changing up the celery cereal with the fruits, but I'm trying to see how far I can take it. I think the cauliflower is a good stretch. 

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

So been doing this for what like 3 weeks now, loving it. Including going on vacation and into the office and its going great. I go get some interesting questions / commets, but mostly about the blender (its a hand blender that's portable) or my love for celery. My aunt did comment on my weight, but I'm only down a few pounds since she last saw me (more since the start of the year). 

But more related to this thread. I was thinking last night about it and I'm going to branch out a bit. I think this same combo can go with a number of other veggies like cauliflower / broccili / bell peppers,  and some others. I'm not necessarily tired of cauliflower, but I have been eating the same thing at least once a day for at least 16 days. I like the cruchyness of celery and I used to eat cereal every day and did that every day for like 20 years, so its nothing but I did change that up. I have been changing up the celery cereal with the fruits, but I'm trying to see how far I can take it. I think the cauliflower is a good stretch. 

I can see how some berries/kiwi can flavor things up.  

If what you're doing makes you feel better, carry on smartly.  What others think shouldn't be important.

19 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I can see how some berries/kiwi can flavor things up.  

If what you're doing makes you feel better, carry on smartly.  What others think shouldn't be important.

What others think is only important in a community environment. I don't want to do things that is going to make someone else want to vomit (fish in the microwave for example), and I like to have these type of conversations with people who are more versed than myself for these type of recommendations. On my vacation I did put blueberries in my cereal and it was a great addition, but when we got back I completely forgot about it. I see them in the morning but they are my wife/kids blueberries and I normally don't mess with them unless I'm making breakfast for the fam but thats a good pull I'm going to try to add more berries. 

I tried tie cauliflower rice and other than it being already chopped (and overpriced) it had an aftertaste (unlike my great celery). It was a nice changeup and I think it was a good cereal though. I think I could do a broccili and other veggie type cereals like this with no problem. 

As an addition to that last post, I'll say that I used to eat a lot of broccoli, but had to cut back because when I microwaved it it had a small that people complained about. I hate salads. So I was like what else can I eat. So I lingered around for like 3 or 4 years until now realizing I can eat these foods raw.

11 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Finally back on solid food & I was ravenous.  Ate almost a whole cheapie pack of shrimp ramen (I had shrimp, but didn't add it).  

Also considered a cheese quesadilla (bread's dead, really wanted a grilled cheese) but didn't want to push it .

Glad you're feeling better ❤️

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

One of the perks of working from home 80% of the time. 

20230803-122053.jpg

Lunch today is korean short ribs (kalbi or galbi) and rice wine vinegar cucumbers.

Looks great!

How do you make the cucumbers?    Do you just splash the vinegar over the cucumbers before you eat them, or make them like traditional cucumber salad?   

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Looks great!

How do you make the cucumbers?    Do you just splash the vinegar over the cucumbers before you eat them, or make them like traditional cucumber salad?   

Yeah pour over as I usually just marinate them for about 30mins in flavored rice wine vinegar (I like them cold so I put the bowl in the fridge).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah pour over as I usually just marinate them for about 30mins in flavored rice wine vinegar (I like them cold so I put the bowl in the fridge).

Thanks!

Our garden is churning out cucumbers. We make a "traditional" cucumber salad, with onions, white vinegar & sugar, but are always searching for other uses.

• Like 2

Didn't want to cook last night with the game and all, so I picked up Chinese.   Crab goons, fried dumplings, SS chicken.

They left out my extra side of dumpling sauce (that I was actually going to use for salmon later this week) and there's no such thing as enough hot mustard.  I need to find a good recipe so I can keep it in house...the cashier lady thought I was raiding her entire stash.