Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make a Bold Prediction for the 2021 Season

Reaper Skins

I hate to say it but I see 8-9 given the schedule and the holes that remain.

As I continue to say I do not know how you can have a great defense with bad linebackers.  I loved the Davis pick but we don't even know when or even if he will pan out, it's not like we don't see busts in the draft. They have zero depth behind the starters and as far as I can see one legit starting NFL LB on the entire roster.  Stopping the run and covering backs and TEs, which is what we will see a ton of with 3 step drops to counter our DL, will be a major problem.

The only way to describe the left side of the OL is average and that may be generous.  The QB, well he will add excitement for sure but we know what we are getting, and at 38 he ain't going to get better.   TM is a stud obviously but the rest of the receiving core is unproven, Hell so is our prime RB Gibson. We have one pass catching TE and the new snapper along with the kicker could very well cost us at least a game.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

As I continue to say I do not know how you can have a great defense with bad linebackers.  I loved the Davis pick but we don't even know when or even if he will pan out, it's not like we don't see busts in the draft. They have zero depth behind the starters and as far as I can see one legit starting NFL LB on the entire roster.  Stopping the run and covering backs and TEs, which is what we will see a ton of with 3 step drops to counter our DL, will be a major problem.

The only way to describe the left side of the OL is average and that may be generous.  The QB, well he will add excitement for sure but we know what we are getting, and at 38 he ain't going to get better.   TM is a stud obviously but the rest of the receiving core is unproven, Hell so is our prime RB Gibson. We have one pass catching TE and the new snapper along with the kicker could very well cost us at least a game.

Be bolder ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Pretty much the way I see the season. Only diff is I was not crazy about the lb we picked. With a high 1st rd pick I want the 2nd or 3rd best lb in the country not a unproven just because he is a good athlete. I think Fitz will be benched by game 10 but not all his fault. Weak O line, no running game etc. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Pretty much the way I see the season. Only diff is I was not crazy about the lb we picked. With a high 1st rd pick I want the 2nd or 3rd best lb in the country not a unproven just because he is a good athlete. I think Fitz will be benched by game 10 but not all his fault. Weak O line, no running game etc. 

It'll suck for us if he decided to do his Fitztragic act in the later part of the season as opposed to the earlier part.  If we were to have a chance at winning the division, we would need to be within striking distance for that final 5 game stretch against the NFC East.  I expect him to get benched around Week 6 or 7 (vs. the Chiefs or Packers).  It would be better for us if he gets benched earlier, so that he can work out his issues and hopefully just play adequate for the last 6 games of the season.  We have a stretch from Week 6-12 where we play the Chiefs, Packers, Bucs and the Seahawks).  If or when Fitzpatrick falters, you would figure it would be during that stretch of the season.  I hope Heinecke can dig up some of that magic from the Bucs playoff game, because we're going to need it for that stretch of games.

Edited by samy316

EPSN video game is on roids 

Late push from Cowboys wins them the NFC East

Through Week 13, it appeared as though Washington would win the NFC East. The Dallas Cowboys scuffled to a 6-6 start, while Washington had a two-game lead at 8-4.

But in Week 14, the tide turned as Dallas beat Washington in Landover, 27-20, then took care of business in East Rutherford a week later with a 17-10 win over the Giants. The Cowboys headed home and beat Washington for the second time in three weeks in a 38-10 rout before finishing off the four-game win streak with a 27-24 win over the Cardinals, sealing the division. Washington, for its part, closed out the year with six straight losses.

But as mentioned above, Dallas' comeback and playoff berth yielded no postseason success, as it lost 24-16 at home to the Saints.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133086/simulating-2021-nfl-season-projecting-285-games-biggest-storylines-super-bowl-winner

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Through Week 13, it appeared as though Washington would win the NFC East. The Dallas Cowboys scuffled to a 6-6 start, while Washington had a two-game lead at 8-4.

But in Week 14, the tide turned as Dallas beat Washington in Landover, 27-20, then took care of business in East Rutherford a week later with a 17-10 win over the Giants. The Cowboys headed home and beat Washington for the second time in three weeks in a 38-10 rout before finishing off the four-game win streak with a 27-24 win over the Cardinals, sealing the division. Washington, for its part, closed out the year with six straight losses.

But as mentioned above, Dallas' comeback and playoff berth yielded no postseason success, as it lost 24-16 at home to the Saints.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133086/simulating-2021-nfl-season-projecting-285-games-biggest-storylines-super-bowl-winner

Ron doesn’t lose out down the stretch usually. If the Team goes in a 6 game losing streak, it will be the early part if the schedule.

14 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Yeah because the Cowboys generally perform well at the end of the year…. My god ESPN is imploding. 

• Like 1

Alright guys, you know I had to do this -- so here is my BOLD PREDICTION!

After a 1-3 Fitztragic start to the season, Heinicke is given the reins, and he leads the  Football Team to a 12-5 record and division championship. He then takes the team to the Super Bowl against the Chiefs where he outduels Mahomes to bring home the Lombardi Trophy in what will come to be known as the greatest Super Bowl of all time.