Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make a Bold Prediction for the 2021 Season

Reaper Skins

It's not mine, but here's a bold prediction concerning Rivera, Fitzpatrick and Heinicke.

Coach of the Year: Ron Rivera, Washington Football Team

...Rivera will make a bold move that will win him this award. Knowing his team has a ceiling with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, he will switch mid-season to wild-card wonder Taylor Heinicke. Riverboat Ron will roll the dice on this young quarterback and come out Coach of the Year.

https://lwosports.com/2021/09/10/2021-nfl-season-preview/

But I have to admit, I do like it! Cheers, all!

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, London Kev said:

Definitely: There's a long-overdue repeat winner of the NFC East.

Probably: We have two, 1000 yard receivers.

Possibly: Young and Sweat break the NFL record for sacks by a duo.

Unlikely: I finally get to have that threesome with my neighbour Carol and her twin sister. 

Now that the season is over I thought that I'd bump this thread to see how we all did with our bold predictions. I think that a lot of us were way too optimistic, especially regarding the defense.

So how did I do?

There's a long-overdue repeat winner of the NFC East:

Wrong, not even close. dallas strolled it and philly improved more than expected.

We have two, 1000 yard receivers:

Half right, but still Wrong. Terry did get 1,053 yards but the next best was McKissic (a RB!) with 397. 

Young and Sweat break the NFL record for sacks by a duo:

LOL, very wrong. Young had 1.5 and Sweat got 5. Jonathan Allen got more than them combined with 9.

I finally get to have that threesome with my neighbour Carol and her twin sister:

Couldn't be more wrong. There was more chance of me breaking the NFL record for sacks by a duo on my own.  

• Haha 2

On 9/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, GothSkinsFan said:

WFT will not be the worst team in the NFC.

It was the only *bold* prediction anyone here made.  Now *brave*?  Not a chance.  WFT is firmly on the below-average side of mediocre, but it ain't Detroit.

Edited by GothSkinsFan

On 1/13/2022 at 2:54 PM, GothSkinsFan said:

It was the only *bold* prediction anyone here made.  Now *brave*?  Not a chance.  WFT is firmly on the below-average side of mediocre, but it ain't Detroit.

The following two were pretty spot on:

On 9/5/2021 at 1:51 PM, The Rook said:

WFT will have several major players  on the Dline miss games due to COVID.

:229:The Rook

On 9/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Curtis Samuel won’t play at all this season 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I hate to say it but I see 8-9 given the schedule and the holes that remain.

As I continue to say I do not know how you can have a great defense with bad linebackers.  I loved the Davis pick but we don't even know when or even if he will pan out, it's not like we don't see busts in the draft. They have zero depth behind the starters and as far as I can see one legit starting NFL LB on the entire roster.  Stopping the run and covering backs and TEs, which is what we will see a ton of with 3 step drops to counter our DL, will be a major problem.

The only way to describe the left side of the OL is average and that may be generous.  The QB, well he will add excitement for sure but we know what we are getting, and at 38 he ain't going to get better.   TM is a stud obviously but the rest of the receiving core is unproven, Hell so is our prime RB Gibson. We have one pass catching TE and the new snapper along with the kicker could very well cost us at least a game.

I wasn't all that far off on my prediction before the start of the season. Of course I didn't predict the DL would play so far below expectations the way they have.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I wasn't all that far off on my prediction before the start of the season. Of course I didn't predict the DL would play so far below expectations the way they have.  

That was a pretty accurate prediction man lol. Have any off-season predictions? 

52 minutes ago, jackj291 said:

m

This is probably the most enigmatic post that I've ever read. I just know that there's a hidden meaning in there somewhere and I'm not gonna sleep until I've deciphered it.

Just messing with you jack, rookie mistake, we all made them. Welcome to the board. :cheers:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 7:08 PM, London Kev said:

This is probably the most enigmatic post that I've ever read. I just know that there's a hidden meaning in there somewhere and I'm not gonna sleep until I've deciphered it.

Just messing with you jack, rookie mistake, we all made them. Welcome to the board. :cheers:

Very ominous. 

M is thirteenth letter in the alphabet. Very unlucky.