Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t put that on him. He was trying to make a play and hit his guy right in the hands 

Also it’s third and a mile and they have to try and make some play, and there was a jailbreak on the OL. 

He also did quite the Houdini act just to avoid a sack.  

That’s the kind of mistake which I think is ok. 

• Like 1

It's kind of funny that this thread is turning into myth making on the SF OL being some kind of disaster are. They didn't give up a sack to a great defensive front today, and game Jimmy G plenty of time throughout. .

Football Outsiders has them as the 11th best line in the league, with a starter out. 

I wonder if people are subconsciously finding ways to accept Commander Jim. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Stafford couldn’t beat teams with winning records.  That’s what they said in Detroit.

went to a better franchise and he’s in the Super Bowl.  Say it with me folks:  winning is not a QB stat.  

Still strongly disagree in context of how many game winning drives he has (tied for 7th all time).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/gwd_career.htm

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's kind of funny that this thread is turning into myth making on the SF OL being some kind of disaster are. They didn't give up a sack to a great defensive front today, and game Jimmy G plenty of time throughout. .

Football Outsiders has them as the 11th best line in the league, with a starter out. 

I wonder if people are subconsciously finding ways to accept Commander Jim. 

Kyle schemes it up wonderfully.  However, if you watch them, they never drop back and pass.  The ball is always out quick so as not to expose them (in pass protection).  Tom Compton sucks at RT.  Gary dominated him last week.  Mcglintchey (who is injured) is a bust IMO (49er fans seem to think so).  Trent is the only o-lineman they have who'd start anywhere.  The scheme hides their pass pro problems (as well as the fact that Kittle is a great pass blocker himself).  That line can't drop back and protect anyone with 5-7 step passes.    

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Kyle schemes it up wonderfully.  However, if you watch them, they never drop back and pass.  The ball is always out quick so as not to expose them (in pass protection).  Tom Compton sucks at RT.  Gary dominated him last week.  Mcglintchey (who is injured) is a bust IMO (49er fans seem to think so).  Trent is the only o-lineman they have who'd start anywhere.  The scheme hides their pass pro problems (as well as the fact that Kittle is a great pass blocker himself).  That line can't drop back and protect anyone with 5-7 step passes.    

The passing scheme in SF right now looks eerily similar to when Shanahan was trying to mask Robert's weaknesses.  Drop back, look at 1st read and get rid of ball.  If 1st read is not open, find the dump off in the flat.  The main difference is the lack of read option/threats with the legs.  Jimmy G throws a ton of quick short slants and crossing routes that help limit sacks.  They set this all up and make it possible because of the running game.    This works out for them most of the time, but as we saw in this game, when Jimmy G has to drop back and do the extra things, that is where he gets exposed as being more limited in his abilities.  Just because he isn't a running QB like Robert was, doesn't change the fact that a lot of the passing concepts are the same.

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

I want the Rams to win for McVey so it can drive Dan Snyder bananas! 

I don’t think this would drive Dan bananas.  

I think Kyle would. 

Sean was in the building, not fired, and took a HC gig when offered.  

He might actually have some pride in it, actually.  I would. 

Dan didn’t screw anything up with Sean.  

As much as I wanted Dan to fire Jay and promote Sean, it wasn’t realistically possible.  

Considering all that Rams spent to get here; they better win in 2 weeks. 

It would be biggest bust of all time; if Cincy pulls the upset. 

Especially, with this being the 2nd straight Super Bowl to feature the home team; Rams should win.

To Lose in front of your home fans; shouldn’t happen.

I just think Joe and Bengals will find that magic one more time.  They seem like Tampa last year.

The tipped INT will be remembered for the 49ers, but the dropped INT by Tart was much bigger since the 49ers had the lead and Stafford threw up an ill-advised ball up for grabs and Tart just let a sure turnover go through his hands

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 3

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Dan Marino punching the air wishing he could have switched teams.

Odd thing about Marino: he had two of the best coaches in NFL history: the first part with Don Shula and the second with Jimmy Johnson.  

What Marino needed to change was his era.  If he played today, he would probably throw for 9,000 yards in a season.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

brady and Manning?

Yeah.  So I forgot Manning and that’s my bad.  

Brady was part of the original, it was “apart from the last two years (Brady/Stafford) has this ever happened where a franchise guy loves and led their new team to a SB on the next year.  I said it rarely happens at all. 

Manning, Brees and Warner would all qualify, but clearly not in the first year. I’m 

it’s just rare Franchise QBs move around. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What Marino needed to change was his era.  If he played today, he would probably throw for 9,000 yards in a season.  

Shula was head of the competition committee tho. He's the one what opened up the passing game in the 1980s by the introduction of the five yard chuck rule. Marino was a beneficiary of that for sure.