Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

So who wants Jimmy G in Washington? lol

I don't, but his pass protection SUCKS.  Trent is god-like, but the rest of their o-line can't pass block worth anything.  Its always been a Shanny weakness.  If they have to throw, the line gets the QB killed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Bruh, everyone that wants Jimmy G should watch this game and rethink that hard, especially that last drive here.

Wasn't just this game.  Entire playoffs.  With a better QB the 49ers put away the Cowboys quick.  They had guys wide open all game long that he was missing. 

Jimmy G is a decent system QB and Kyle Shanahan has done well to maximize his strengths, but I look at him similar to Goff in LA, you can maximize what they do best, but eventually the things they don't do well will come out at the worst times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

So who wants Jimmy G in Washington? lol

It'd be interesting to see him with a decent offensive line. 

Also that last play wasn't as bad as people in here are making it. He takes the sack and it's 4th and like 30. An inch or 2 lower on that flip and it'd been 4th and manageable. 

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

49ers probably can't wait to unload Jimmy G fast enough

Not his fault (at least on that last drive).  Their offense can't drop back and throw.  Our o-line is light years. better than theirs (aside from Trent obviously).  Kyle schemes it up beatifically, but if they are down big, its a major weakness.

• Like 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

Not his fault (at least on that last drive).  Their offense can't drop back and throw.  Our o-line is light years. better than theirs (aside from Trent obviously).  Kyle schemes it up beatifically, but if they are down big, its a major weakness.

Dude, he chucked the ball and it got picked….that is all his fault.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Bruh, everyone that wants Jimmy G should watch this game and rethink that hard, especially that last drive here.

I really don’t think anyone WANTS Jimmy G.  I haven’t seen one post saying he’s the answer to our prayers.

I’ve seen a lot of folks (like myself) say if he’s the best option, fine. He’s better than anything we have by miles.  

But would prefer about 5 different options first.

I think he’s going to the Raiders.  I think McDaniels is going to think he can work with Jimmy, and he will be cheaper than Carr.  

So they’ll send SF a 1 or 2 for Jimmy, and extend him, and the. They’ll ship Carr out for 2 1’s (maybe to us) and they end up with an extra 1 and Jimmy instead of Carr.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Wasn't just this game.  Entire playoffs.  With a better QB the 49ers put away the Cowboys quick.  They had guys wide open all game long that he was missing. 

Jimmy G is a decent system QB and Kyle Shanahan has done well to maximize his strengths, but I look at him similar to Goff in LA, you can maximize what they do best, but eventually the things they don't do well will come out at the worst times.

yeah if they had a even just a good QB they would be a juggernaut because that roster is loaded 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah if they had a even just a good QB they would be a juggernaut because that roster is loaded 

Kyle schemes it up for sure.  However, the o-line is a MAJOR weakness.  Mcglintchey (whom they took 9th overall) sucks (Sweat dominated him last year).  Their offense can't drop back and throw.   Their guards suck.  Trent is the only thing that. holds that line together.

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

These high pressure situations separate the Elite from the good.  With time running out, the 49ers couldn't have Jimmy G drop back throwing short slant routes and cross their fingers hoping it would turn into a 30 yard YAC.   Stafford gets those yards with his arm where as Jimmy G gets those yards from the skill position players.

• zCommander changed the title to Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!
2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Is this the first time that two seasons in a row a franchise QB goes to a new team and leads them to a Superbowl immediately?

How many franchise QBs have ever switched teams and even made a SB ever?

The only one before last year  I can think of is Warner with the Rams and then Cards.  

Are there any others? Like ever?  

Dilfer was long time starter in Tampa and won a SB with the Ravens.  But he was more along for the ride and didn’t “lead” either team to anything. 

Brad Johnson was a franchise QB I guess and went to Tampa and won a SB, but I’m not sure I put him anywhere near that same level… 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really don’t think anyone WANTS Jimmy G.  I haven’t seen one post saying he’s the answer to our prayers.

I’ve seen a lot of folks (like myself) say if he’s the best option, fine. He’s better than anything we have by miles.  

But would prefer about 5 different options first.

I can agree with that.  Jimmy G is better than anything currently on the roster.  If he was the only option out there besides Heinicke being the starter again, I would take Jimmy G, however I would not sign him to any kind of contract that doesn't give the organization flexibility to unload him as soon as a better option becomes available.