Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is going to be an absolute slaughter. We’re going to have to sign dudes off the street to fill out the roster including the backup QB for the game being off the street

HAHAHAH

We need to find legitimate Cowboy haters because at this point going forward any unvaccinated player testing positive would almost have to present their 2 negative tests during the coin flip in Dallas

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Am I the only one excited to see Payne play guard, despite being our only defensive lineman? 

Payne lining up at center with Scherff and Flowers beside him. Play call Phalanx formation every down and run the QB up the middle

• Like 2

I put this in the Eagles Prediction thread, but it really belongs here.  But this thread was temporarily locked ...

As of the moment of this posting, here is where the roster stands: (not listing IRed players)

"Bold" is where we have real problems

COVID is in itlaics

Offense:

QB:

TH - left last game with elbow and knee injury, hope he's healthy

Kyle Allen - COVID List

OL: 

LT - Leno (though he left the game last week, so hope he can go.)

LG - Flowers

C - Keith Ismail (4th center)

RG - Scherff

RT - Cosmi (hopefully, cleared to practice). Otherwise Charles.

COVID: Lucas.

(Sweitzer is still on IR).  

RB: 

Gibson - Ok

McKissic - Concussion Protocol

Jaret Patterson - Ok

TE: 

RSJ - Ok

Bates - OK

Temarick Hemingway - COVID (I think he's on the practice squad, but he can't be elevated to replace Reyes in any event)

COVID: Samis Reyes

WR:

McLaurin - Concussion Protocol

D. Carter - Ok.

Curtis Samuel - Ok but MIA

Cam Sims - COVID

Hump - Ok

DBrown - Ok

AGG - Ok (It looks like they elevated him from the PS, I missed that.)

Dax Milne - Ok

Offensive thoughts:  The concussions to McKissic and McLaurin hurt more than the COVID stuff on offense. Though, if TH can't go, then you're in deep doo doo at QB due to Kyle Allen being on the COVID list.

Defense:

DE:   Honestly not sure who will play here.  Toney, Nate Orchard and that Bumi guy (who's not even listed on the website) I think are the only ones available...

COVID: Sweat, Toohill, James Smith-WIlliams, William Bradley-King

DT: Payne, ...

COVID: J. Allen, Time Settle, Matt Ioannidis.  

This is "eeeeeeee"

LB: Holcomb, Collins...

COVID: Khaleke Hudson, David Mayo, Milo Eifler

CB: WJIII, Danny Johnson, Darryl Roberts?

COVID: Fuller, 

Safety: McCain, Curl, Reaves

COVID: Forrest

I am honestly not sure how they field a team on Sunday.  Unless a lot of these COVID guys clear and are back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I will tell you this, if they postpone it, and I was an Eagles fan, I would be SUPER pissed.  

I hope they do as a WFT fan, but I really don't think they can at this point.  

I'm personally against this from a "this is how we solve the problem" perspective, but I wonder if they could just take a week off to let all the current situation settle and put in new protocols...

52 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

<SNIP>

WR:

McLaurin - Concussion Protocol

D. Carter - Ok.

Curtis Samuel - Ok but MIA

Cam Sims - COVID

Hump - Ok

DBrown - Ok

AGG - Ok (It looks like they elevated him from the PS, I missed that.)

Dax Milne - Ok

Offensive thoughts:  The concussions to McKissic and McLaurin hurt more than the COVID stuff on offense. Though, if TH can't go, then you're in deep doo doo at QB due to Kyle Allen being on the COVID list.

<SNIP>

Wow, what a depressing list when it's all put together.

And Rivera said that Samuel's groin is fine, but now it's a hammy.

So it gets even better!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wow, what a depressing list when it's all put together.

And Rivera said that Samuel's groin is fine, but now it's a hammy.

So it gets even better!

WR is honestly least of my concerns at the moment.  If they have to line up with DBrown, Carter, Milne and Hump, at least there are 4 available guys.

I literally have no idea how they will fill 4 DL spots at the moment.  They might have to play a 3-4 just because they don't have 4 DL they can activate.  They DON'T have more than one DT.  So, in any event, I think it would be Payne playing next to a converted DE if they did play 4 down.

It is bananas.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

WR is honestly least of my concerns at the moment.  If they have to line up with DBrown, Carter, Milne and Hump, at least there are 4 available guys.

I literally have no idea how they will fill 4 DL spots at the moment.  They might have to play a 3-4 just because they don't have 4 DL they can activate.  They DON'T have more than one DT.  So, in any event, I think it would be Payne playing next to a converted DE if they did play 4 down.

It is bananas.  

They'll activate Bada but, again, they need to sign TY McGill as soon as possible

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Who now?

:P

Bada is the international pathway player who is on their PS. He actually looked decent in preseason. TY McGill is a veteran DT who has had 2 stints on this team - he was most recently on the practice squad in November and is currently on Minnesota's