Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

5 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

He has covid.  He is out whether he is vaxxed or not.  Now he can be treated and play against the eagles. Plus, he now will have natural immunity.  Well played by him, but wish he caught it 2 weeks ago.  

Also, don't blame him if teammates catch covid.  If they do, it is because the vax doesn't work as well as promised.  

image.gif.072a3069b65bdda577171b514d51f973.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not gonna go into it here--there's a lengthy thread in the Tailgate that goes into stuff like what you mentioned that would be more appropritate.

But the issue here that people are most upset by is Sweat's unavailability due to not being vaccinated. If he had been vaccinated there was a better possibility that he could at least return sooner.

I think you should re-read my OP.

20 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

He has covid.  He is out whether he is vaxxed or not.  

Isn’t the rule for vaccinated players that they just need two negative tests 24 hours apart? If he was vaccinated and tested negative 24 hours apart, he would be available for Sunday. There lies the issue that people have with him, that his decision is now leaving him unavailable for Sunday’s huge game against Dallas. 

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

He has covid.  He is out whether he is vaxxed or not.  Now he can be treated and play against the eagles. Plus, he now will have natural immunity.  Well played by him, but wish he caught it 2 weeks ago.  

Also, don't blame him if teammates catch covid.  If they do, it is because the vax doesn't work as well as promised.  

He can’t rejoin the team until the day before the Eagles.  No football activity since Halloween.  If he was vaccinated he could join the team after two negative tests.

Also, if 90 is asymptomatic, he wouldn’t have been tested as often if he was vaccinated.  And neither would his vaccinated teammates.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully he hasn’t been around his teammates.  I haven’t seen him on the sidelines during any of the games, which maybe there are rules against IR players being at games, who knows.  At any rate, he looks like a complete jackass and I hope this costs him $$$. 

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Isn’t the rule for vaccinated players that they just need two negative tests 24 hours apart? If he was vaccinated and tested negative 24 hours apart, he would be available for Sunday. There lies the issue that people have with him, that his decision is now leaving him unavailable for Sunday’s huge game against Dallas. 

14 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He can’t rejoin the team until the day before the Eagles.  No football activity since Halloween.  If he was vaccinated he could join the team after two negative tests.

Also, if 90 is asymptomatic, he wouldn’t have been tested if he was vaccinated.  And neither would his vaccinated teammates.

Both of those *nodding*...

"The main difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated players is that vaccinated players don't have to worry about being a "high-risk" close contact at any point. They also  have more freedom to participate in activities than their unvaccinated counterparts. Vaccinated players can go out on the road and more easily spend time with teammates outside the facility, among other perks."

"I don’t see me treating Covid until I actually get Covid." - #90

Amazing that this guy has gone 25 years without understanding the general concept of "insurance" or "preventative care". Then again, these are football players not Mensa members. Lol

Now, I bet there are guys in the WFT locker room that have fake vaccine cards. I bet that's actually pretty widespread across the league. But this is such a dumb reason for Montez to miss more games. Could you imagine Jon Allen being unvaccinated? No way. That's real leadership.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why is the question here not about the hypocrisy of the vaccinated vs unvaccinated in league standards. Show us the scientific data showing why unvaccinated players have to wait 10 days and not 5? Why can’t Montez Sweat show 2 negative tests just like a vaccinated player and come back to play?

People should not be questioning his choice but more about the reasoning behind things. If Covid is out your system then you are not a risk to other people. Why wait 10 days?

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Why is the question here not about the hypocrisy of the vaccinated vs unvaccinated in league standards. Show us the scientific data showing why unvaccinated players have to wait 10 days and not 5? Why can’t Montez Sweat show 2 negative tests just like a vaccinated player and come back to play?

People should not be questioning his choice but more about the reasoning behind things. If Covid is out your system then you are not a risk to other people. Why wait 10 days?

Because it’s the rule and this is about availability.

Back in the day, Trent Williams and Fred Davis were dumb for smoking weed.  Not because smoking weed is some evil that we need to clutch our pearls.  But because they knew they would continually be tested and they’d get popped.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Theres an entire thread dedicated to "showing you the science " but you have to read it. 

This is the stadium, where we talk football only and the data says he violated the rules and now has to follow the punishment. End of story.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

This is what happened to Trea Turner and the Nationals.  He gets tested more frequently because he’s unvaccinated.  So he tests positive and then everyone around him gets tested.  I think it was 7 other guys tested positive, some players, some staff.  Those guys were asymptomatic and vaccinated and wouldn’t have been tested if it wasn’t for the unvaccinated guy.  

Is being infected and none the wiser better?

Edited by Tedskins 21
spelling

3 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

Im fully vaxxed and am currently getting over Covid right now.  Its been about 10 days.  So im not sure it really matters but Montez or any other player could get covid as well regardless of Vax status. This thread is making me hate this place. 

I got COVID fully vaccinated and never had more than mild congestion for a couple of days. My point is not to say I told you so or "there!", but that anecdotes are just that - the population-level data proves vaccinated people are at less risk of disease, and clear the virus faster than unvaccinated people.

We know you can still get COVID vaccinated and you can still have severe disease - the point is, reduce your odds of screwing over your team. If I avoid serious injury not wearing a seatbelt, it doesn't mean not wearing a seatbelt still isn't stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Omicron is going to run rampant through the league, and Im curious to see if they will keep the arbitrary testing vax/non-vax rules with it if it continues to appear it makes no difference for either.  I dont recall whether the commish gets to just make the rules on that or whether the NFLPA is involved as well, but I suspect they change the rules in about a month or so or end up with a lot of cancelled games.

I dont think our D has particularly struggled without Sweat(and in fact without Sweat and Chase its been much better, coincidence or not).  He knew the rules and the chances, I think people are too bent out of shape about it but we live in that age and he gets paid the millions to deal with that.

• Like 1