Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I get the feeling you're wrong. 

I could be, but let’s not pretend Fitz is an iron clad starter. He can’t afford to have bad game after bad game and expect to keep his job. After the playoff game against TB and if he out plays Fitz, I believe Rivera will seriously consider it.

Edited by No Nonsense

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I could be, but let’s not pretend Fitz is an iron clad starter. He can’t afford to have bad game after bad game and expect to keep his job. After the playoff game against TB and if he out plays Fitz, I believe Rivera will seriously consider it.

Fitz is the iron clad game one starter.

Now... how long his leash is is anyone's guess.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:He’s a good long term backup if nothing else and has some moxy to come into a game or start a few and play with passion. He doesn’t have stud tools but he offers some upside and we need that. 

Agree with all of your post other than this as it literally describes all three of our qbs to a T.

that etienne pick made me want to yack. They found the diamond in the rough in Robinson then wasted a 1st round pick on the same position when the team had holes everywhere but WR. Terrible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Really wish we were in on that Minshew deal, I’d have beat what the Eagles gave easily by a full round (a 5th that can become a 4th). He’s a good long term backup if nothing else and has some moxy to come into a game or start a few and play with passion. He doesn’t have stud tools but he offers some upside and we need that. He had a slump last year on an awful team whose terrible staff was wiped, but he showed a lot of promise and balls as a rookie. Great value for a 6th or 5th round pick for the Eagles, especially given how much of a risky bet Hurts is. 

The main story here though is how out of his depth Urban Meyer is. Fully stole HALF of his lauded #1 overall pick’s offseason reps in service to a fake competition with a guy he ended up trading for a 6th? ****ing moronic. The Etienne panic pick after he missed on who he really wanted already showed a crack, but this is a really good look into how much he’s not cut out for this. 

Seems to me we already have 2 QBs at Minchew's level already.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

17 hours ago, Nerm said:

If Dak is OK, they have the best QB in the division, and that is usually enough.  

The Saints went 7-9 3 years in a row when Drew Brees was in his prime.  Neither Cam Newton not Matt Ryan are better QBs than Drew Brees (And I'll fight anybody who wants to try and argue otherwise, and I'll win, so don't try), nor anybody who was playing for Tamp Bay at the time.  

Aaron Rodgers hasn't won the division every year.  most years, sure.  But not every year.  

The Rams won the division when they had Goff.  And Wilson is a better QB by far. The 49ers won the division with G-however-you-spell-galo.  And Wilson is a million times better than him.  

The only real example of the best QB in the division ALWAYS winning the division is Brady with NE.  But that division also had pathetic Bills, Dolphins and Jets teams. That's more the exception than the rule.  

The NFL is NOT the NBA, where if you have one of the top 5 guys you're a top 5 team.

It clearly helps.  But it's not the rule.  

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I really want this to be true because:

1. He's not coming here

2. The Eagles and Giants are most likely both going to be looking for QBs next off season, and I'd prefer the guy in another division.  And I have no doubt the Eagles would go for Watson.  Sum sucking bottom dwellers.  

18 hours ago, bh32 said:

Dallas's geriatric O-line is gonna get their ass beat when they face WFT's D-line..I don't know what the schedule makers were thinking with them playing both games at the end of the season..

I honestly doubt most of Dallas' OL will be healthy enough to play by the end of the season.  They might be playing with second and third stringers by that point.  They are following the Bruce Allen roster management playbook: Have a lot of guys injured, that's ok, trust that they will stay healthy next year!  Because that always works.  

EDIT: I just saw @Jumbo post about ATL.  I think these are really more WFT related posts, but happy to move if it's outside the lines.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Wonder if some trades occur after the game tonight.  Not right after of course but between completion of game and the season opener.  I think there may be 1 or 2 that occur.  Thoughts?

Edited by RWJ

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And likely, it will be our defense that wins it this year, as well (because for one, we took a great defensive strength and made it even stronger. Then we took our weaknesses on offense and made it stronger).

We can win with less than great QB play.

I agree, we got better at 2 of the 3 teams. ST play so far has me a bit concerned. Our D will keep us in a lot of close games, and sometimes a few FGs can determine who makes the post season. Thank God we have Tress, and fingers crossed Slopkins gets it together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

EDIT: I just saw @Jumbo post about ATL.  I think these are really more WFT related posts, but happy to move if it's outside the lines.  

not a problem---i said in my post that this should carry on per normal...it's been an exception for awhile and i have zero interest in disrupting the flow and it dependably self-regulates anyway

the atn thread is simply what it says in the op and i thought it might (or might not) be of use throughout the season

In my opinion we need to sign or pick up another back and PS Patterson...he's not ready for prime time. At this point I'm giving reps to Samuel at RB once he comes back but if I'm RR I need to get another solid pro into the mix. Someone is gonna come available who can help us....lets see what the waiver wire turns up. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Borgold said:

I think that's a pretty good point. I think the chances of Barber being poached is pretty small. How many teams view him as a necessary piece to their puzzle?

Exactly zero teams in the USA, Canada, or the Democratic Republic of the Congo.  There is however a North Korean Aussie rules football team that is dying to get their hands on him...

Edited by DiscoBob

36 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

In my opinion we need to sign or pick up another back and PS Patterson...he's not ready for prime time. At this point I'm giving reps to Samuel at RB once he comes back but if I'm RR I need to get another solid pro into the mix. Someone is gonna come available who can help us....lets see what the waiver wire turns up. 

Before tonight I'd have argued that Patterson has to make the squad, but those back-to-back dropped passes didn't help build his case at all.