Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

10 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Cheers👍

Yeah I don't see any weakness in their treatment plans here.  100% on schedule at this point for both of these guys.

I feel like we will be calling on you the next time we need something like this explained homie. Be ready! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Man that really sucks for him and the Jags.  I love that guy's game and hope he has a successful recovery.

On the bright side though, the Jags do have Laviska Shenault and James Robinson, so they should be able to fill the role Etienne was set to occupy.  They lost a lot of playmaking punch, but they could still be explosive.

Almost like they shouldnt have drafted him the first place.  If he's so easily replaceabke and you have needs at every position, why take him?  It was malpractice amd thats not even a commentary on Etienne.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

The truth is that what you are expressing as a concern is exactly why you should be thankful that this training staff has taken the correct treatment actions to ensure that he doesn't have any lingering injury going into the season. 

First, look at the anatomy:grointear.jpg.5ccb15a6aebc33ae1d69adbd7af642a1.jpg

The groin muscles are the adductors and are on the inside of the thigh.  We don't know which one is torn.  That's what a strain is.✔ 

In speed athletes, these muscles are normally the more medial aspects of one of these muscles.  In order to heal from this type of muscle tear, it takes at least 8 weeks.✔ 

Unless you're pumping him full of growth hormone and supplementing with super physiological doses of testosterone, you cannot risk re-tearing the muscle and have to wait.  He was injured in late June and he's just come off the PUP list.  So, he's on schedule. ✔

Next part of the 100% healing process is strengthening.  He'll  have to get his conditioning ramped up over the next couple of weeks, but there's far more positive indications that his injuries won't linger, as the treatment plan they've administered was correct.  ✔

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

The truth is that what you are expressing as a concern is exactly why you should be thankful that this training staff has taken the correct treatment actions to ensure that he doesn't have any lingering injury going into the season. 

First, look at the anatomy:grointear.jpg.5ccb15a6aebc33ae1d69adbd7af642a1.jpg

The groin muscles are the adductors and are on the inside of the thigh.  We don't know which one is torn.  That's what a strain is.✔ 

In speed athletes, these muscles are normally the more medial aspects of one of these muscles.  In order to heal from this type of muscle tear, it takes at least 8 weeks.✔ 

Unless you're pumping him full of growth hormone and supplementing with super physiological doses of testosterone, you cannot risk re-tearing the muscle and have to wait.  He was injured in late June and he's just come off the PUP list.  So, he's on schedule. ✔

Next part of the 100% healing process is strengthening.  He'll  have to get his conditioning ramped up over the next couple of weeks, but there's far more positive indications that his injuries won't linger, as the treatment plan they've administered was correct.  ✔

My dude, my very first sentence explicitly stated I’m not worried about his current injury for all the reasons you listed. I’m much more familiar with all of the above than I’d like to be. You put a lot of effort into the post which I can appreciate but you missed my point. My concern is not with the current injury but with the fact that when guys miss the entire offseason, no matter what for, they tend to deal with a myriad of injury issues throughout the season because they’re not in football shape. 

To your point the staff is doing exactly what they should be and it is what it is but a ton of other lower body issues can arise when a guy hasn’t worked full speed all offseason then tries to go when the season starts - you can’t simulate the cutting and contact no matter how good conditioning, band/strength work is, etc. 

They're doing all the right things based on the situation, but the situation itself worries me that one of our key new pieces to Turner’s offense is, IMO, an injury concern for this year. We all saw jd McKissic last year. Samuel is him on steroids - opposite in that he was more a Rb in college but conversely transitioned to Wr. All the motion, movement, jet sweep etc is him. Hell, instead of motioning to empty, you can go empty with no rb’s then motion him to the backfield. That’s just a single wrinkle but he opens up a lot presnap let alone all he can do during a play. Here’s to hoping he can come back ready to roll and not see any further issues. 

Edited by moondog
  • Like 1

Why all the worry about Samuels not practicing?  Guy is a veteran and played in the same system in Carolina. Sure i5 would be nice to see him develop some chemistry with Fitz but I’m not worried. It’s a long season and getting him fully healthy is priority number one. 

I'm sure he will be the complement to Terry that we thought he would be. 

5 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Why all the worry about Samuels not practicing?  Guy is a veteran and played in the same system in Carolina. Sure i5 would be nice to see him develop some chemistry with Fitz but I’m not worried. It’s a long season and getting him fully healthy is priority number one. 

Lmao again, zero to do with him knowing the offense. Does anyone read people’s posts before responding? I mean, I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!

• Like 3

On 8/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think Rivera has to cut someone he really doesn't want to.

This is a good problem to have. For decades we've kept crap because Jay, or Bruce, or Vinny, or Dan wanted to keep someone they personally liked. I much prefer the tougher choices.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

"I don’t really put much stock into it," Fitzpatrick said. "When we get into the season, we’re going to rely more on certain playmakers, we’re going to have certain schemes. There’s just different things we’ll do. It’d be nice to be able to do some of that stuff in the preseason but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal right now."

In the Burgundy and Gold's latest matchup versus the Bengals, Fitzpatrick nearly exceeded 100 yards in a quarter of action, but he wasn't very sharp in key situations.

He didn't hit Thomas on an easy out route on a third down attempt to keep a possession going, and he missed both Thomas and Adam Humphries for would-be scores later in the evening.

In Fitzpatrick's mind, though, those mistakes don't warrant any type of panic. He was looking in the right places, he picked out the correct targets and, unfortunately, he just didn't top it all off with a completion in those instances.

"I’ve missed plenty of throws in my career, I’m sure that’s not going to be the last one," Fitzpatrick said. "You like to find out the why. Was it a bad throw, was it technique, was he not in the place I thought he was going to be? You go from there and you just work it out."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ryan-fitzpatrick-unbothered-washingtons-lack-preseason-touchdowns

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The problem is the offense is just not there, no matter what we think our defense is capable of.  We weren't able to pull off the concomitant growth on both sides of the ball necessary to be a real contender.  Part of that was the absolute failure of the Haskins and Guice picks, as they should be the backbone of an emergent offense in an ideal world.  Part of it was cycling through OL talent so rapidly, without necessarily coming up with upgrades.  Part of it is we just haven't gotten many big hits on mid to late round picks other than McLaurin, and the real contenders almost always get a lot of talent from those.  And part of it was that investing so heavily in the building of the defense absolutely came at the expense of the offense.  Using your resources is a zero sum game.  We seem to have scored big hits with our picks, but Montez cost us picks that could have been DK Metcalf and Jonathan Taylor or Jaylon Johnson or AJ Epenesa.  Chase cost us Herbert or Tagavailoa.  Jamin Davis cost us Najee Harris.  We could have gone heavy but not so heavy on spending premium team building resources on the defense and been better off.  Obviously I would rather have DK Metcalf and one of the second round fallers from 2020 than Montez.  And Jamin Davis is the least defensible choice we made IMO.  At that point we'd invested four first round picks and two second round picks in four years on the front and Jamin Davis wasn't even a BPA pick.

We just need to find a QB.  We can justify every decision we've made if we can get Aaron Rodgers, DeShaun Watson, or Russell Wilson.  Then we just look like we've got a loaded roster due to all of the luxury picks we made at DL and LB, as happened for Tampa Bay.

I think Deshaun’s character will rule him out and whenever his off the field issues are settled; he’s looking at a suspension.

Wilson, if things go well in Seattle this year; isn’t going anywhere.

Rodgers maybe an option but what’s the cost? Also, if you are going spend capital on a QB; why spend it on a qb that maybe has 2-3 good years vs a rookie that may give you 10-15 years.

Ron has to find that long term qb in 22 or his era won’t do anything.

49 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I’ll admit I’m concerned. I don’t like the idea that he’s had zero practice time to get any sort of timing down with Fitz. That doesn’t happen overnight, it will take a few weeks at least. And that’s assuming he’s actually fine and will play week 1. Just fine it hard to believe that he’ll just pop into the lineup and be full go from the first snap. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terpfan said:

I’ll admit I’m concerned. I don’t like the idea that he’s had zero practice time to get any sort of timing down with Fitz. That doesn’t happen overnight, it will take a few weeks at least. And that’s assuming he’s actually fine and will play week 1. Just fine it hard to believe that he’ll just pop into the lineup and be full go from the first snap. 

Just being on the field with Terry will force coverage to Terry's benefit. He can decoy until he can go full throttle and split time with others. And Fitz can take a shot or two just to keep the D honest. They'll have to game plan for him

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah and as you and i both mentioned, he is a good dude too, high character. 

Is his answer in response to a question about him missing the McLaurin read?  I can't believe they'd ask him about that.

I think it's good that something like that happened in preseason, because those kinds of mistakes stick with you and help you learn.

42 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think Deshaun’s character will rule him out and whenever his off the field issues are settled; he’s looking at a suspension.

Wilson, if things go well in Seattle this year; isn’t going anywhere.

Rodgers maybe an option but what’s the cost? Also, if you are going spend capital on a QB; why spend it on a qb that maybe has 2-3 good years vs a rookie that may give you 10-15 years.

Ron has to find that long term qb in 22 or his era won’t do anything.

It doesn't have to be a long term QB if you get someone as special as Aaron Rodgers.  He is one of the best to ever play the game, and if Rodgers was on this year's team, we'd be an honest Superbowl contender.  With another year to build, who knows?  Getting three good years from Peyton Manning was enough for John Elway in Denver, and if Ron won a ring here he would be golden.  He'd have carte blanche for a decade and have plenty of time to build again after Rodgers moved on.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There is almost no cost too high for 2-3 seasons of a guy like Rodgers, if this roster already has the talent we think it does. You just do it and try to win some SB’s, that’s what the game is all about. It’s not a reckless shortcut, it’s putting the finishing touch on a roster that can go to a SB with a QB that good. 

Yeah, if you can spend the same or similar draft capital to get a seemingly sure fire stud blue chip QB prospect, that’s smarter. But that’s unlikely to be the case given where we’ll be drafting even if we’re only mediocre, how many teams have way more draft resources than us (including within our own division) to move up for such a prospect, etc. You make it sound like a binary choice when that option for a good rookie QB might not even end up anywhere near being on the table. Rodgers might not either, but we have more control over that than the alternative. 

36 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Another thing about Aaron; he wants to have a say in personnel. That will be a factor in where he chooses. I can’t see Ron being that accommodating.

He wants to feel as if his opinions and thoughts are respected, given the lopsided impact he has on the team’s success or failure. He doesn’t want to call the shots on draft day or call agents at midnight when the FA tampering period opens—he wants his coaches and FO guys to care what he thinks and use the knowledge he can contribute, in whatever way they can. Ron is EXACTLY the type of leader who can connect with people and make a guy like Rodgers feel included and important to the process without it being a weird situation. We’re not talking about Lebron running his team in the NBA lol. Rodgers (and maybe 3-4 other QBs in the entire league) makes such a massively lopsided contribution to his franchise’s BILLIONS of dollars worth of market value, it’s not inappropriate to ask the dude’s opinion once in a while. You trust the guy to study film until his eyes bleed and then take what he sees and go and try to win Super Bowls for you with that info—trusting those eyes to throw you some ideas on the FO side as a contribution isn’t ridiculous or a crazy ask. Same with guys like Brady, maybe Mahomes and Wilson. Playing with these guys IS the major draw for prospective FA’s to begin with, after all. 

Anyways, my point is that Rivera is the type of man and leader who could easily incorporate a guy like Rodgers into the fold and make it work. And that’s not even taking into account that Rodgers is so damn good that it’s worth doing regardless. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, terpfan said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see either Everett as a surprise cut or Forrest to the PS.

Everett wouldn't be much of a surprise, he's far from a lock. He's a back-up, who's expensive, and at a position of depth. In fact, I think the team would like to move on from Everett...if it can be fine with a decent replacement for the special teams.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Might as well plan on starting the season with out c samuel?..

I’m no expert, but I think they’re handling him the way they are precisely so they can be sure he’ll be good to go week 1. They’re being cautious, and he probably won’t play every snap he normally would, but I’d bet he starts and plays. Just my guess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Everett wouldn't be much of a surprise, he's far from a lock. He's a back-up, who's expensive, and at a position of depth. In fact, I think the team would like to move on from Everett...if it can be fine with a decent replacement for the special teams.

He's the special team captain. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m no expert, but I think they’re handling him the way they are precisely so they can be sure he’ll be good to go week 1. They’re being cautious, and he probably won’t play every snap he normally would, but I’d bet he starts and plays. Just my guess.

Wellllllll I'm not an expert on being able to tell rather someone is an expert or not buuuuut I appreciate your two cents. 

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1