Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

16 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

There are a few players we've been talking about as maybes these last few pages, but are basically locks:

RB Patterson

TE Reyes

CB Apke

K Hopkins

I place a higher value on what Rivera says than other coach's - he's a straight-shooter.

They intend for their first 4 picks to play as 'starters'. That's pretty exciting for this franchise and the team's current core. Combine that with getting Patterson and Reyes... 

This is your NFC East Division Champs. 

I'd be shocked if Reyes made the active roster.  Huge potential but he doesn't look ready for prime time.  I figure him to land on the practice squad.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, mojo said:

I'd be shocked if Reyes made the active roster.  Huge potential but he doesn't look ready for prime time.  I figure him to land on the practice squad.

Prepare for shock. No way we will be exposed to waivers.  The extreme talent is there and he actually performed better than almost everyone thought he would. No way he is attempted to be put on the PS.  He would be sniped immediately by a plethora of teams. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, mojo said:

You watched the game, right?  He did a good job & was probably the 2nd best TE for us in the game. Figuring it was his first FOOTBALL game ever; (not HS, College, anything) I though he did a fabulous job considering all the factors. Just my opinion mind you, but he is good, and talented, and an infant football wise. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

You watched the game, right?  He did a good job & was probably the 2nd best TE for us in the game. Figuring it was his first FOOTBALL (not HS, College, anything) I though he did a fabulous job considering all the factors. Just my opinion mind you, but he is good, and talented, and an infant football wise. 

I'm with you. 

I think he'd likely be gone if exposed while on the PS. I think he'll make some great plays, but have some bad ones, too. I think you gotta treat him like a mid-round draft pick and protect and develop accordingly. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mojo said:

The exponential curve with him will be high. His improvement game-to-game will be noticeable enough to draw interest.

He's making the squad. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

With only 3 games and a week in between the last and the first week, it's foolish not to play everyone.

I think a lot of teams are leaning on joint practices to get work in they'd usually want to get in preseason games.  Most of the teams at the bottom of that list (like us) aren't doing joint practices.  

3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I must be thinking of some other Caleb Wilson.

Yeah, I someone think the same Caleb Wilson that Washington cut last year in favor of Jeremy Sprinkle and Marcus Baugh isn't exactly the answer. Particularly if the question is experience.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dckey said:

Under the new PS rules, Can you protect 4 players on the PS from being claimed????  If so I can see Reyes and Patterson being placed on PS and then being protected

They gotta get to the prac squad thru waivers first, and the protection is not all incompassing either

"Teams can designate four players every week that are protected from being signed by other teams. This protection starts on Tuesday each week, so every practice squad player is still available to be signed to the regular roster of another team after their team's game that week until the deadline on Tuesday."

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

They gotta get to the prac squad thru waivers first, and the protection is not all incompassing either

"Teams can designate four players every week that are protected from being signed by other teams. This protection starts on Tuesday each week, so every practice squad player is still available to be signed to the regular roster of another team after their team's game that week until the deadline on Tuesday."

Got it, thanks for the info!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silvernon said:

I place a higher value on what Rivera says than other coach's - he's a straight-shooter.

They intend for their first 4 picks to play as 'starters'.

Has Dyami supplanted Cam Sims on the depth chart?  And has he then also shown more overall ability than Humphries?

We don't know how many snaps a game Curtis Samuel gets, but he's going to take a majority.

11 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Before we predict Paterson making the team let’s see how he does going against one’s. He did look solid against the Pats and Barber looked slow. With Lamar getting cut I could see the team going with 3 rbs and Jaret being the third guy. Hard to trust an undrafted rookie running back as your starter if Gibson goes down. 

I think Carter is our 6th wide receiver because of his return ability. He also isn’t a bad slot receiver.  I hope he also becomes our kick returner as I’m tired of seeing Danny Johnson back there. We need someone who can take it to the house on any given play and Johnson can’t do that and Sims is too unreliable. 

I've been predicting it since we signed him. So... I'm going to keep predicting it :)

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think yall predicting Barber being cut, are bonkers. He's the only pure RB and short yardage guy we have. He's also the best pass blocker by a mile. When you're trying to protect a lead against a tired defense, He's perfect and you don't risk injuring Gibson on those plays. Barber is a pure banger and when you're trying to hammer it into the end zone from a couple yards out, you give Barber the ball and let Scherff, Cosmi and Roullie just bully whoever is in front of them.

Yall can give me the "its a passing league" weary expression all you want. If you can't get 2 yards, when you need 1, you'll lose games.

• Like 1

I feel sorry that Kelvin Harmon got cut so early. I know he was a long shot (though I feel he's probably better than Gandy Golden), but I remember when McLauren, Harmon, and Simms were all rookies and managed to produce. I was hoping he would find a way. Probably a long shot considering how coaches seem to really emphasize speed, but still...

I wonder if he never was able to fully come back after his injury and being an already slow footed possession type, losing any speed at all was a killer. I suppose it also could be that AGG was a Rivera pick and Harmon was chosen by the previous regime.

• Like 1