Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

5 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Come to think of it… I don’t think I’ve read a single mention of Darrick Forrest, S, our 5th round pick, all camp. That’s virtually impossible.

Because he's like a sniper...so deceptive, that by the time you see him, it's too late ;)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

When I saw him putting salt on his sandwich, the first thing I thought was "I hope his cardiologist isn't watching this..."

Dude? Really? This is who you thought about?

You know this is who he was: not even human.

tumblr_pbohepzw1K1qhu2ibo1_400.gifv

Edited by ClaytoAli

4 hours ago, method man said:

collins, curl, reeves, mccain, forrest, bsj, wj3, fuller, moreland, roberts, johnson

forrest was brought in to replace everett

Collins, Curl, McCain, WJIII, Fuller, Juste, Forest are locks.

Everett is a ST captain. Moreland is close to a lock I think.

The last two spots between Reeves, Johnson, Apke and Roberts is tough. Apke is probably the best on STs.

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think them exceeding expectations with the O line is really old school Giants.  Their most recent SB teams for example had good o lines.  The Giants in recent years has been thwarted by their O line arguably more than any other spot.

I'll give them that they keep trying.  I am surprised Will Hernandez has been "meh".  He was really good in college.  To some extent ditto as for Shane Lemieux and Andre Thomas.

Sounds like they have serious coaching/scheme issues.  Not just those three prospects that failed to develop properly, but Zeitler and Solder were very good veterans who signed there and got significantly worse.

Also hard not to look at the difference in Ereck Flowers when he was here vs when he was there and conclude the same thing: they can't develop offensive linemen any more.  Certainly not as well as we can.  We have lesser raw talent in our OL pipeline and have gotten significantly better line play than them, and did so with less backfield talent.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Sounds like they have serious coaching/scheme issues.  Not just those three prospects that failed to develop properly, but Zeitler and Solder were very good veterans who signed there and got significantly worse.

Also hard not to look at the difference in Ereck Flowers when he was here vs when he was there and conclude the same thing: they can't develop offensive linemen any more.  Certainly not as well as we can.  We have lesser raw talent in our OL pipeline and have gotten significantly better line play than them, and did so with less backfield talent.

I generally agree but in fairness to Flowers they insisted on playing him at T. We moved him to G and he flourished. To your point though, if the Giants had better coaching they would have not doubled down on him being a T and moved him to G. 

2022 NFL quarterback market predictions: 18 teams that could swap starters, and where Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson might land

Washington Football Team

Current starter: Ryan Fitzpatrick
Signed through: 2021

Had Washington been picking higher than No. 19 overall in the draft, it could have been the team that made a move for Justin Fields or Mac Jones in April. Ryan Fitzpatrick, signed in March, is not the long-term answer at the position, and the organization knows that.

No matter how this season goes, expect Washington to be in the quarterback market in 2022. The team is quite cognizant that this is a position it still needs to solidify.

Most likely outcome: A first-round rookie.

Long shot: Deshaun Watson. As with Rodgers and the Packers, the Texans likely would prefer to send Watson to a different conference.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32004015/2022-nfl-quarterback-market-predictions-18-teams-swap-starters-where-aaron-rodgers-russell-wilson-land

New York Giants

Current starter: Daniel Jones
Signed through: 2023 (if fifth-year option is picked up)

It's a big year for Jones, a first-round pick in 2019. Yeah, life comes at you fast. Next May, the Giants will have to decide whether to pick up Jones' fifth-year option for 2023. That decision is likely to depend in large part on the way Jones performs in 2021.

If they come out of this year convinced that he is their long-term franchise quarterback, the Giants can use their two first-round picks to continue to build around him. If they come out of this year unconvinced on Jones, they can use those picks to draft a replacement.

Most likely outcome: Jones

Long shot: Rattler, Howell or whoever is the top draft pick. A Jones flop in 2021 likely would be the end for general manager Dave Gettleman's time there -- though we've thought that before -- and a new GM would likely want to choose his own quarterback.

Philadelphia Eagles

Current starter: Jalen Hurts
Signed through: 2023

Having moved on from Carson Wentz in February, the Eagles are (for now) turning things over to their second-year signal-caller Hurts. But if Wentz recovers from his foot injury quickly enough and plays 75% of the Colts' offensive snaps, the Eagles would have three first-round picks next year. That puts them in position to draft a quarterback, to trade for Watson or Wilson or Rodgers -- pretty much to do anything they want to do.

They've been connected with Watson for good reason and look like the team most likely to make a push once there's more certainty about Watson's situation. Hurts, a second-round pick last year, has been in similar situations before, and maybe he surprises them with a big year. But in the meantime, the Eagles are in a prime spot to go QB hunting in 2022, if not sooner.

Most likely outcome: Watson. There's no team better equipped to trade for him.

Long shot: Hurts, off a surprising monster season.

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I generally agree but in fairness to Flowers they insisted on playing him at T. We moved him to G and he flourished. To your point though, if the Giants had better coaching they would have not doubled down on him being a T and moved him to G. 

They've been even worse with their guards than their tackles according to those PFF scores.  Lemieux struggled terribly, Hernandez has gotten worse since he came into the league, and Zeitler went from Scherff-level with the Bengals and Browns to a below average starter with the Giants and a cap casualty.  I don't think it was just about finding the right position for Flowers.  It's about teaching your players, designing a good scheme, and developing their confidence.  Sounds like they have been utter failures at that, and that things went from bad with Shurmur to worse with Judge.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

They've been even worse with their guards than their tackles according to those PFF scores.  Lemieux struggled terribly, Hernandez has gotten worse since he came into the league, and Zeitler went from Scherff-level with the Bengals and Browns to a below average starter with the Giants and a cap casualty.  I don't think it was just about finding the right position for Flowers.  It's about teaching your players, designing a good scheme, and developing their confidence.  Sounds like they have been utter failures at that, and that things went from bad with Shurmur to worse with Judge.

Hmm.. I wrote one thing and seems you read something else...  LOL  I did not make the statement bolded. Not even close. I was not disagreeing with you they had coaching problems. In fact I started with a generally agreed with your statements of scheme and coaching guys up. I addressed only Flowers in that ALONG WITH those other issues they also insisted on keeping FLowers at T. 

Anyway glad they are having issues. And Danny #nodimes (he has never been over 62.9% comp % in college or the NFL) is going to struggle again. 

#WFT DT Matt Ioannidis on DT Jonathan Allen’s contract extension:

“That was awesome. Jon is my guy. I was happy for him. I know he and I have been buddies for a long time, and we've talked about what the future looks like for the team, for the franchise, individually, and stuff like that. 

So, when you see a guy like Jon get paid, you're nothing but happy for him because you know he's worked for it. He's put in the work, he's led, he sacrificed he's everything you want out of a leader. Jon's been there. So couldn't be happier for him.”

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

#WFT DT Matt Ioannidis on DT Jonathan Allen’s contract extension:

“That was awesome. Jon is my guy. I was happy for him. I know he and I have been buddies for a long time, and we've talked about what the future looks like for the team, for the franchise, individually, and stuff like that. 

So, when you see a guy like Jon get paid, you're nothing but happy for him because you know he's worked for it. He's put in the work, he's led, he sacrificed he's everything you want out of a leader. Jon's been there. So couldn't be happier for him.”

This team is developing some seriously good chemistry by EVERYTHING I've heard & read.  That is crucial in the ultimate team sport of football.  It bodes well for our future.  A bunch of really caring, devoted, and dedicated guys.  The emphasis Ron and the staff have on character really does matter.  I like this very much  love this. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

This team is developing some seriously good chemistry by EVERYTHING I've heard & read.  That is crucial in the ultimate team sport of football.  It bodes well for our future.  A bunch of really caring, devoted, and dedicated guys.  The emphasis Ron and the staff have on character really does matter.  I like this very much. 

That quote is awesome, isn't it? Seeing guys work together in the offseason, staying after practice to keep training together. We have a serious "team" of players who want to be special. I love this team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That quote is awesome, isn't it? Seeing guys work together in the offseason, staying after practice to keep training together. We have a serious "team" of players who want to be special. I love this team.

Nice to see a team that's not coking and joking all the time. Finally a serious group of guys that want to play hard. Gruden was a buddy coach and only wanted the players to think he was cool.

• Like 2

The thing I want to see most tonight is an effortless first drive on offense.

Yeah that sounds backwards but what I mean is the best teams always look like they put together one completely effortless scoring drive in the pre season and then shut it down and the rest of the game is meaningless. 

That's what I'd love to see tonight.

And no injuries!

Should be interesting to see how the Cam vs Jones thing plays out.

They're basically polar opposite QBs. Cam is very athletic, a threat to make plays with his legs, and has a huge arm but isn't very accurate as a passer. Jones is not very athletic, not a threat to do much with his legs, but is a super accurate pocket passer...however he has a very mediocre arm.

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am learning Mac Jones versus Cam is a growing story line in NE -- that should help bring out I'd presume the best of both players tonight.   Mac is apparently having a really good camp.

Im thinking Mac Jones is going to be pretty damn good in NE.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1