Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

29 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, the radio team (Julie, Bram and DHall) are all 3 allowed to be at the game in person, but apparently the NBC announcers (Joe and Kenny) arent. So they’re going to be calling the game from our stadium tonight 

I'm OK with that.  Joe Theismann is constantly gets names wrong and sometimes he doesn't even seem to know what is going on during the game. It's painful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

The Watson camp has already conceded that consensual sex resulted from some massage sessions.  I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but its not hard to look at this whole case and conclude that he's guilty.  

It's not quite OJ guilty, I'll give you that.  Its pretty clear something over the line was happening though.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Bingo, there most likely would have been heavy negotiations involved to keep this information from the public. 

I think some are missing my point.  Let me clarify…

I am aware that evidence can and may be suppressed.  I am not disputing the allegations or defending Watson at all.

I am merely saying the gravity of the scenario is hard to process intellectually and emotionally, personally and as a society, because we’ve not seen anything quite like this before.

14 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I'm OK with that.  Joe Theismann is constantly gets names wrong a

Well, he doesn't even know how to pronounce his own name ( it's actually Theez-man ) lol

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I normally don't get into preseason games. But...I guess I just want to tune in, to see Cam and Ron embrace for a few seconds before the game...kinda like

Kurt.jpg

I forgot it's 2021, so this is how it went down...

E8n5LuWWEAEif4b.jpg

36 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The thing about the Watson case is there is no real precedent for it.  The combination of factors at play is almost beyond comprehension.  

The allegations are unprecedented.

The reputation previous to this was beyond question.

There is no smoking gun.  No photos.  No videos.  No texts.  No woman has ever walked out of a room with Watson and immediately called the police to report an assault…or any crime at all.

But, where’s there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Its hard to process.  Speaking for myself, I’m gonna let it play out in the courts….not the media.  And damn sure not on Twitter.

The smoking gun is that there is so much smoke that there's something on fire somewhere. 

I think it was Shannon Sharpe who talked about still using the same masseuse even as a retiree. Talked about wanting a professional who knows his body, etc. Lambasted the guy for using Instagram to get massages from women who are largely amateurs. 

That's not a QB you want leading a franchise. It takes a series of bad decisions to end up where he did. 

It's a real bad look. That's something you run away from, but hoping Philly doesn't from an entertainment standpoint. 

Edited by Silvernon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

My buddy just surprised me with these.

He made them for me for helping him with something.

This is one heck of a thank you and coincidentally on game day too which I'm sure he had absolutely no idea it was.20210812_171647.thumb.jpg.9090c267297492fc128ba5eb8d66a92a.jpg

Holy!  That stuff isn't cheap, either from a $ standpoint or hours spent standpoint.  Must have been something nice you helped with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

To be fair, i doubt many of us have done anything anywhere close to the level of what the accusers are claiming Watson did (if they are in fact true) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Im not going to keep going on about this.  But like you said, number one “if” it’s true, and on the other hand, no one here knows what everyone else has done.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There is no smoking gun.  No photos.  No videos.  No texts.  No woman has ever walked out of a room with Watson and immediately called the police to report an assault…or any crime at all.

There are text messages.  From multiple parties, including Watson, acknowledging that improper stuff happened, or has a track record of happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The thing about the Watson case is there is no real precedent for it.  The combination of factors at play is almost beyond comprehension.  

The allegations are unprecedented.

The reputation previous to this was beyond question.

Its hard to process.  Speaking for myself, I’m gonna let it play out in the courts….not the media.  And damn sure not on Twitter.

My conspiracy theory cap is on, but I've always found it ironic that all of this just happened to come out after he made it public about this dislike for the Texans front office. Part of me would not be surprised if it came out later down the line that this was orchestrated by the Texans.  Again, just a conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

What is the correct thread to do our 53 man predictions?  Is it here?

Aqui

3 hours ago, Borgold said:

Not being reactionary. I don’t get why Hopkins doesn’t have a legit contender to challenge him. He wasn’t great last year. He has a history of bad misses and injuries, too. 

bring in some kickers. 

Can't touch him.

He's Teflon Dustin

• Thanks 1

In one of the only parts of a preseason football game that can be taken at face value, the struggles that plagued kicker Dustin Hopkins early last season re-emerged. Hopkins sent attempts from 40 and 50 yards wide left despite what appeared to be clean exchanges from first-year long-snapper Camaron Cheeseman and punter/holder Tress Way.

The 30-year-old kicker, who closed last season by drilling 14 of his final 15 attempts, re-signed on a one-year deal in the offseason. He’s been inconsistent during practice, and the unit botched one attempt at FedEx Field last Friday because of a bad snap, but the two misses are the biggest warning signs so far that Washington may need to look for other options.

“There is not a concern,” Rivera said. “I think it’s disappointing, but at the end of the day we have a new operation that’s got to continue to get it worked out, and we’ve got two more preseason games to get it corrected.”

Undrafted running back Jaret Patterson and second-year quarterback Steven Montez starred in the loss. Montez led a 92-yard scoring drive to tie the game late as part of a much-needed boost after struggling at practice. He completed 17 of 24 attempts for 108 yards, one touchdown and one interception. Patterson rushed 10 times for 40 yards and showed some wiggle.

“He didn’t surprise us,” Rivera said of Patterson. “I mean, that’s what we saw in the young man. He had a terrific college career and he’s had a good camp so far. I think we expected him to do some positive things, so it was good to watch.”

...After cycling through many players at many spots for the first two weeks of training camp, Washington’s depth chart seemed to slowly come into focus throughout the game.

In a deep, competitive group, the top pass catchers were Terry McLaurin, Cam Sims and Adam Humphries, with No. 2 Curtis Samuel (groin) still sidelined. The second tier included Dyami Brown, DeAndre Carter and Steven Sims. Carter and Sims Jr. are battling for the sixth receiver spot and will lean on their skills as returners to help separate. The receivers on the outside looking in: Antonio Gandy-Golden, Kelvin Harmon, Isaiah Wright, Tony Brown and Dax Milne.

On the back end of the defense, free safety Kam Curl and strong safety Landon Collins paired together, with Bobby McCain and Deshazor Everett as the second team. Rivera suggested earlier in camp that McCain, Curl and Collins could see the field together early, and Curl played some Buffalo nickel as well.

At running back, Patterson appeared to slot fourth behind last year’s top three, and at defensive end, James Smith-Williams and William Bradley-King were the top two in snaps behind the starters, though a regular second-teamer in practice, Casey Toohill (toe), missed the game.

“I don’t really pay attention to that,” Patterson said when asked what he thought of being a fan favorite. “I’m a guy from Maryland that went to the University of Buffalo. Blue collar guy that is just ready to put on for the team I grew up watching and just trying to help this team get to where it wants to be.”

After Logan Thomas at tight end, there appears to be a split between Temarrick Hemingway and John Bates for the backup job. Ricky Seals-Jones was fourth.

The first team offensive line consisting of left tackle Charles Leno Jr., left guard Wes Schweitzer, center Chase Roullier, right guard Brandon Scherff and right tackle Sam Cosmi played the first two series.

On the second team, Cornelius Lucas played left tackle, Ereck Flowers jumped in at left guard and Tyler Larsen entered at center. Schweitzer shifted to right guard as a part of the cross-training Rivera prioritizes with his whole team, and Cosmi stayed at right tackle for the extra reps. After struggling in the first week or so of camp, Cosmi has had a strong rebound and looked stout on Thursday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where was Saahdiq Charles lat night?  I can't remember seeing him, and am wondering if he's got an injury.  I was kind of surprised and dismayed that Schweitzer played RG with the second line.  He looked good there, but I was hoping that would be Charles given we know Scherff will miss time this year.  Their plan is to reshuffle and start Flowers at LG when it happens.  Feels like the only way Charles will see the field is if there are a devastating number of injuries to our top six OLs.

I know they are trying to train him at every position, but that doesn't sound good to me.  Sounds like he isn't finding a role and a path to playing time.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Where was Saahdiq Charles lat night?  I can't remember seeing him, and am wondering if he's got an injury.  I was kind of surprised and dismayed that Schweitzer played RG with the second line.  He looked good there, but I was hoping that would be Charles given we know Scherff will miss time this year.  Their plan is to reshuffle and start Flowers at LG when it happens.  Feels like the only way Charles will see the field is if there are a devastating number of injuries to our top six OLs.

I know they are trying to train him at every position, but that doesn't sound good to me.  Sounds like he isn't finding a role and a path to playing time.

I saw Charles, might have been 4th quarter?  but he was definitely out there.

Just found this.  And found elsewhere Charles was playing with the third team.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1