Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

I think we will be a much better football team this year than last year. It takes time to build a culture, to get your system in, and I think the entire offense and defense will make great strides. There is reason so many talking heads are pro-Washington now...there is a lot to like. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'd like to believe it but I don't.  We may have the best WR but Cooper/Lamb (who is about to be a star) and Gallup is clearly a better group than we have IMO.  TE we get the nod, but only the starter, and of course we don't have a Zeke.  And then there is Dak, the best QB by far in the division.  

Yes when fully healthy Dak is the best qb in the division but his injury is somewhat a mystery and even if it heals it could linger throughout the season. Cooper is soft. Lamb is a budding star and Gallup is too inconsistent. 

And don’t forget about their defense which was plain awful last year. Maybe Quinn can improve it but the only real significant addition was Parsons who I think will be a stud but they had 3 pretty good linebackers last year and they still stunk. 

Lastly McCarthy is not a great coach. If it wasn’t for ARod he would have never won anything. Plus he ain’t running that team Jerry still is. He’s the one calling the shots. 

3 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think Dallas is underrated and people forget that Dak was out for most of last year, but I think that when they're remembered/brought up, they're romanticized a bit.  I think we could be equivalent in tier, but I think that head-to-head, we're just better.  I say that with a lot of reservation, but I do believe that we're the team to beat in the division.

Damn I hate to give anything to Dallas, but let’s be realistic, they went from a top 5ish QB to a wft qb. And their defense was literally historically bad, which I can’t imagine we’ll see again with Quinn and their new personnel.

we’ll be in the hunt, but Dallas and their much easier schedule will be in it also.

I think there’s a potential for a 3-team race. And  unlike last year, where it was a crawl to the finish line… I could see the division being a strong one overall.

A lot can still unfold (injuries, suspensions, etc). But this could be a very exciting and stressful season. I anticipate a lot of super highs and terrible lows. Going to have to win some ugly… 

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Damn I hate to give anything to Dallas, but let’s be realistic, they went from a top 5ish QB to a wft qb. And their defense was literally historically bad, which I can’t imagine we’ll see again with Quinn and their new personnel.

we’ll be in the hunt, but Dallas and their much easier schedule will be in it also.

Huh?!?  Y'all know that we play 14 of the same games and the difference of Patriots, Cardinals, Vikings (Dallas schedule) vs Bills, Seahawks, Packers (us) really isn't all that much. 

Besides, they've got to face US twice this year vs. us facing their soft asses. We're gonna stomp a hole in this division this year. First time I've thought that in my adult life. 

Eff Dallas. 

Hail. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm the most excited I have been before a season in a long time. But fans also need to be a bit more realistic. This defense is good on paper but still has holes at linebacker and safety. We don't know if the rookie will be a factor and we still start Bostic and Collins.  There is a reason Ryan Fitzpatrick has played on 7 teams in 11 years, fans are overlooking why that is.  TM is a stud but the other receivers are question marks.  Curtis Samuel may be good here but we've had a lot of WR 2's and 3's from other teams that never really panned out.  Then there is the schedule. 

I am not trying to diminish the optimism here, I wish I felt it too but I have some reservations.  

Linebacker okay I guess, but Safety?  Looks like they’ll have Curl and Collins starting.

• Thanks 1

Every single year people buy the Cowboys agenda sold to us all.  Every player for them is overrated, and I am dead serious. They are far and away the most overrated team & players in the NFL. It is the same ****ing thing every single year.  Want to know why?  Pull up the respective schedules for each team and look at the ticket prices for each game. Dallas nearly doubles us on almost every game. The disparatement is shocking, in all honesty, but it is what it is.  It's a business, and I get it, but shocking that all (our fans as evidenced here) buy in lock, stock, and barrel.  Nobody's fault as is it is force fed to us all on a contant basis. It Is ALL about the $$$$.  I am not convinced they are superior to us in any way and have serious depth issues. God forbid they have an injury or four (picked at random).  I like our chances against them very much, regardless of injury, and have absolutely no fear of them. A big (huge) plus is we have better coaching. I am just tired of the Cows rhetoric, especially here. Let's play the games. I think, in my opinion, you will be pleased.  This Cows bull **** exaltation is becoming tiresome. Our WFT is much better than some here think.  Sorry for the rant.  Hail

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Linebacker okay I guess, but Safety?  Looks like they’ll have Curl and Collins starting.

Collins was terrible last year, now he's coming off a severe injury. I love Curl, at SS.  We don't know if he can do as well at FS.

My fear is death by three-step drop as teams negate our past rush with quick hitters. Many to tight ends and running backs which are two positions we have never been able to cover well.  It also has to be proven that they can stop the run.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Collins was terrible last year, now he's coming off a severe injury. I love Curl, at SS.  We don't know if he can do as well at FS.

My fear is death by three-step drop as teams negate our past rush with quick hitters. Many to tight ends and running backs which are two positions we have never been able to cover well.  It also has to be proven that they can stop the run.

Jamin Davis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cosmi gets it done by hook or by crook.  The technique consistency isn't there but the intensity is, and he is so functionally strong and aggressive that he still holds his ground.  Kind of reminds me of Scherff when he came out of college.  Not as decorated or experienced, but similar athlete and similar mindset as a player.  Actually who he really reminds me of is Taylor Decker, but he's a way better athlete than him.  Cosmi has a chance to become the best player on the offense in a couple of years if the technique catches up to the raw talent with him.

That right side of Roullier, Scherff, Cosmi could be dominant this year.  Should be able to pound the ball that direction, but 18 or 19 games is going to be tough with a thin offensive depth chart and a lot of unvaccinated players.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

The Loss to the Bucs feels almost like a win.  Nobody expected us to be in that game, and nobody expected us to have a game tying drive attempt in the last minute of the game.  To the eventual champs no less.

The players clearly felt like that was a building block and confidence booster.

It was a loss but also a "win".  If this team goes on a playoff run this season, we might be looking at that Bucs loss as the turning point.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The Loss to the Bucs feels almost like a win.  Nobody expected us to be in that game, and nobody expected us to have a game tying drive attempt in the last minute of the game.  To the eventual champs no less.

The players clearly felt like that was a building block and confidence booster.

It was a loss but also a "win".  If this team goes on a playoff run this season, we might be looking at that Bucs loss as the turning point.

While I do agree, they don't put feelings in the record books. It was still a losing season without a playoff win. Im happy we overachieved to get there and do think it made guys much hungrier, but until we're stringing together winning seasons and some playoff wins, we definitely belong on **** lists like that.

• Like 4

I think we got the right backer…

Parsons on Hard Knocks/Good Morning Football has a whiny personality. Some would tote that as spirit but it’s child like. In fact, Nate Burleson used the exact phrase “child-like” (which I said in my head while the clip was playing).

He wants to play but when he’s shut down he goes back to the bench and complains some more. 

This seems consistent with some of the pre-draft commentary RE: character.

On the other end of the spectrum: Najee Harris is a fun guy who says what he thinks but it just always seems to be in good fun and not bathed in negativity. 

As for our guys: Going to be interesting how they are utilized tomorrow against New England. I think you’re going to see “starters” longer than anticipated but you’ll see guys who are going for starting spots who need some film a lot longer. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Parsons vs. Davis debate is irrelevant because Parsons was taken way before our pick came up. Its not like we passed on him. The more relevant arguments are Davis vs. JOK and Cosmi vs. Darrisaw.

I like Davis but I never thought he was the type of prospect Parsons was. I'm not going to make proclamations about his character at this point cuz I just don't know enough. 

• Like 1