Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I saw most of the Richmond practices.  Dyami looked good but to my eyes didn't really standout in a big way aside from a couple of big catches.  to me he blended in with the other receivers who also looked good but not jaw dropping good.  Terry was jaw dropping good.  But it sounds like Dyami has come on big in recent practices.

I mentioned this after watching camp which is that I have the impression that Dyami will play his share of X when Terry plays slot.    I noticed with him aside from the deep ball -- they threw him a bunch of quick slants, shallow crossers. 

Fitz was very excited about Dyami on the post-practice interview with Julie and Dhall. Mentioned he is someone to absolutely look out for this year

Just watched a clip of Mclaurin tossing his gloves to a kid and how excited he was.  Next year, they should have a ton of footballs for the fans.  It's the perfect opportunity to reward the fans who travel to watch a practice.  If a player makes a nice play, they toss the ball off the field to the stadium crew and let them hand them out to the fans.  Cost them nothing and could make the night for a lot of kids.

• Like 5

Nice catch by Terry in that clip...kinda gasped for air though with the way he came down with the ball.

Fan experience?...I know..I know it's not the 70s anymore but whatever happened to just attending the game for the game?...nowadays fans need entertained all the way around while watching the game?..pffff

More people at that live practice than on actual game day

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

He got beat pretty bad off the line against Brown. That's cool and all, I like to see our rook WRs killing it, but Fuller is really started to feel overrated to me.

It's a 1v1 drill, so WR's get an edge, plus Fuller is good in off coverage, and wasn't he lined up there in press? (Need to see the clip again). Press isn't his game.  Off coverage is.

Part of why we're hoping Juice pans out.  He and Jackson can do Press while Fuller can move around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, -JB- said:

Wtf are you kidding me 😂Season 5 No GIF by The Office

You know what? They're trying. Let's at least try to be positive. From everything I saw that practice was all about bringing positivity back to fanbase that needs it desperately. Fedex field is not a destination most people want to go to, myself included. Enhancing the experience is what modern day Football stadiums are about. You think Jerry Jones doesn't have 8 millions lasers shooting out his ass in that place? His house is packed with Cowboys fans regardless of what the team is going through. We need that desperately or Fedex will forever remain another road game for the home team. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

SS Jr. is a wildcard for our offense. Great insurance if Samuel were to miss any time. I still have faith in that young man.

As much **** as we all have given him, he adds a dynamic to this offense (and special teams) if he can clean up the drops and muffed/misplayed punts. He will need to prove himself in preseason, but he’s got a higher ceiling still than the other slot types at the bottom of a WR depth chart. I’d be willing to give him another chance.

Edited to add I know it seems like he’s been around forever, but this is only his 3rd year he’s going into… 

Edited by terpfan
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I just don't want Sims returning punts.

Probably not worth keeping him if he doesn’t. 

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd rather have Cam than SS. We have small quick WRs. 

I guess it's pick one from

Harmon

SS

Milne

Wright

AGG

Cam seems to be close to a lock regardless. I still think there’s a chance we keep 7 total with one of the Harmon/AGG group and one of the SS/Milne/Wright/Carter group (to also be the primary returner). 

Edited by terpfan
  • Like 1

Seems like the roster is shaping up.  Obviously there’s still room for movement as we hit the preseason games, but this is what I’m piecing together so far:

QB (3) - FitzPatrick, Heinicke, Allen (assuming he doesn’t land on PUP/IR)

RB (4) - Gibson, McKissick, Patterson and Barber (obviously there’s a chance we only keep 3, but I’m starting to doubt it)

TE (3) - Thomas, Bates, Hemingway or Seales-Jones (Reyes to PS, but there’s a small chance we keep a 4th TE over 7th WR or 4th RB)

WR (7) - McLaurin, Samuel, Humphries, Brown, Carter, Sims, Sims Jr (obviously a chance Harmon, AGG or Milne take a spot from one of the last 3, I think it would be Milne as he’s the most versatile)

OT (4) - Leno, Lucas, Cosmi, Charles*

OG (3*) - Scherff, Sweitzer, Flowers, Charles*

C (2)-  Roullier, Ismael (possibly the FA we brought in - blanking on the name - earns the backup spot)

Total - 26

SS (3) - Collins, Curl, Forrest or Everett

FS (2) - McCain, Reaves (Curl can play FS if need be)

Corner (5) - Jackson, Fuller, St. Juste, Moreland, McTyver (this feels a bit light, but there’s some positional flexibility - McCain and/or Curl could play inside if need be)

WLB (2) - Hudson, Toney (versatility to play emergency DE)

MLB (2) - Davis, Bostic

SLB (2) - Holcomb, Mayo or Norris 

DE (4) - Young, Sweat, Smith-Williams, King (Toohill or whoever could push King to the PS)

DT (4) - Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Settle

Total - 24

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

👀 Cam Sims has had a very quiet camp so far. Even with Samuel out.

The way I see it there are three types of players. Those that ball out in practice, those that are gamers, and those that can do both. Steve Sims, Cam Sims, Terry Mclauren. I’m not saying Cam hasn’t had his issues but I think above all he shines under the lights whereas Steve wilts. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Seems like the roster is shaping up.  Obviously there’s still room for movement as we hit the preseason games, but this is what I’m piecing together so far:

QB (3) - FitzPatrick, Heinicke, Allen (assuming he doesn’t land on PUP/IR)

RB (4) - Gibson, McKissick, Patterson and Barber (obviously there’s a chance we only keep 3, but I’m starting to doubt it)

TE (3) - Thomas, Bates, Hemingway or Seales-Jones (Reyes to PS, but there’s a small chance we keep a 4th TE over 7th WR or 4th RB)

WR (7) - McLaurin, Samuel, Humphries, Brown, Carter, Sims, Sims Jr (obviously a chance Harmon, AGG or Milne take a spot from one of the last 3, I think it would be Milne as he’s the most versatile)

OT (4) - Leno, Lucas, Cosmi, Charles*

OG (3*) - Scherff, Sweitzer, Flowers, Charles*

C (2)-  Roullier, Ismael (possibly the FA we brought in - blanking on the name - earns the backup spot)

Total - 26

SS (3) - Collins, Curl, Forrest or Everett

FS (2) - McCain, Reaves (Curl can play FS if need be)

Corner (5) - Jackson, Fuller, St. Juste, Moreland, McTyver (this feels a bit light, but there’s some positional flexibility - McCain and/or Curl could play inside if need be)

WLB (2) - Hudson, Toney (versatility to play emergency DE)

MLB (2) - Davis, Bostic

SLB (2) - Holcomb, Mayo or Norris 

DE (4) - Young, Sweat, Smith-Williams, King (Toohill or whoever could push King to the PS)

DT (4) - Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Settle

Total - 24

Sims and Carter feels a little redundant. I’d go with Harmon or AGG over one of those guys. Otherwise I like this prediction a lot. 

The CB battle is interesting. Seems like we’ve heard more about guys like Cole Luke and McTyver over Darryl Roberts, Stroman and Danny Johnson. But that’s a lot of guys for likely one, maybe two spots. Preseason performance will mean a lot for that position I think.