Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

13 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

He gave his boss a list of teams he refuses to call games for, then he went bowling with the owner.

Do you think RG3 is generally disliked in this area or in some circles because of his comments and behavior?  It’s not really talked about much but I think RG3 blames this franchise in a way for his lack of success.  I say this because of a controversial tweet I heard he put out a while back something to the affect, of “ somehow they’ll find a way to blame this on me.”  He was referencing this franchise, but he was long gone from here when he posted the tweet.

Edited by Vanguard

41 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

See this is the bs ignorance of people...because he's accused he's guilty? 

Agreed.  The NFL too often ends up with egg all over the shield by reacting too quickly.  They should have a very simple philosophy.  Once a player has their due process in court, then the NFL will make a decision on whether or not to discipline a player.  Then, they should never, ever deviate from that policy.  

Edited by ThomasRoane
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Agreed.  The NFL too often ends up with egg all over the shield by reacting too quickly.  They should have a very simple philosophy.  Once a player has their due process in court, then the NFL will make a decision on whether or not to discipline a player.  Then, they should never, ever deviate from that policy.  

Yep, these guys are absolutely rich enough to pay off their accusers and keeping entertaining us without reprocessions. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yep, these guys are absolutely rich enough to pay off their accusers and keeping entertaining us without reprocessions. 

And surely, no one would ever accuse someone falsely to get rich would they? Or for revenge?  Ask Brian Banks about that. 

Even though our justice system is flawed, they do this every day for a living.  It's silly to expect a sports business to do a good job of executing justice.  Everyone should have a right to a trial by jury.  Stop being snarky.  You'd want a chance to defend yourself if you were accused wouldn't you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

After fighting through a turf toe injury toward the end of an exceptional rookie season, Washington Football Team running back Antonio Gibson feels like he's all the way back physically. 

"I'm fine," Gibson told NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay. "I'm out there making cuts, running routes, blocking, so I'm fine."

Gibson ran for 795 yards as a rookie in 2020, scoring 11 touchdowns in 14 games for Washington as one of its most dependable offensive contributors. However, turf toe can be a nagging injury that needs a lot of time to fully recover. Then even when it does recover, the mental side can keep a player from performing at the highest level. 

For Gibson, he said that kind of mental hurdle isn't a factor right now. 

"When you're injured, it's a lot of mental aspects to it," Gibson said. "So even when you're not hurt, sometimes people tend to think about it, you limp or you're kind of compensating on the other side. So [you] try to get out of your head, play as fast as you can, worry about it after the game, make sure you treat it up well so you can be ready for the next day."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's good that he's fine-tuning those skills, given that he's going against a veteran like Ryan Fitzpatrick. In fact, matching against the signal-caller is part of what's helping him improve.

"It's been a blast, man," Holcomb said. "You know, Fitzy being that vet, he's starting to get a feel for the offense. Now it's becoming more...like a chess match."

It seems that Fitzpatrick has been getting a stronger hold on the concepts, though, because he's progressively improved over the past week. He delivered one accurate pass after the other during Thursday's practice and developed a stronger bond with Terry McLaurin and Logan Thomas.

The competition has become more balanced, and that makes things exciting for Holcomb.

"He's checking, we're checking," Holcomb said. "It's made it really fun and he keeps it light out there and he keeps it a good time. You're never like getting down on yourself. It's like we got a competition out here."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Do you think RG3 is generally disliked in this area or in some circles because of his comments and behavior?  It’s not really talked about much but I think RG3 blames this franchise in a way for his lack of success.  I say this because of a controversial tweet I heard he put out a while back something to the affect, of “ somehow they’ll find a way to blame this on me.”  He was referencing this franchise, but he was long gone from here when he posted the tweet.

Not trying to turn this into an RG3 thread. But who really cares what he says at this point? He has no connection at all left to the coaching staff or front office of this team. He will be paid for his opinion. And it really means nothing at all with this current team. 

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our defense is so stacked it's gonna be ****ing nasty good. I can not wait to play the chargers.

Herbert will be a test regardless of how good our D is. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not trying to turn this into an RG3 thread. But who really cares what he says at this point? He has no connection at all left to the coaching staff or front office of this team. He will be paid for his opinion. And it really means nothing at all with this current team. 

If RG3 says Dan Snyder cheated at bowling...I will eat that **** up.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our defense is so stacked it's gonna be ****ing nasty good. I can not wait to play the chargers.

Especially being the 2nd year in the system for most of the players...that's gonna help a lot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Panninho said:

I honestly don't really believe the chatter. Why would anyone trade for Watson in the current situation? Especially if the asking price is at least 3 firsts plus a couple of starters like it was reported. I don't think a trade will happen until it's clear how it goes on with Watson.

Can’t imagine NFL allows a trade to happen right now involving Watson. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I asked KillBill and I doubt it will turn into an RG3 thread.  Not many people are interested.  I asked because I’m wondering if it will affect his coverage of the team.  And again, I wanted Bills opinion.