Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

First scherff gets taken off the field, not even looking injured, now fitz gets taken off and is on a phone in medical tent? 

we trading both of them to Houston for Watson? 😂😂 

Only if they offer us an additional first. Watson is damaged goods. 

9 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I know a lot of people have written him off with the new additions to the WR core, but I really feel like he's going to not only make the team, but have a solid contributing role this year. 

Gonna be tough without returning kicks.

• Like 2

In a 17-game season, a lot more guys are going to be hurt and more guys are going to be taken off someone else's practice squad.  Especially later in the year if you need a fresher body at some position and there's a guy who would be on an NFL roster but for a logjam ahead of him, then guys are going to be taken, and so why not take advantage of someone trying to stash a potential steal on the practice squad when you need help at that position?  So you might see some unusual active roster keeps to avoid losing that potential steal.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harmon seems to be having a really strong camp. 

Kinda seems that way, yeah.

28 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I know a lot of people have written him off with the new additions to the WR core, but I really feel like he's going to not only make the team, but have a solid contributing role this year. 

I’m not ready to go that far, but Harmon does have a number of things going for him.  Brings the intangibles - work ethic, dedication, good character - and has some plus physical skills - good size, blocking ability, hands, contested catch ability.  Coming into camp full go is pretty impressive.  Easy to forget he was just a rookie when he filled in for Paul Richardson and that he had some decent production for a rookie 6th rounder.

I do understand the doubts people have - he’s not particularly quick and he’s not fast - but I don’t think he’s a one trick pony possession receiver type either, he can go up and get the deeper passes.

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Gonna be tough without returning kicks.

He does play teams well though, but you’re right that the team needs a returner and it’s most likely coming from that last receiver spot.

• Like 3

From the “dug in so hard they aren’t going to back down” comment Rivera made, which was quoted above, that’s society in general also, not just the NFL. 

I kinda think a lot of the nfl players are not getting the vaccine simply because they’re being told to snd they don’t want to be told what to do by the NFL. 

What the NFL should have done is very quietly worked out a deal with the Union leadership to require vaccinations and conceded some point to the union. Possible stop testing, additional roster spots, future healthcare benefits, something, and then had the union leadership push rhe agreement because it’s good for both sides.  

But instead the NFL kindof went scortched earth, and that’s rubbing people the wrong way.  And honestly, most of the folks it’s rubbing the wrong way have generational wealth, and they don’t like being bullied, so they won’t be.

I don’t agree at all with the position not to get vaccinated, (I’m fully vaccinated and drove to freaking Morgantown WVA for my first shot because nothing was available closer, and I live in NoVa) but I can totally understand the frustration of the players how this was handled. 

what makes this somewhat different than corporate America where companies are requiring vaccinations for their employees is that in most cases, if you choose not to get vaccinated, you’re easily replaced, and the employee stands to lose a lot.  I’m the NFL, there are only so many Chase Young’s, so you can’t fire him and replace him, and most have already made enough money so they don’t have to be forced.

but whatever.  It is what it is.

• Like 2

Sounds like Landon Collins had a very good day with 2 interceptions.  I think he is motivated and will have a very good year for us.  He said that he feels better & faster than ever.  We are building a very deep roster.  Getting pretty stoked for the games to begin!  HTTFBT!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’ve never understood where this particular saying came from.  Does putting mustard on a hotdog make it faster?  

The saying is "mustard on the ball", not "mustard on the dog" lol...so either baseballs, basketballs and footballs actually do travel faster when mustard is placed on them and it's been documented in studies...or the balls mentioned in the saying are, uh, of a different type.

• Haha 1